new advanced melee idea

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know if this has been suggested before but here it goes...

i think instead of charging up the hits in the pre stage why dont we make it that as soon as you get out of prepunch the fight automatically starts

when you get into advanced melee you wont do a charging stage youll just press the buttons straight off it would work like first mouse button:punch second mouse button:kick the longer you hold a mouse button the more power ful the attack becomes and you can do the same direction blocking thing ill try to explain better heres and example...

in advanced melee like this you could do a rapid fire punch by just clicking the left mouse button as fast as you can but on the opponents side you would see directions but you would have about 1.5 seconds to block them and instead of picking what direction you use a bar shows up how powerful your punch gets so the fighting sequences would be as fast paced as in the show if you dont understand this i can try to explain further

as for throwing almost nobody likes throwing but if you really wanted it they could just bind it to like the ctrl key or some key we rarely use thats by the w,a,s,d keys

Best answers
I think that would get pretty crazy. I guess you would still have a time limit of how long you could smash each other at the same time for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I wanted the melee to be like. Kind of like the Enter the Matrix Fighting system. It was incredibly easy and fun to learn, only problem was that it got boring after a while. I think the only reason that they haven't done this was becuase of latency issues, those with 100+ latency would definately be at a large disadvantage.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it doesnt really seem to matter they seem to be at a disatvantage at the current advanced melee anyway

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested something like it before but without prepunch. In your system prepunch is useless. That's why mine doen't include it. And my system goes by rounds and not by turns. Meaning both sides do their thing the same time, but only one hits. Find it yourself, or just ask me where is it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah its extremely confusing just to all of a sudden go into that kinda melee you gotta have time to uh gather yourself and i explained that it would be a fast paced melee that means they both fight at the same time

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This can't be done. Sorry guys, but inputing a real-time meleeing system would just not work at all over the internet, even on LAN it wouldn't work. This is because of one, and only one reason, ping.
Ping greatly influences on how quickly your inputs make it to the server, and back. So basically if you have a 120ms ping, it'll take 120ms for your input to reach the server, and come back, which is alot of time in a real-time melee fight. Even in LAN games, you'll still be pretty much unable to fight in real-time, mainly because of this. This is why, Pcjoe stuck with the current system they have implemented.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krazy-Killa said:
This can't be done. Sorry guys, but inputing a real-time meleeing system would just not work at all over the internet, even on LAN it wouldn't work. This is because of one, and only one reason, ping.
Ping greatly influences on how quickly your inputs make it to the server, and back. So basically if you have a 120ms ping, it'll take 120ms for your input to reach the server, and come back, which is alot of time in a real-time melee fight. Even in LAN games, you'll still be pretty much unable to fight in real-time, mainly because of this. This is why, Pcjoe stuck with the current system they have implemented.

It would work on a LAN, becuase no one has more than 5-10 ping on a lan, if not less. Unless you have a really crappy netwroking card, then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

It just wouldn't work well online. Even though the current system puts you at a disadvantage with a higher ping, you still have some extra time to imput your arrows. Doing it on the fly with a ping of 150+ would just be impossible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a shame because it's a really good idea, it would make the adv melee much more popular and would make it sort of like Supersonic Warriors, I guess you could have it as a server option for LAN games, but it would be more work for the team and you couldn't use it online, which is where ESF's fanbase is. I'm probably the only person who plays on a LAN rather than online :( I'd still like to see it in though.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
It would work on a LAN, becuase no one has more than 5-10 ping on a lan, if not less. Unless you have a really crappy netwroking card, then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

It just wouldn't work well online. Even though the current system puts you at a disadvantage with a higher ping, you still have some extra time to imput your arrows. Doing it on the fly with a ping of 150+ would just be impossible.
Even on LAN games, this wouldn't work too well. Even though you do get 5-10 ping or less. In order to actually fight effectively you'd need a ping of 0, that way the commands get executed at that moment, not within a certain time. And besides, even on LAN you do get spikes in ping, mainly because, if you have a dedicated server going, the server has to hicup the harddrive, and that as well takes time, and causes the game to freeze for that moment. Besides, this type of adv melee has one weakness. Person with the lowest ping, wins. Simple as that. Case closed. (No not Closed topic. ;))

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
This idea has it's good points but I'm on 56k and on almost all the servers i go on all my controls take affect 1 second after I press the key, and as you all know, 1 second makes one hell of a difference in this game. So I would get slaughtered with this melee system (and my bro never plays it on the LAN anymore.......b*****d).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krazy.. a ping of 5-10 won't be noticable at all. each point of ping stands for a millisecond. You won't be able to tell the difference between 0ms of delay or 5ms. Even though all of the moves are live, you have way more than 10 milliseconds to respond, it's not going to be instant.Trust me, It would be fine on a lan, the only time that you'd really start experiencing any problems would be around 100+ ping.

Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
well it doesnt really seem to matter they seem to be at a disatvantage at the current advanced melee anyway
yes but as it is now they atleast have a chance.. i can still do combos at 170 ping as it is now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like this idea much. If it bothers you, you can actually set the prepunches really low, possibly even to 0 or 1, and get the same affect.

Of course you'd have to also tell it to give you a lot more melee time for that one punch, but still.

Best answers
That is how I want the melee to be like. Of course, with some shockwave effects. Some new animations, Fist to Fist punches. Really fast punches. Longer lasting fight. Would be COOL.... advanced melee should always be *fast* not slow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
nah its extremely confusing just to all of a sudden go into that kinda melee you gotta have time to uh gather yourself and i explained that it would be a fast paced melee that means they both fight at the same time
You don't just get in melee. If you land a direct punch at someone then the battle begins. Or if a hit is blocked.
Besides whjen was the last time u saw ppl fight like in 1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom