ESF in its own Engine?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the Half-life full source code comes out, would the coders in esf actually be able to make this game its own running engine, instead of relying on half-life?

What i mean is would ESF be a separate game from half-life period? like no need to get half-life or anything? make maps, animations, graphics as great a they want? Bump Mapping would be great! :yes: :D

i know even with the full source code there will still be limitations (yes there will) like it would never reach anything like Doom 3. or HL2

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i dont think valve will release the sourcecode for hl in the near future since its still the most played online game (with mods).
but if they do, i'd like the idea

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice idea, but I doubt by the time the source code is released that ESF will care enough.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe the team would use HL to much greater effect if they had the full source code.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Joe would just for the sport of it. I mean, think of how many annoying "workarounds" Joe must've had to use to make the engine do what it does anyway...

Imagine an engine where they disabled scripting? That'll be the day.

Best answers
yeah, but the question is could they create the engine?

not that i am doubting their skill but creating esfs own engine would take a hell of a long time

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't worry about it... By the time the HL engine is open source, ESF will be long gone ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL could suprise you, or the life of ESF at that, and i dont think it would take that long, just redirect all the files it looks for and copy the files it uses from half like would probably be an easy way. But i dont know anything about coding, although id like to learn just noone ever shows me where im at... :cry:

Edit: by the way joe, Love the Narudo avatar! :yes:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think it really matters if ESF lives longer then I expect, since I'll be gone by then :p
Thanks for the compliment though ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sucks, Joe. When you leave the mod, that will be the end of it, I'm pretty sure.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this mean that ESF will be dead by the end of this year?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think he thinks the open source wont be avalible for a long time.

And if ESF did die anytime this year, heck i would try my best to keep it going, i know alota ppl irl that could help.

Best answers
naruto is G@y,
esf i heard was to die soon which isn't good since i was expecting more transformations, and... i dunno... doesn't matter to me much anymore anyhow. I don't play esf ever cause the change in melee.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread isn't about whether you like Naruto or not, and your also violating the vulgar language filter, so the warning stands.

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
This thread isn't about whether you like Naruto or not, and your also violating the vulgar language filter, so the warning stands.
doesn't matter, if you want to be a ****, then you have to give RevenTrunks a warning too for going off topic. I stayed on topic, but i stated something in my opinion, quit argueing with me.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mysticssjgoku4 said:
doesn't matter, if you want to be a ****, then you have to give RevenTrunks a warning too for going off topic. I stayed on topic, but i stated something in my opinion, quit argueing with me.
If you don't agree with a warning, please contact a Super-mod or Administrator
but don't go offtopic in threads like your last few posts
this will only get you banned faster!
if you have any questions about this post feel free to PM me!
but stop spamming the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom