open challenge

Best answers
I wanna try out this fight club dealy. Any takers?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Welcome to the club, SeventehIX. I'll be your ref for this fight. :D

This fight shall be taking place in a Colosseum in good old Roman times - meaning blood thirsty crowds, a scattering of corpses and anything else you guys can come up with. As usual this is best two out of three.

Begin smack-talk when ready and good luck!

Best answers
As 79 sat quietly in the stadium seat, watching the battle, he shook his head. How could these fighters possibly be losing in such an awful manner? The stadium was riddled with blood and the corpses of challengers. These challengers, one by one, had all faced the same man and lost not only the fights, but their lives. That man was Vejimaru.

After Vejimaru finished off his newest victim, a tall, buff man in a black trench coat, he stood up tall. He appeared totally unscathed. Staring out into the audience, he yelled “Will no one else face me?”

79 was sickened by this horrendous display. He stood up and hollered “I will!” Vejimaru stared out at the audience. 79 leaped from his seat and with a loud smash landed in the stadium, only a meter or two from Vejimaru.

With a sneer on his face, Vejimaru remarked “So be it.”

Vejimaru grabbed his two blades, both extremely sharp and stained in blood, and began his onslaught. 79 quickly scooted to the right to dodge this first attack. Turning around, Vejimaru commented “You’re better than these other weaklings were. Perhaps I have a challenge on my hands.”

Just after finishing this statement, he felt a searing pain in his stomach. Looking down, he saw 79’s fist lodged deep into his gut. As Vejimaru fell, 79 replied “Perhaps.”

Vejimaru quickly got back to his feet. He realized that this was no ordinary fighter. Moving incredibly fast, he leaped in the air and landed behind 79. 79 moved to the right, but Vejimaru was prepared for this. Acting quickly, he jabbed one of his swords, and, just as planned, it went directly into 79. “It only pierced your side,” Vejimaru whispered into 79’s ear, “but it’s enough to give me the advantage.”

Acting quickly, 79 grabbed the blade with his left hand and pulled it out. The pain was intense, but bearable. He slammed his right foot into the side of Vejimaru’s face, which sent him flying. Despite the puddle of blood that had appeared around him, he seemed in control of the fight. “Now I’ll get serious,” 79 said in a calm tone. He placed his right hand on the handle protruding from the sheath on his back, and slowly pulled out his weapon.

Best answers
Vejimaru held his opponent up in the air by the collar of his armor. He looked to the crowds, seeing whether this fool should live. The crowd cheered as they all gave a thumbs down. Veji smiled as he drew his katana and plunged it through his opponents stomach. He held it in for a few seconds before pulling it out as he let go of the fool. Before Veji's opponent could hit the ground, Veji had spun in a lethal arc and lopped off the man's head.

"BRAVO!!!"

Emperor Ceasar stood up and started clapping, despite the fact that his guards were busy dealing with a man yelling "Beware the Ides of March!"

Vejimaru bowed to the man who had treated him so kindly since he had fallen through that time warp.

"Bring in his next opponent!" Ceasar yelled.

Vejimaru turned toward the iron gate that led to the prisons. Who was the next pitiful man he would face next? As the gate opened, Vejimaru saw something making it's way out, flinching in the bright sunlight as if he had been kept in the dark for his whole life. As he came fully into the light, Veji saw his features. He was a pale skined man, wearing naught but some blue cloth pants and some boots that seemed not from this age. Vejimaru also noted that a sword sheath hung over the man's shoulder.

"#79!" Ceasar's assistant yelled.

the Iron Gate slammed shut behind 79 trapping him in with the white tiger. 79 looked up at Vejimaru and saw that his sword was drawn, prompting the challenger to draw his own. His eyes changed as he did, turning from a blue to a silvery hue.

"How odd this man is..." Vejimaru thought to himself.

He had no more time to think as the muscular 79 dashed toward him, sword held under himself. Veji brought his own sword up parrallel with his face, a typical defensive stance. 79 dashed in and instead of doing a horizontal slash, typical finisher of the dash he was in, he leapt up, spun in the air and brought his large sword down on Vejimaru's skull.

"This man is a skilled swordsman," Vejimaru thought to himself as he brought his katana up across his head, blocking the garguntan blade, "but not moreso than thyself."

He held 79 up for a second before throwing him away with a twisting sword parry. Veji somersaulted backward as 79 came for him with lunging, yet controlled horizontal slashes to the midriff. As Veji placed his right hand on the ground, his free hand shot out and grabbed the Gladius sword of a fallen gladiator. He landed on his feet and dropped into the Double Demon Sword Stance, Gladius held down low to the ground, Katana held above his head, points of the blades pointing at #79. 79 paused at seeing his style.

"His feet are spread widely, yet he is balanced...he could take a sharp blow meant to knock down the opponent without having to move...and he would be in a perfect counter position no matter how I attacked..."

79 rushed in, sword held high above his head, hoping to use his momentum and a downward blow to break the white tiger's stance. He brought his sword down hard, the sword itself only a blur. Vejimaru brought the gladius up and held it perpendicular to the giant blade, sending a shower of sparks everywhere as the swords collided. Vejimaru, using the temporary pause in action to his advantage, brought his katana round and slashed at 79's chest, leaving a long, red gouge. He continued his spin and came around again, this time landing a powerful spin kick on the bloody slash, sending 79 flying across the arena.

"Ughh...." 79 groaned as he pulled himself up. He was covered in sand and dirt, and his cut was now a sickly brownish-red. "Looks like I'll have to get serious."

With that, he hoisted his mighty sword above his head and slammed it into the earth at his feet, sending a powerful shockwave at Vejimaru. It hit him hard and sent him into the arena wall, his body creating a large crater as it hit.

"Wow...I didn't see that one coming..."

The white haired warrior pulled himself out of the wall and steadied himself.

"Taste some of your own medicine, fool," He snarled through gritted teeth, "GAIA, GOD OF EARTH, LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH!"

As he yelled, the ground started to shake, although it seemed to be the arena floor only. The crowd noticed nothing.

"What the hell?" 79 said, trying not to fall over. Then it suddenly stopped. 79 looked up to see Vejimaru dashing at inhuman speeds....right at him. Vejimaru brought his knee forward, and before 79 knew what was going on, Veji slammed his knee into 79's chest. Not ending there, the white tiger drew back his foot and planted one of his famous rocket kicks in 79's stomach, sending him into the air, and causing blood to gush out of his already open wound.

79 landed with a sickly thump.

"Get up," Vejimaru said cooly, "I look to the crowd, and they give you the thumbs down. Time to die."

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Ok, for those so impatient that they just have to know, I'm giving this round to Vejimaru. :D

SeventehIX, your post really was quite good. Especially good when considering that this is your first attempt. The problem is that your posts are terribly short. You gave bare details on the attacks delivered and there was barely any defence.

While you are allowed only two succesful attacks on your opponent and one on yourself, there is no limit on the unsuccessful attacks you can make. Attacks that are missed or dodged, blocking and feinting - these are the things that make fights suspenseful and enjoyable to read.

Were you to but put more time into your post I am sure you would be a warrior to be watched. Vejimaru's post was nearly twice the size of yours - though that isn't the reason he won - and the best advice I can give you is to shoot for that kind of length. I realise that you may not have much free time but Fight Club fights have no real time limit. Take all the time you need, as long as you don't take weeks you wont be penalised by me. :D

Vejimaru, I don't have much I really have to tell you - you're a veteran of four battles not counting the ones you're currently participating in. :D Your attacks are detailed, your character has depths you're really delving into now and you made great use of your setting. If I do have one critique it's that you aren't giving enough respect to your opponent. He was ragdolled for quite a bit of your fight and while he is new, he should still be able to inflict a good bit of damage on you.

Were SeventehIX's post just a little better, that problem could have cost you this round. Not putting you down, it was a good post overall, but warning you that you might not find the same result if SeventehIX improves on the next round. ;)

Good luck, boys, I'm hoping for great things in the next round! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom