They shouldn't

Best answers
The should not have closed WON cause playing esf was the biggest thing I've wanted to do for a long time.Got a new pc and everything and now I see that my half-life cd key is in use.I have the real cd.Now I can't play it.There is nothing i can do.Mailing Valve won't help me cause I don't have a receipt of Half-life which i bought like 2 or 3 years ago.Why did they shut down Won? ;(

Best answers
Well i dont like it to i play esf on lan ... nothing more i can do.. The same thing..
By the way if won is closed then how come i can play cs over internt..
Did Esf teem Do this on purpes and shut down won... Are they geting played from ...steem creators for spreding steem and forsing fan play (Not to get to play like me) Esf on steem
Ups got a bit caired away....
Any way this makes sence if you cant explaine why does cs still work with won...
So plz awnser....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf are you talking about Ashur o_O?

Best answers
ok ok sry for my english i am a russina .. now.. >
Yes yes i know how you feel i alsow cant play becous cd key in use.. I just play on lan...
So my question is if won is closed then why can i play CS on the internet???? If you cant explaine this than this is wath I will think for the rest of my life...
Esf teem got an ofer of money from the creators of steem to make ESF steem only....
And this forcing fans using steem is unfair and.....
But you can give me at least 1 good explenationwhy cs still work on the internet than this theory wont be vallied...
Hope you got what I said...:p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry lol. I wasnt trying to be rude ^^. I didnt realize CS could still be played on WON. Why would Valve pay the esf team to make it steam only? I dont quite understand the logic there.

Best answers
1 your werent rude some poeple are rude who say something LEARN ****ing english... :D
2 That was just a bizare awnser why esf works only on steem..
3 I dont belive it mutch it was mutch of a joke but still
WHY CAN YOU PLAY CS ON WON AND CANT PLAY ESF ON WON??? hmmm????

Edited: I dont want to post again so ... :D any way i want a normal awnser..... :p

*Swear filter evaded: Warning*
-Deverz

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause ESF is too cool for school.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have the same problem, it's a mistake to take won down.
it's like taking an monument down just becours there is something better, it doesn't make sence.
and to answer ashur, i dont have a cluw, it's maybe using an other network like the one of quake 2.

Best answers
I can't even play tfc....I feened to play underworld now i can't......I hate won being gone......They should have kept it or make steam generate on other things except cd keys.Every hacker with a generartor can do what they want while i am forced to get a new half-life and there even isn't a 100% guarantee that the cd key for that one isn't used.....So angry;(

Best answers
Killer-KROME said:
The should not have closed WON cause playing esf was the biggest thing I've wanted to do for a long time.Got a new pc and everything and now I see that my half-life cd key is in use.I have the real cd.Now I can't play it.There is nothing i can do.Mailing Valve won't help me cause I don't have a receipt of Half-life which i bought like 2 or 3 years ago.Why did they shut down Won? ;(
Suggestion. Buy the damn game. Or don't give your cd key out. (Afterall russians are gods at cracking cd keys >_>)

Or lastly, get a damn job and pay 10 bucks for a new hl key. And yea learn to spell steam and type.... You people really need to give steam a try on a FRESH INSTALL OF WINDOWS XP WITHOUT ALL YOUR SPYWARE/VIRUSES. Trust me, it will work 100%.

Steam = good. They did fix all their buges.

Best answers
WON was owned by Sierra, and VALVe is no longer part of Sierra. So Sierra isn't allowing VALVe products to connect to WON. And thats why they made STEAM, basically.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone who complains their cd key is in use but doesnt go to steam support and get them to fix the problem obviously does not have a valid key other wise they would just go to steam support and get it fixed in no time

Best answers
Hibiki said:
anyone who complains their cd key is in use but doesnt go to steam support and get them to fix the problem obviously does not have a valid key other wise they would just go to steam support and get it fixed in no time
So true. I bought Half-Life, and it said that the key was in use. I took a picture of the key, a picture of the reciept, and a picture of the disk, and e-mailed them to the ppl at Vivendi, and I got a new key in 3 days. The only ppl I could see complaining about steam that actually bought the game are the 56k'ers. *shivers*

Best answers
Killer-KROME said:
I can't even play tfc....I feened to play underworld now i can't......I hate won being gone......They should have kept it or make steam generate on other things except cd keys.Every hacker with a generartor can do what they want while i am forced to get a new half-life and there even isn't a 100% guarantee that the cd key for that one isn't used.....So angry;(

...half-life ran the sameway guy...so hackers could do the same thing on W0N

Best answers
So true. I bought Half-Life, and it said that the key was in use. I took a picture of the key, a picture of the reciept, and a picture of the disk, and e-mailed them to the ppl at Vivendi, and I got a new key in 3 days. The only ppl I could see complaining about steam that actually bought the game are the 56k'ers. *shivers*

That is all it took?
I was *****in cause i don't have a reciept.....think that would make a diffrence i have had the real game for like 2 years

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your key isn't legit that's a darn shame and there's nothing you can do about it. Go buy a copy. As for won, it's been down for a while, and if you haven't gotten over it yet, do so soon.

This thread is about something that already occured a good while back, and is in the wrong section to begin with, so I'll go ahead and close it. If you really need to vent more about Steam you can create an off topic thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom