Multistruggle Pulses

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't contribute to this thread until you've read harSens PDF regarding 1.3's new powerstruggle system.

http://home.student.utwente.nl/h.vanwelbergen/esf/powerstruggles.pdf.

I was wondering, as an addition to the new system, if there are more than 2 people in a powerstruggle, say 2v1, the 2 could charge up their pulses and then hold it, then when they're both charged to full; a clientside "!!" appears somewhere on the HUD (or something) and lightning sprites flicker over the 2 characters. Then one of the people charging presses a different, unused, button (e.g *) which fires BOTH characters charges simultaneously that is 1.5 times stronger than the 2 individual pulses would be. There could be a clientside screen flash when it is released.

I think this would look really cool and encourage teamwork, and help weaker characters to work together against stronger enemies (e.g Krillen+Gohan against Buu) Whoever initiated the powerstruggle also gets a larger PL gain (assuming they win) than if they won 1v1 as a result of sharing increased power with their teammate.

And this doesn't just apply to 2v1, it could apply to 5v2 or 3v3 etc etc

The reason I post this now is in the hope that it can make it into 1.3 (and the new PS system) before it is released, also I was getting a bit bored of the "I think you should add X Character/Move" threads.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it would be better in just normal power struggles like in the middle of a power or block struggle you could press the right click and push a pulse of energy at the cost of after wards it either just takes more energy at once or it takes more energy to keep the beam going

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but the idea of this thread was to have it split two ways to increase power and damage and to encourage teamwork, if you read the PDF then you'll see you CAN do that 1v1, charging a pulse of energy down the beam which costs you more ki. My idea is for two players to do this simultaneously for a 1.5x boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom