The simple melee combo

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe the simple melee combo has become a problem in esf servers. For those of you who don't know what I mean when I say the simple melee combo, I'm referring to when someone hits someone else with simple melee, teleports or swoops and hits them again with simple melee, then throws a couple of ki blobs at them.

-Why is this a problem?

For starters, this can deal atleast 30 damage. 1 simple melee hit is worth around 10 damage, and left clicking for kiblobs deals 8 damage (right clicking deals 5). There is nothing your opponent can do to stop this damage like you can in advanced melee either, other then not get hit in the first place (which is absurd). Even as bad as that is, it wouldn't be so bad if there was atleast 1 drawback to using it, but, there isn't any. The only possible thing I can think of is doing the combo uses ki, but then again, everything uses ki. That's not even a problem anyway, as you can recharge when your opponent is recovering.

Another thing I just want to point out. Almost no one uses advanced melee anymore. I remember someone saying in another thread that they don't know why no one uses advanced melee anymore. Well the simple answer is because theres to much risk with it. You can do the simple melee combo with no risk involved and deal 30 damage in a matter of seconds where as with advanced melee, you most likely wouldn't deal 30 damage the first time through and you would take damage yourself. Which would you rather do?

-This was weaked in the patch. Wasn't that good enough?

In the patch, they weaked the generic ball and fixed various bugs with it (For example, charging a generic ball 2x as fast and charging a generic ball for no ki cost). What ended up happening is instead of people throwing generic balls at the end of the combo, they now throw kiblobs. I think they also weakened the amount of damage simple melee deals, not sure about that though.

-Wow, this sounds pretty bad. Isn't there anything we can do about this!?!

Some possible solutions:
I couldn't think of much, but heres what I thought of:
-Make the kiblob do 1 damage instead of 8. It did 1 damage in 1.1 and no one complained. Now that I think of it, i'm not sure why the team decided to up the damage in the first place.
-Take out simple melee combos all together. I loved doing combos in 1.1, but the combos in 1.1 were hard as hell to pull off in a real fight and took a lot of time to get right. Right now, they're the opposite. They're easy as hell to pull off and take no time to learn. Imo, they don't do anything to help gameplay as they are now.
-Increase the knockback distance to twice as fast and long. By my logic, it would take two teleports to perform and you would not be able to keep swooping after you hit someone and get another hit.
-Decrease the amount of damage the second hit does in the combo.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't even know that the ki blobs in 1.1 did only 1 damage. But i like this. I think that basic melee seeing as it is well... basic. and mostly used. that the damage should be decreased greatly. and advanced melee (not the combos) should up in damage. say basic melee should do like 4 or 5 damage. and advanced melee should do like 6 or 7. and i like the 1 dmg ki blob thing. as for the second swoop hit make that damage considerably low like 1 or 2 dmg and make the knock back farther. maybe twice as far as a normal knock back. should give you ample time to try and recover.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
most of this stuff in the game is based off the show in the show theyre not gonna hold back theyre punches so it gives the enemy a fair chance they give you everything they have but i will agree with the ki blobs i dont care about those i rarely shoot at anyone when i knock them down and as for the increased knockback it will give the opponent more chances to triple and quadruple hit you

Best answers
I agree with Hybrid. I cant tell you how many times I would join a server and have to fight someone who just swoops and kicks/teleports and kicks you over and over again until they finish you off with ki blasts the entire time. It gets so annoying that I either end up spending most of my time TRYING to fly away from the guy insted of playing or I just quick and find a server where someone isnt playing like that. One tip: Never go to the clan [ape] server if you hate people who fight like this. Thats all the members of [ape] do.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont complain about fighting styles Damirith. Learn to get around it or just stop joining servers.

I agree with the ki blast thing. A ki blast should not be almost as strong as a punch to the face. Bring back the 1 damage!!!111!1

Although i do the new "simple combo", i think its cheesy and way too easy to use. As Hybrid said, increase the knockback speed and distance. This should make it harder to hit your opponent multiple times.

Offtopic: Make throwing possible to counter once its initiated. As it stands, once you're in the process of being thrown, you're screwed (unless the person tried throwing you when he had little to no ki).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Make the kiblob do 1 damage instead of 8. It did 1 damage in 1.1 and no one complained. Now that I think of it, i'm not sure why the team decided to up the damage in the first place.
:yes: You're right, it's overpowered and unfair on the defenceless (people on the ground) I think 1 damage is too low, 3 or 4 is good enough.

-Take out simple melee combos all together. I loved doing combos in 1.1, but the combos in 1.1 were hard as hell to pull off in a real fight and took a lot of time to get right. Right now, they're the opposite. They're easy as hell to pull off and take no time to learn. Imo, they don't do anything to help gameplay as they are now.
:no: They're bad but they're not THAT bad, I like the system of !SMACK! *zwee* !SMACK into wall/ground! but thats just me, its a very Vegeta-style thing to pull off and looks cool.

-Increase the knockback distance to twice as fast and long. By my logic, it would take two teleports to perform and you would not be able to keep swooping after you hit someone and get another hit.
:no: I'm fed up of wasting my ki swooping the distance i've been knocked back only to have to charge once i'm there and be a sitting duck, i'd only agree with this if swoop ki costs were cut in half or lower. Simple melee is a simple procedure and this would send people away from the fights easily and quickly, making it more boring.

-Decrease the amount of damage the second hit does in the combo.
:yes: If you're still reeling from the last hit and you have no air control then I agree with this, but if you've just recovered then you're in a position to attack or dodge so I think you should take full damage even if it straight after recovering from the first hit.

And about the Adv Melee thing, it doesn't do nearly enough damage to be worth it, but I hear it's being upped a lot in 1.3 so this combo will hopefully dissapear.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, it's overpowered and unfair on the defenceless (people on the ground) I think 1 damage is too low, 3 or 4 is good enough.
3 or 4 is still to much imo. It should be 1 damage, it worked pretty decent in 1.1.

I'm fed up of wasting my ki swooping the distance i've been knocked back only to have to charge once i'm there and be a sitting duck, i'd only agree with this if swoop ki costs were cut in half or lower. Simple melee is a simple procedure and this would send people away from the fights easily and quickly, making it more boring.
Well, there are a lot of things you can do to save ki when flying. To name a few, you can swoop for 1 second or so, then stop, get out of fly mode and you'll start to glide at nearly the same pace as swooping. You can also do 1 teleport, then recharge, 1 teleport, then recharge. I don't think twice the knockback distance would be all that bad anyway, it seems pretty decent to me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would you people stop complaining would you rather us just spam the prepunch and never get into actually advanced melee which i might remind you the prepunch altogether does more damage than two hits with normal melee thats what most of you do anyway

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just so you know, I whore simple melee. Hell, I whore the combo. This in no way shape or form would make simple melee useless. Just more fair.

edit: I just reread your post DaRkOwNs. 12 prepunches does not do more damage then two simple melee hits. 12 prepunches account for 12 damage. If two simple melee hits did 12 damage, I wouldn't be complaining.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great idea 5X:yes: of 5. Did you notice that even now after the simple melee damage was reduced, ppl still use it more than adv melee? and now theyre gonna weaken it even more? I feel like the team is forcing us to use the advanced melee.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well simple melee only does about 6 damage to a person with matched levels i just think nobody should be complaining considering that ADVANCED MELEE NEVER USED TO BE HERE ALMOST ALL OF US EXPERIENCED PLAYERS HAD TO GROW ON THIS GAME WITH PRIMARY MELEE so it pisses me that people have to complain about this and btw i still dont care about the ki blobs you could just take those out of the game for all i care

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah only ppl that have trouble gain power level use them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom