Signature

Best answers
Alright, this is my first SOLO signature. Crits are welcome, but if you can think of anything that could help me out please tell me. I know the sig name is Hawkeye, but I DID make this. Its JKA clan forum sig. I decided to bring it here for some feedback. (Clan members are dull). Thanks in advance for all the comments, but also i'd like to know if anyone could tell me or give me any tutorials to guide me through how to use brushes in images effectively. (Yes, i'm an idiot.) :]

P.S. I know the cutting on the image on the right is bad. Note to self; never use the magic eraser near hair.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't have a flow to it.... The text effects don't work at all, and it is just REALLY random. Work on giving things a theme of some sort.

Best answers
reet o step 1, background.. if your up for the whole dull theme go for it, but try work with the filters etc in photoshop to give it a crisp effect lol, um.. if you do want to mess wit filters try duclicape the layer and chenge the filter effect to overlay or sumit thats cool. eh..

as for images, what i like to do is duplicae the image and guassier blur it, and sort or blur it with an effect so its not as much for rough cut outs.

Theme is important i recons, people usually dont like to see stuff like an apple with an anime dude in a black matrix type suit mixed in together with a bright purple background, so if its anime, go for in the same anime or sumit i dunno.

One last thing that relly seems to annoy me is the end colour, i hate to see a bright multicolourd sig with more colours than a ranbow, unless its like a logo, just flatten image, Ctrl+A, then hue+saturation and click on colour (bottom right) and like play with that till you got a colour u like. Then i like duplicate and play with filters again, an old method but it works

I dont know bout brushs etc lol, im oldskool

-SaN

Best answers
From what I can see the background is clouds, and clouds for a background is never good. The text is very bad and the images are of low quality and dont work good with the signature. Best advice would be to scrap everything and start over. :(

Best answers
GreenArrow said:
From what I can see the background is clouds, and clouds for a background is never good. The text is very bad and the images are of low quality and dont work good with the signature. Best advice would be to scrap everything and start over. :(
Yeah. I'm not good at strategizing themes and such. But hey, i'm just starting out. Hopefully i'll get better over time. But i'm really wanting to know how to make those waves and stuff in the backgrounds. If its with brushes, I don't see how you could do that with the default ones. But hey, thats why i'm a newb artist. o_O

Best answers
not to go off topic but jaiketsu do you have AIM or MSN? if so please pm those to me. TO MODS: i could not pm him so thats why i asked in this thread.

Lid

L
As previously stated there is no flow to it at all, and the font is terrible.

Best answers
Goten-son said:
not to go off topic but jaiketsu do you have AIM or MSN? if so please pm those to me. TO MODS: i could not pm him so thats why i asked in this thread.
Yeah, I do. Sent the PM

Thanks for the comments guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom