Mobility in Advanced Melee.

Best answers
Well this is "kind" of generic, but with the current system this is all I can think of.

Moving in Advanced melee:

In order to activate mobility movement you have to Hold, both the Punch, and Kick keys (Mouse 1, and 2), or there could be another button you could press hold another button like "Power up" whichever works best for everyone.

When inputting attack arrows. If you want to move, and increase the momentum of your attack. You have to hold the arrow direction you want to go in while you input other keys, so for example;

Player 1: Starts a Prepunch combo. While Player 1 is prepunching he is
entering the keys in for his attack. 1. of the keys is being held down "Jump", and he is entering the attack keys.

^, v, >, <, ^, ^, > While the attack is being inputted the defending player "player 2" is entering the keys he sees that are up "^, v, >, <, ^, ^, >, and he is also holding Jump(since he also saw jump was a momentum key being held down). After all the keys are inputted, or while they are being inputted (like how adv melee currently is).

They are slowly moving up. You can easily noticed they are moving Upwards. Its not like its slow. It will be about the same speed as Prepunching speed.
While once all of the keys are done being inputted at the end of the attack sequence by Player 1. Player 2 then inputs his sequence. He also holds Jump for the fight to move Upwards. He inputs ^, v, ^, ^, ^, while holding the Jump key. While the fight carries on upwards they get to the ceiling.

This is where the characters shift. The Attack is below the Defender. In other words the Attack is below the Defender attacking him upward. Now Player 1 thinks its too hard to keep getting a disadvantage because he is being attack into the ceiling causing him crusing damage, so he decides they should move down.

He now holds down Crouch too, and inputs his arrow keys "v, <, <, >, ^" While holding crouch. Knowing this is the final input of the scuffle. Player 2 starts to focus more on the arrows, but He doesn't notice that crouch is being held (he just focuses on the arrows), so he gets owned by the onslaught of Player 1, since Player 1 moves down, and attacks him from below, but at the end Player 1 hits player 2 up back into the ceilling causing him to bounce off the ceiling, and fly back into Player 1, and Player 1 sends him back into the ceiling for a combo.

This is just one example of Mobility in adv melee.

Now the controls for Mobility in adv melee.

^ - Forward

v - Back

< - Left

> - Right

Crouch - Down

Jump - Up

JumpForward - Up, and Forward in an Angle

JumpBack - Up, and Back in an Angle

JumpLeft - Up, and Left in an Angle

JumpRight- Up, and Right in an Angle

Forwardleft - Forward, and Left in an Angle

ForwardRight - Forward, and Right in an Angle

Backright - Back, and Right in an Angle

Backleft - Back, and Left in an Angle

Crouchforward - Down, and Forward in an Angle

Crouchback - Down, and Back in an Angle

Crouchleft - Down, and Left in an Angle

Crouchright - Down and Right in an Angle

These are the ways you can move.

Now another way of movement will be yes the "Teleport".

The Teleport works the same way as the mobility arrows Except. Instead of holding the arrow you have the press Teleport, and then the direction, but it consumes more ki.

Mobility movements cost as much ki as flying, but Teleport costs as much ki as it does if you regularly teleport outside of Advanced melee.

Heres a small Teleport example:

Player 1, and Player 2 are inputting there Keys while Player 2 is prepunching player 1. At the end of the prepunch Player 2's first command is a Strong punch, and a Teleport going forward, so Player 2 Punches Player 1, but player 1 blocks it (yes he blocks its not a dodge). Then they teleport forward, and resume the fight. Teleport puts more momentum into the attack making it stronger. If the defender makes the teleport, but gets hit by the attack. He will take double the damage of the attack. Causing a "Momentum Smash".

Best answers
I think this would make a nice addition to my system. Sounds well thought of, I like it. Not too complicated yet easy to use.

Best answers
I agree with Carnage, this is a very cool addition. But I dont understand how it would work if you are moving forward, backwards, left or right, since you have to hold the button through the duration of the combo (at least thats what I understood) then this would interfere with the combo input.

Best answers
Yea thats why you have to think out real fast what you want to do before you do it. Its called making a "strategery" (yes a strategery)

Strategery
Copyright George W. Bush

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i liek it, this would really customize the fighting system, it would allow you to think of own strategies (while one players goes down, u go up and kick his head or sumthing :p) or atleast that is waht i think u mean o_o

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it but i think insted of moving up the whol time while fighting you should instantle go over the player that ia defending himself and linkes whit a downsloam it would be a great looking combo left or right would be to the left player side or the right side and if a player is hit from the back se should loose mor HP than if he is hit from the front

Best answers
great idea .. yea ... what if you can go forward, left and right while prepunching

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's got potential. Mobility in ADV.Melee could make it much more strategic. I don't like the way you mocve though. If you have to hold down an arrow to move in that direction, that means that you can't input whatever you're holding. I still like the idea though, there just should be a better way to execute it.

Best answers
Well the player that hits a Certain key for movement. They can't hit that key in there Melee inputs, so it will work out right, or we can agree on something else like...

You only have to hold primary, and secondary attack to press the movement key, one time instead of holding that key the whole time, so you can fight as normally. Either of the two would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom