what do you think after everything is done?

Best answers
what do you think when this mod is completly done? will it be great or willl it suck? for me great! :laff:

Best answers
imo it will die slowly lol i think it will get about 75% accomplished with what it wants then die but hey i could be wrong

Best answers
there are many things that can make mods die

#1 killer, team disputes tho i cant really see that happening in this mod :)
#2 sued for illegally stolen of copyrighten material (to my knowlege this has only happned once)
#3 just dies from dispopularity like Goten-son said
#4 the whole team catches a terminal disease that kills them all :O :O :O lol :p
ect.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see this mod dying anytime soon... sorry.

As far as this what mod will become? I don't have slightest clue, the "transformation" (no pun intended) from alpha to beta was more than anyone expected. So, who knows what this mod will become once it hits the "versions."

You also have to think about Half-Life 2 coming out soon, and how it will manipulate how many people that will stay around, living the soon-to-become-nostalgic life that is the 1998 game of the year.

But, this thread shouldn't be about ESF going to Half-Life 2, because the team has stated constantly, and made it a stern point... that ESF will remain on the original Half-Life.

Overall, I say let's just sit back, be patient, and let PcJoe, harSens, Darktooth, and the rest of the crew surprise us(since they usually do). They'll have my support. :]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Games are rarely ever completely finished. There's just too many things developers want to throw in before the next release, that's why it's so hard to set dates on them.
I don't know what'll become of ESF, nobody really does. If the team keeps at it as they have thus far, it'll stay alive and well.
Only time will tell.

Best answers
atm the mod is pretty cool , you cant know if its gonna be completly done and finished, the team can stop working on it any minute , i think that 1.3 will be a more " completing " version , cuz they will add all the transfromations and some new attacks , so its gonna be more dbz then it was ever before , i dont know if they will go beyond 1.3 tough

Best answers
im pretty sure they will go past 1.3 since there are so many ideas left and they cant all fit them in 1.3..yeah it is impossible to know what will happen but like i said before strange things do happen :p...... however i really hope this mod stays around for a long time

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am going to ignore the other comments here and just answer. My answer is "greater" because ESF is already great inmy view and has always been my favorite multiplayer game, period. Not one version has come out where I wanted it to go back or thought they did something that hurt it, so I only foresee it getting better.

And I saw someone mention something about ESF getting 75% complete then dying off...the fact that there are no other good DBZ games means that this won't die off, and most importantly, we need to realize the the game really IS 75% complete already. What's left? Models? Transformations? More characters? Maybe a couple of moves?

Considering what he had before Beta 1 I'd say it's been a very good ride.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know it could be possible for the team to give up but i dont see why they have a better team than the steam team...well the steam team sucks but if they continue working on this mod and it gets noticed by valve they may buy it or take it and change it into a major game and anyway if technology keeps advancing like hl2 i dont think the game will have a point where its completely finished

Best answers
To be honest i do think this mod will die slowly, and i think HL2 is one of the reasons it will since on HL2 a ****load of awesome mods will be created, just like in HL 1.

Ergo HL2 comes out, i think this game will loose approx 50% of its players.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Vegeta said:
To be honest i do think this mod will die slowly, and i think HL2 is one of the reasons it will since on HL2 a ****load of awesome mods will be created, just like in HL 1.

Ergo HL2 comes out, i think this game will loose approx 50% of its players.
You have to realize, that until the HL2 SDK comes out, all these "awesome mods" will take a long time to come out,

ESF when it's all said and done is going to be one hell of a sick game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah it wont lose to many players actually its extremely difficult to find a good dbz game actually i think this is the best dbz game even over all the systems (like ps2, ps1, game boy etc.)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are some other mods coming out though that look pretty good. Take zeq 2 for example. Once that comes out, esf will lose a lot of players.

Anyway, I personally think 1.3 will be the last version of esf. I'm probably wrong, it's just a guess.

Best answers
From what i KNOW there are beta outlines up to esf 1.8...right now this game is awesome....in 1.3 they will add all the transes in DBZ for the current chars...now in 1.3.1(?)-1.4 they will probably: add new attacks, bug fixes, new chars, more new chars, maybe add DBGT stuff(?), movie chars(?), more great meele :D, and new FX....as for everything else....its a mystery to me...as of everyone...

Best answers
Then again (srry for double post) the ESF team could make a NEW and completly different mod on HL2 i'm not saying convert ESF i'm saying with such a great team of mappers,coders, modelers, and skinners they could make a more great mods

Best answers
This mod will become what the fans make it. With on-going support and dedication from the community this mod will only keep growing.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You people have to realize, that when HL2 comes out... Valve will release the full source for the original Half-life, giving harSens and PcJoe no limitations on what they can do with this mod.

Most anime and cartoon fans love DBZ, and this mod embraces it with amazing ability...

...I know I will support this mod as long as it's around.

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
You people have to realize, that when HL2 comes out... Valve will release the full source for the original Half-life, giving harSens and PcJoe no limitations on what they can do with this mod.
I'm sure they both are anticipating the release of the full source. IMO this mod has just begun it's journey, there is lot's more to come.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I understand, they're not going to release the source any time soon. Halflife and its mods will have to be near dead for them to release the source, and thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
You people have to realize, that when HL2 comes out... Valve will release the full source for the original Half-life
Is that official, now? I was hoping they'd do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom