busted

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone knows that movies are out of the picture and everything has to be from the series, but i fount some things that are from the movies standart.
lissen to the sounds of the chars, when vegeta does the gallitgun, its from the metal cooler movie and the dragon sound from the garlic jr. movie.

now you're gonna say that this tread is nonsence.
but you know that i'm right, make your own sounds or take them from the series and not from the movies if you dont want movies in.
no movies is no movies so no movie sounds ether, or go with the movies if you can't change the movie sounds.

let's see if there are more ppl that know some sounds, it's for the best :] .

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you just said, this thread is... well nonsense. The team uses these sounds, simply because some sounds from series are not good enough, or there there no sounds at all in the series, the team can use.

With no movies, the team means; no characters, from the movies or GT. I mean look at esf_tom, that's from the movies aswell. Does that mean, they have to add every single character from the movies? No. Simply put, no. Most movie characters simply have barely any attack, or they are too hard to balance.

Best answers
Who cares, there just sounds. Your acting as if they put gt characters in the game and changed there name or something. And just because the galick gun sounds was used in movie's doesnt mean a thing, just because the creators of dbz got lazy and put the sounds in more then one thing it's not there fault.

Best answers
Do you really care whether the team got the clip of the voice actor for Vegeta saying "Galit Gun" from the movies, instead of the series? Seriously dude, its the same v/a, but when Vegeta says "Galit Gun" in the movie, there is no bg music, making it a clearer better sound. And no, that wouldn't be for the best. What would be for the best is if you realized what the team meant.
harSens said:
Move/GT Content
Character ideas and attack ideas from the movies and from GT will more than likely be ignored by the team. ESF is a dbz mod, not a GT mod, not a dbz movie mod, its based on plain old dbz. If you need movie content and gt stuff that badly your free to make your own mod or go somewhere else.
That would be straight from this ( http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=3835 ) thread.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how you entitled this thread "Busted," as if you caught the team doing something they're not allowed to do with their own mod.

"OMG the team used stuff from the movies, they broke their promise, so now they have to add all the movie characters and attacks!"

...No.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...no. agreed.

Man, I have heard some pointless gripes in my day, but this one...heh.

Best answers
SeventehIX said:
Do you really care whether the team got the clip of the voice actor for Vegeta saying "Galit Gun" from the movies, instead of the series? Seriously dude, its the same v/a, but when Vegeta says "Galit Gun" in the movie, there is no bg music, making it a clearer better sound. And no, that wouldn't be for the best. What would be for the best is if you realized what the team meant.

That would be straight from this ( http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=3835 ) thread.
Actually Hibiki typed that. harSens wouldn't make that many typo's :p Note how it says attacks and characters though. Or rather, elements that would affect the gameplay.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And if you were around, freedom used sounds from the later movies due to the fact that funimation took out a lot of their needless crap music and had better sound quality. Hence we end up with voices that are much more clear.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I have to say.. i didnt really care much about it but... check out the default 1.2 deathball charge sound, then compare it to the sound i released for 1.1. They are extremely similar, but i dont think freedom would rip it. but they practally sound the same.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay first thing: Who gives a ****? Not me.
Second: It's the ESF Team's mod, they can add everything they want...
Third: Peace

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeppers, I don't see a reason to keep this open. Niobe, if it makes you feel better to think you caught the team breaking an unwritten rule than go for it. The reality is there are only so many sound bytes available from the series, and if they found a better one from a movie they have no reason not to use it. The same people that did the voices in original series did the voices in the movies too, so it's essentially the same content. What changes is the attacks, the power levels, and a whole lot of other crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom