3 giant files

Best answers
Well i was seeing how much space i had left on my harddrive and i noticed it was dramtically lower than last i checked.So i was looking around and i found that in my esf \half-life\esf\maps\ folder theres 3 files that are really huge.

~GLH00de.TMP - 8.5gb
~GLH00df.TMP - 2.4gb
~GLH00e2.TMP - 2.6gb

Im not sure what these files do and i wasnt sure whether i should just delete them or not.Can someone tell me what these files are for?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they look like temporary files, you should be able to delete them safely.

Btw - 13.5mb isn't huge at all. As a matter of fact it's tiny - surely you can save more space by deleting your tempory internet files, removing any games you no longer use or simply sorting out all your stuff?

Best answers
He probobly thot that that was your mistake wrighing gb... But yeah DELET THEM TO HELL!!!!
(Oh no I sayd hell now il will be baned from ... :D )

Best answers
Yah unfortunately its gigabytes not megabytes,otherwise i wouldnt have even bothered posting.

Thanks though,ill delete them.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah if they are a .tmp oviously it means temporary. so deleting them wont be a problem. Also, one thing that Orion didnt mention. If you have room you could also install another chip to double your memory. Not that expensive either depending wher eyou buy it

Best answers
You might want to scan for spyware on your comp, its likely that those might have created that files

Best answers
Interesting,spyware,i never thought of that.Ill do that.

As for buying more ram,i already have a gig,that wasnt my issue.Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom