dragon ball balancing suggestion

Best answers
just thought of this how about in 1.3 or 1.4 whenever the team decides to fix the db's they add in some physics to them so if they are gathred and a KHH or whatever is shot at them they seperate and possibly made so they have a certain ammount of health so they can be destroyed but respawn about 3mins after...this might be impossible to do on the hl engine but if it could it would make things abit more interesting :tired:

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Instead of giving the dragonballs the ability to be destroyed while being gathered, or already in one spot. Make it so when they are stone, they can be destroyed, and then the dragon can't be summoned for about 5 minutes. Because if I recall, in the show, the dragonballs were indestructible while in their active state.

Other than that, the idea is sound.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :no: (4/5)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of giving the balls physics (like the rocks) but not the idea of them being indestructable in either state because the only way the dragonballs can be destroyed is if whoever made them (Kami, Guru, Dende...) is killed. They sort of bounce a bit when thrown so if you could make them react like that to explosions then that would be cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could be great for countering wishes. Like lets say you see somone just gathered them, you dont have enough ki to swoop or tele, throw a gen ball blast and hope it makes it there in time, if it does, dragon dissapears and the wishers plan foiled.. :laff:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds interesting to be added would like to have it in

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry but.. you're joking right? It's hard enough as it is to gather all the dragonballs in one spot without someone stealing one or taking your wish while your looking for the last one. This just seems like a new way to lame instead of an actual way to build tactics.

Best answers
I've heard this idea before...i think Reptile came up with it in a ctdb thread.

As the game is now, if you made beams seperate the dragonballs it would be a spam-the-dragonballs-and-let-no-one-wish-mode.
If the game mode is made team based, then it would work since your team members would help you block the beams and defend the dragonballs.

What would also go nicely with this is better control in passing of the dragonballs.
It would be much better teamplay if you could throw the dragonballs accurately to a team mate over a distance..not to mention it would make it more challanging.

Of course for either idea to work ctdb needs to be team oriented otherwise :
Your Idea - People will make sure to scatter the dragonballs constantly.
My Idea - People will see no point in passing the dragonballs to a team mate.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the mode could work if it would be made like the longer your team holds on to the DB's the more points you get the points can be tpent on wishes like 1 point for evrey 3 seconds your team has all 7 DB's gatherd in one place and when the points reach 30 (just an example) evry one on that team gets a wish but tha PL add wish should be scaled down by half or to 1/4 of that what it it is now for balancing reasons

Best answers
what about if you made the db wishes have diff stats
power: instead of 1mil 3mil
Invincible: (dont know how long this orginally lasts for) but might make it a minute longer
Friendship: ......
there will probably be more wishes in 1.3 but if they were more powerfull it would be better if they were harder to collect

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Friendship could be +4 wish points instead of +2, seeing as nothing happens to help your team (until you win).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom