Character Creation

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I my idea was helped by two games, Halo (PC) and Neverwinter Nights. It's not the best, but it is original.

In Halo on the PC you can make custom gametypes, where you decide everything from which vehicles and how many to include, whether you want to include outside elements like flags etc, and you end up with thousands of potential different gametypes, which you can run on your server and other players can join and experience without having to download anything.

My idea is a slight variation, in which you add another program with ESF that allows you to potentially create any character.

First you upload a custom model, then set up to four attacks (melee, ki blasts, genbeam/ball and senzu come as standard) and select sprites for them and how they work (e.g define whether it is a beam, ball, fingerbeam etc), then define speed, PL, HP etc. Then choose name and team and the rest of the details that make up a character and compile it into a custom character file (e.g Gogeta.ccf) which can then be run on your server as a player by anyone. You can also share and distribute the .ccf's you make and if you make a really good, balanced one it may even get included in an official release, who knows.

The obvious drawbacks are people making UberUltimaSynShenron.ccf, but even then it would only be playable on their server, and nobody would play on it. Also I think there should be a way of telling if a server allows custom content (a server option) or not before joining, in the same way that you can tell if a server has Friendly fire on or not before you join.

I think that if this gets included it would close about half the threads on the suggestions forum, as people could include each and every character they desired from the whole of DB/Z/GT and balance and play them as they wish. I also think that it would get more people interested in ESF's creative aspects like modelling and sprite drawing.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think much, much, much later in development. This wont happen for a long time, if something like this happened, because there's too much to work on in the meantime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fair enough, do you keep suggestions on file or just read through the forum when you need ideas? I get the feeling that much, much, much later in development, this thread will have died :(

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
It would be very unfortunate if this idea got forgotten as me and my brother have always thought that the ability to create a custom character without having to replace any models in ESF would be an excellent addition to the game. Sure, first i'd have to learn how to model, animate, skin, and all the other skills that go into making a model before i could make my own.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personaly ill stick to mapping anc learning how to code :D but i allmoast made a MUGEN char sadly never finished
but this would be great as a vay of customizing ESF whit out making aney damage to the fairness of the game on other servers besides it gets boring if your char is to strong and at round that time you stert to modify the chars weak points just to make the game exiting so i think this would start as a uberkill but would settle down in a fiew weaks

Best answers
Its impossible. I mean I know some of the games, you can choose your own character's hair style, cloth. For example.... Vegeta's body type wearing goku's uniform with trunk's hair. Maybe halflife 2 enginer could do that. I doubt half life engine will be able to do this.

Best answers
This would be great to add but only after there finished getting the whole DBZ part fulfilled.

If they were to do this then I would guess it wouldn't be implemented till the 2.X's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its impossible. I mean I know some of the games, you can choose your own character's hair style, cloth. For example.... Vegeta's body type wearing goku's uniform with trunk's hair. Maybe halflife 2 enginer could do that. I doubt half life engine will be able to do this.
...What? Are you saying the Half-Life engine can't support custom models?

The whole character creation GUI would be a program seperate from ESF that comes with one of the later versions. A much later version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom