Did some #18 research

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was researching Android 18 a lot lately and thinking how she can be in this game and be balanced with the other characters. However, I do believe 18 is usually looked over by other games in terms of power and skill. So I figured her stats should be like this...

Android 18 Normal Form

Costume: Red Ribbon costume she first appears in.

Starting Power Level: 800,000
Max Health: 130
Max Speed: 190

Attacks
  • Melee
  • Generic Beam
  • Ki Blasts
  • Power Blitz - A powerful projectile attack with the same power, charge time, and blast radius as a Kamehameha. Pink Colored like in Budokai.
  • Energy Field - Chargeable temporary barrier. The longer the charge, the bigger the size when released. Anyone in range of the barrier is blown away and recieves some damage, about as much as a basic melee attack. The field also works as a shield against energy blasts and beams. Unlike Gohan's barrier though, this one only lasts a few seconds after being released.

Android 18 Transformed

Costume: Street clothes (the black vest, white shirt, and black pants, and necklace)

Transformation Power Level: 2,000,000
Transformation Power Level Multiplier: 2
Transformation Type: Permanent
Max Health: 160
Max Speed: 270

Attacks
  • Melee
  • Generic Beam
  • Ki Blasts
  • Power Blitz - A powerful projectile attack with the same power, charge time, and blast radius as a Kamehameha. Pink Colored like in Budokai.
  • Energy Field - Chargeable temporary barrier. The longer the charge, the bigger the size when released. Anyone in range of the barrier is blown away and recieves some damage, about as much as a basic melee attack. The field also works as a shield against energy blasts and beams. Unlike Gohan's barrier though, this one only lasts a few seconds after being released.
  • Destructo Disk - You all should know this one. Its no different from Krillin's.

So what do you all think? Are these stats for Android 18 fair? I figured with stats like these, she wouldn't be looked over as much as she is in other games.

Best answers
Its not bad, but for the transformation change the power multiplier to 1.5, most if not all non saiyans in ESF has that and wudnt make since for 18 to have it

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no she should have x2 coz she only gets one trans although since saiya-jn get x2 and then another 2 transes after that (in 1.3) i think that ppl that only trans once should have 2.5 or even 3 multiplyers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What set All the androids (except Cell and #13) apart from the Z fighters was that they were very powerful, but couldn't transform. I think the stats are good but she should be a little bit faster, so that she rules at the start of the match but then when people start transing (she doesn't get a trans) she'll actually be a bit below so it'll balance out. Also she should only use half energy because she doesn't have many attacks and none of them are particularly special, also it would keep in line with the show a bit more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
What set All the androids (except Cell and #13) apart from the Z fighters was that they were very powerful, but couldn't transform. I think the stats are good but she should be a little bit faster, so that she rules at the start of the match but then when people start transing (she doesn't get a trans) she'll actually be a bit below so it'll balance out. Also she should only use half energy because she doesn't have many attacks and none of them are particularly special, also it would keep in line with the show a bit more.
Yeah, but Krillin doesn't transform in the show either and he's got a transformation. I just thought 18 should have a transformation to keep her balanced, but have it be a perma-trans since its not a REAL transformation, like krillin. As for her attacks, she has enough attacks to be put in ESF. Power Blitz, Energy Field, and Destructo Disk should be just fine. The only way for her to be unbalanced is if her energy field did a ton of damage. Also, I think her speed is good as it is because:

1) She has a good amount of HP.
2) She's going to have a perma-trans with a power multiplier of 2, making her as strong as SSJ Vegeta when she transforms. Just not as fast.

Furthermore, if you remember, when in permatrans state, you lose PL more rapidly and regain it at a slower pace.

I'm leaving this up to the programmers, but I think this is a good way to keep her balanced AND be used more than in most other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom