'Smart' MP3 Player

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This idea may have been suggested before, unfortunatley I couldn't find any threads manually with this idea, and the search function doesn't allow searching for the word 'mp3'.

My idea is to be able to program set songs into set events. For instance, a character transforming, charging and firing a special attack, or being on critical health (less than 5).

You don't have to supply the mp3's, i've got loads of songs I know would fit a particular characters style. This means no wares or similar.

E.g When Trunks turns SSJ, play X.mp3 on repeat
When Goku is on critical health, play Y.mp3 on repeat
When Vegeta uses Final Flash, play Z.mp3 once

The songs can fade into each other to make the merges seem smooth and natural.

I don't know any programming languages but I understand how they work and function, and I reckon this would be possible without having to create a gargantuan amount of code, just a small amount with a user friendly GUI.

And of course if you like having random music playing whenever, you can just disable the smart mp3 player function via the console.

Best answers
I don't know how it should work, and if the ESF team has a sound xpert, but I fully agree to the idea. The music sets the way u feel (thats why wusic with a good beat ROCK in ESF). Yet I think this should be a choise b cause not all ppl will like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats cool, i actually thought there would be something like this when i first downloaded ESF to my dissapointment there wasnt but after about 8 and a half seconds my dissapointment went away from playing... :laff:

Best answers
very good idea... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Best answers
just replace ur sounds in ur ESF/SOUNDS folder with whatever sound u wanna hear

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What...did you even read the thread? It's about music at set events, certain things triggering the mp3 player to play a song set by the user, not replacing sounds, anybody can do that. And i'm not talking about the sounds, i'm talking about the music.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds great. But transformations already have sounds.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well music stops when transing anyways, just play song u want when u turn ssj and it plays after trans. Simple and easy.this would be set as an option if anything

Best answers
*sigh* you guys didnt even the read the post... this is about when someone is about die or using a very big move (Full KHH for goku or gohan) :\

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be annoying, having the song change when you fire an attack, or when you die.
Im happy with the huge playlist that I have now....

Best answers
Ravendust said:
What...did you even read the thread? It's about music at set events, certain things triggering the mp3 player to play a song set by the user, not replacing sounds, anybody can do that. And i'm not talking about the sounds, i'm talking about the music.
yes i read the thread -_- .

thats stupid considering you will have 2 diff kinds of music playing simotaniously

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 music wont play, he means that song will stop and another would play, shouldnt be when fireing music changes he said it would be an option, so ppl like MP that are happy with the big list of mp3s, just disable it.

Im not sure if im getting what he means, if not he will correct me

Best answers
Ive always thought it would be a cool idea. But really as MP said, it would be annoying.

In order of what will become annoying the most

1)
When Vegeta uses Final Flash, play Z.mp3 once
The music would change so frequently for an attack it would become the most annoying.
2)
When Goku is on critical health, play Y.mp3 on repeat
Although it wouldn't happen as much, you would begin to hate songs because your brain would recognise it as you losing :p
3)
E.g When Trunks turns SSJ, play X.mp3 on repeat
The least annoying. The song would get repetetitive still.

How about this instead... Binding songs to buttons, or playlists to buttons.

Example : Your playing esf and your getting angry, and you wanna hear your angry song! *pushes numpad 7 for his angry aggressive music*
Or your having a fast fight *pushes numpad 8 for his fast upbeat music*
This way you would have control over when you want to hear whatever song you have chosen as your [event mp3]

Ok it's starting to sound too bothersome now :\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but when you change the music, the music will the flow in so it's not instand other music.
there must be an on/off switch so you dont have the music when you exedently puched it.
i like the idea but with shuyin and my idea combind will the idea come out better, it's just for the best.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Shuyin I like your suggestion but it has some obvious flaws:

1. Next to all the buttons ESF takes up, you'd need 9 more

2. You'd be limited to 9 songs

3. You can basically do it through the built in mp3 player anyway

I admit that the music change per move would get annoying, but I think the critical health and trans music would be good (sticking to my guns) as long as they fade into each other (as soon as event starts, volume decreases on the first song and slowly increases on the second)

Music is probably the most atmospheric thing you can have in a game. The first time I started up ESF ever was 1.1 and The Faulty's Satellite came blaring on, and that instantly put me in the right mood for an explosive fighting game such as ESF. I've seen grown men quiver while playing Silent Hill 2 JUST due to music and shadow. I really think changeable music would set the mood, and if the mp3's were user defined then nobody can complain (especially with the option of turning the whole system off)

Niobe I apologise if any of my points were listed in your post but I didn't understand it :p

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think maybe shuyin meant that the numbers could be for different playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom