ESF Beta 1.0 for steam

Jez

Best answers
I have heard that CS and possibly NS are going to release old builds for steam, purely cause some fans thought that those versions were better or something. I was wondering if the ESF Team could do the same, because im my opinion 1.0 was my favourite version, and sadly due to the shut down of WON and the introduction of STEAM i cant get it to work anymore :( it would be really cool if they could just make it work for steam, just for old times sake :)

Jez

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can play 1.0 on steam. You just have to install it in the right folder.

Jez

Best answers
o, ok my friend said that it comes up with an error of a missing .dll :S

ok, i have tested it and it comes up with an error that it cant find cl_dlls/client.dll ... so technically it doesnt work, im sure its an easy fix to convert it for steam, but does anyone know how, or is it a coding job?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you of course wont be able to play it in somone elses server since the 1.0 and 1.2.1 dll files are different the only thing you can do is create a new server and play on that

Jez

Best answers
thats what i plan on doing, cause then me and some friends can play 1.0, i know all of the issues with that, and all i need would be a fix to get it working with steam, and im sure some other people out there somewhere would also want to play good ole 1.0 again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom