Extended Options Menu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My idea is to add lots of features into the options, both server options and clientside options (graphics etc)

First Option: I liked the class limitation option, but I think it can be taken further. I'd like to see all the characters have 2 sets of stats, the current, balanced ones and a true-to-show, realistic set. When you start a server (LAN, internet, or just for bots for training or fun) then you get the choice of having balanced stats or realistic stats.

If this isn't possible then you could have it as a seperate gametype. Realism Mode: realistic stats, team deathmatch with real good/evil teams, class limitation: 1.

I know realistic stats wouldn't make it balanced but that's kind've the point. Thats why there are two sets of stats.

Who would use this? Well, me and my friends would (I know thats not really an incentive) and anyone who wants ESF to be more true to the show, or to have a 3v1, balanced fight (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan VS Majin Buu or similar)

Second Option: Starting PL option. Before the server starts you can choose to add set amounts of PL to the characters. Not individually, but to everyone who joins the server. E.g Powerlevels: Default, +1,000,000, +2,000,000 etc
This wouldn't make it unbalanced because everyone gets the powerlevel boost, so the most powerful characters (Majin Buu) would still have their powerlevel larger than everyone elses at the start. This would allow trans' to be reached quicker.

Who would use this? Anyone who wants to start with trans characters or to have bigger explosions and more explosive battles. Or for people who fought long battles and had to DC and want to start with a similar powerlevel. It's the nearest you could get to 'saving your powerlevel' which isn't going to happen.

Third Option: Choosing explosion types. Like in Counter-Strike where you can choose smoke graphics (2D sprite, crappy particles, decent particles) I think you should be able to choose what kind of explosion you want as a clientside option. You could have the 1.1 bubble, the current (sweet) 1.2 explosions, the current 1.2 explosions without smoke, a combination of the 1.2 and 1.1 explosions, and more found here: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=47653 so you can choose what your machine can handle but what looks good.

Who would use this? Anyone and everyone.

All of these are done through the clients options screen, or the server window respectivley.

If any of this isn't possible on the engine please tell me because I don't know it's limitations. :p

Best answers
I don't think you can have an option on the HL engine to choose how your explosions will look. That would probably have to be an add-on or a pack that comes with the installer.

About that setting PL it is a bad idea. It may be convienient but it would take away the "trying" part of the game. It would eventually get boring because taking away that challenge of getting enough PL to transform just bores the game.

The PL amounts are fine, they don't need any changes.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who would use this? Well, me and my friends would (I know thats not really an incentive) and anyone who wants ESF to be more true to the show, or to have a 3v1, balanced fight (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan VS Majin Buu or similar)
that is what im eying quite a cool idea

Best answers
I like the idea different people wan't different game modes, and visuals, and ure ideas suit gr8, I'll probably like the extra pl ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think you can have an option on the HL engine to choose how your explosions will look. That would probably have to be an add-on or a pack that comes with the installer.
You can change the sprites in the HL folder if you find a better explosion that you want to use instead, and you can choose your smoke type in CS, so with these two things in mind you should be able to choose explosion types in a similar fashion.

About that setting PL it is a bad idea. It may be convienient but it would take away the "trying" part of the game. It would eventually get boring because taking away that challenge of getting enough PL to transform just bores the game.
That's why it's an option and not a change, if you don't like it, you don't play with it. Personally I play ESF for frags, not a PL that gets reset after each round. It's down to personal preference, and if everyone can trans, then it's balanced and nobody can complain.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
if everyone can trans, then it's balanced and nobody can complain.
it eliminates the "struggle" and sense of accomplishment upon getting the power to trans.. but beside that the ESF team said no options 2 change PL

Best answers
Ravendust said:
You can change the sprites in the HL folder if you find a better explosion that you want to use instead, and you can choose your smoke type in CS, so with these two things in mind you should be able to choose explosion types in a similar fashion.

That's why it's an option and not a change, if you don't like it, you don't play with it. Personally I play ESF for frags, not a PL that gets reset after each round. It's down to personal preference, and if everyone can trans, then it's balanced and nobody can complain.
You think by making it a Option n00bs won't abuse it trying to gain an advantage over someone with more skill?

Like I said, ESF is balanced as it is, if you wan't more PL then learn to play better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it eliminates the "struggle" and sense of accomplishment upon getting the power to trans.. but beside that the ESF team said no options 2 change PL
I'm sorry, I forgot I was forcing you to play by my options, if you want the 'struggle' then u can choose to keep the powerlevels defaults, but if you want to play with trans (and therefore more moves and faster gameplay) then you have the option to. If a server has the option on then you don't play on it. And when the team said no options to change PL that was on a thread regarding a cvar to increase PL, this is an option defined at the start of the server and affects all players. If they said no options to effect PL regardless I want to know where and why they said it.

You think by making it a Option n00bs won't abuse it trying to gain an advantage over someone with more skill?
If it's a clientside option then it'll only affect the client, this is things like what you see in an explosion, it does not change the power or size of the explosion.

If it is a server option then the PL boost affects everyone and doesn't give the n00bs, or anyone, an advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom