Ginyu's body switch

Best answers
I do not know if the team has decided on how Ginyu's body swap will work, but here is my idea, I believe this will work well.

Ginyu should have all the basics(melee, kiblast, gen ball/beam) and his signature attack, body swap. I think body swap should work like this: it has the properties of beams, blasts, and discs. From the beam, you cannot move after firing(or while charging). From the blast, you cannot control it after firing. From the disc, the more it is charged, the bigger the radius of the beam(easier to hit); and, it cannot be blocked. The goal is to make the attack perfectly viable, while not becoming overpowered. It should be easy to get a hit with it, but also very possible to avoid. To do this, it should have a moderatly fast charge time, maybe two seconds faster than a gallit gun for a full charge. It should also move very quickly, I believe the fastest attack is the destructo disc, it should move slightly faster than the disc. It should also have an aura, while charging, like the gallit gun. This aura should stand

Now, for the effects of the beam. The first, you do NOT gain the attacks of whomever you swap with. Remeber, when Ginyu swaped with Goku, he never did the Kamehameha, but he could still do the body swap. It will work like Buu's transformation: your model changes, your stats change, but your attacks do not. This will make Ginyu a pure melee player. Some may not like this, but I believe it will work best. If I am Goku with a PL of 2 million, and Ginyu hits me with a body swap, and he has 1 million PL, I change to Ginyu's model, keep all my same attacks, but I now have 1 million PL, and have the speed and life of Ginyu. Now, this is a permanant transformation for me, if I die, I remain Ginyu. This is absolutely nessecary as if dieing reverts you to your origanal form, everyone will simply type "kill" in console as soon as they get hit with it. The only way for me to get my body back is to KILL ginyu, or intercept his body swap beam(not likely to happen often). Ginyu, in my body has only the basic attacks, and his body swap. He gains my PL, my speed, and my ability to transform. He can use the body swap to change again, if he desires. If Ginyu dies, everyone goes back to their original form.

I don't believe I have left anything out, if so please ask and I will answer it.

Comments/Flames/Feedback please...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice idea, I like it. Seems balanced.

Best answers
But imagine all the animations that will have to be done. I mean.. if you keep your own attacks. They would have to model Ginyu to work with every attack. And then they would have to model every character to work with ginyu's attacks :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think body switch attack should not be able to stop... if he throws the beam he should not be able to cancel it out, instead it has to hit a tree or somehting.. but u said it will go pretty fast, so this should not be a problem

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
But imagine all the animations that will have to be done. I mean.. if you keep your own attacks. They would have to model Ginyu to work with every attack. And then they would have to model every character to work with ginyu's attacks :(
Yeah, it would take a very long time to to animate every character with Ginyu's body swap, and to animate Ginyu with every other character's attacks. But, i'm not the one who's gonna have to animate it :). Just kidding. I don't think the team is going to make their decision based on how much work or how many animations they are going to have to do, but on what is most balanced and what best fit's their idea for how Ginyu and the game should work.

Imkongkong, you will not be able to prematurely end your beam. Since you cannot control(it's a blast attack with a beam animation) it you will have to wait for it to come in contact with something.

Best answers
I personally think the body swap would cause too many complications to merit it's inclusion.

Best answers

The team has already decided to add Ginyu, they already have a model and skin, he's gonne be in 1.3. So, your saying to add Ginyu without body swap? Every character has to have a signature move or two, and Ginyu has the body swap. What is his #4 attack slot gonna be, dance? I don't think so.

Best answers
yeh i like this idea, especially the keeping ginyu's body after you die part

Best answers
Actually after dying the player who suffered from that attack should come back to his normal form... And though it's a signature attack I think it's going to be very hard to satisfy everyone... Besides remember that ginyu also needed some time to adapt to his new powers... so he shouldn't instantly get 2.000.000 pl! I'm just imagining what a transformation will be like... Ginyu dancing around! Looking forward to see it! Just hope it doesn't break the balance of the game!

Best answers
konstantine77 said:
If Ginyu dies, everyone goes back to their original form.
i do believe u mean after respawn ofcourse :p

and another thing... about the thing where u cant be at your opponents full power after switching with them... if this is put into the game, i think u should start off at like 70% of their power, then power increases until it hits their 100%... how does it increase? the opposite of how it decreases when you have 1-4 hp

Best answers
arucard89 said:
To be frank, I don't care if they go back to their normal form immediately or when the respawn. The point of having to kill Ginyu to change it back is not to be realistic, but to prevent players changing back immediately by killing themselves.(We all remember how players would join a server with pl_catchup on and would suicide until their pl was closer to the average)

I do believe that the best way to implement the change back would be to have them change on their next spawn, to prevent lag issues.

I image all those model changes at once would be very stress-intensive on the server.

Best answers
Actually how long it takes the team will most likely put into deep consideration. I really think that would be just alot of work. And then it would make it even more difficult for custom models, as they all have to work properly with ginyu switch.. which throws in even MORE possibilitys. And then think of all the extra transformation levels.. we are talking about 3x more than just the amount of players. You have to consider their transformations.

Best answers
Deman said:
So far, the best Body Swap attack Idea I've seen was posted here : http://forum.esforces.com/showpost.php?p=524265&postcount=7
That's a pretty good idea. It stops racing to bodychange with the highest pl player. ( hmm i remember ginyu bodychanging only for health in a dbz flash game)

Course you'd have to let him use the moves of the character he takes over otherwise he'd suck since he don't have many moves of his own..

Best answers
Hrm.. I like the idea of body swap, but this is sounding more like a game mode, not an attack. I think that the bodyswap should allow him to change bodies with someone and gain atleast 1 of their major attacks. Like, Goku, he would gain kamehameha. I also think after he takes the first body the charge time for the body swap should be elongated. Just my opinion.

Best answers
If that's too complicated, the body swap can simply freeze the player...

or give Ginyu the player's abilities for an x amount of time

Best answers
konstantine77 said:
To be frank, I don't care if they go back to their normal form immediately or when the respawn. The point of having to kill Ginyu to change it back is not to be realistic, but to prevent players changing back immediately by killing themselves.(We all remember how players would join a server with pl_catchup on and would suicide until their pl was closer to the average)

I do believe that the best way to implement the change back would be to have them change on their next spawn, to prevent lag issues.

I image all those model changes at once would be very stress-intensive on the server.
ever play Natural Selection? well when you get eaten by a monster, u go in his stomach... while u are in there, u cant type Kill in console, it gets disabled.. cuz believe me ive tried.. well anyways, it'd be the perfect/easy solution to that problem

Best answers
arucard89 said:

and another thing... about the thing where u cant be at your opponents full power after switching with them... if this is put into the game, i think u should start off at like 70% of their power, then power increases until it hits their 100%... how does it increase? the opposite of how it decreases when you have 1-4 hp
How about when you body switch you have the powerlevel that you had b4 the swirch and then it just slowly goes up to whoever you switched to's level.

Best answers
Jaiketsu said:
Hrm.. I like the idea of body swap, but this is sounding more like a game mode, not an attack.
Remember, since you do not gain the special attacks of the character you swap with, and ginyu doesn't have any high powered beams of his own, all the(and I use this term reluctantly)"beamspammers" will have absolutely no incentive to use Ginyu to become the strongest. If he is a melee character(even moreso than trunks) this will drastically cut down on the people using him simply to become the strongest and dominate the server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom