Swooping Idea

Best answers
I was playing in a map with water, and when I was above the water and I was charging energy, the water did some small waves. I think that its happen when transforming too.
So, then i was thinking, whay wont this:

will happen when swooping over water when you got full or almost full ki?
Ive also thinking, maybe when transforming over the land rock, not stones, go up on the air, very big ones, and when finish trans, the will go back to their place.
And when trsforming over water, water will cover you up (on the strong forms, ssj2/3/majin).
C&C are welcome.
Id loved to hear your opinion!

Best answers
ITs goinf to lag up computers and mostly the servers will lag like hell.

This is hl, not doom3 :)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Texas said:
ITs goinf to lag up computers and mostly the servers will lag like hell.

This is hl, not doom3 :)

thats possible with the hl engine too

Best answers
That doesnt mean that it will be done, it will lag up esf a lot, especially online.

Its alggy enough as it is, we dont need more ;)

Best answers
It would be a nice visual effect, but as said before... it would just probably make the game laggier!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Psydoman said:
thats possible with the hl engine too
It's possible, but it would probably have us restricted to a 1 Vs. 1 game only, due to the intensive fx. And I rather play on a server that has more then 2 players on it.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was implemented in 1.0 and 1.1. I dont know why it was taken out, probably because it made people loose fps dramatically, most of these people not knowing how to turn it off.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not just implement it again, but have it off by default. I assume the esf team still has all the sprites and code for it.

Best answers
Why do you alla want it anyway? I dont assume that while playing you'll stand admiring the nice graphical effects.

So get over it.

(btw this should be in suggestions forum)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*looks around* whats this doing here?

On Topic: ESF just isnt optimized, I mean this is half life, i can run half life with 60 FPS but ESF i can only run itat 3-15 FPS, its not all these visual things, its just that all the textues used are way to high detail, i noticed when ppl make custom models everyone says things like "that cut isnt real enough, looks like smudges." Thats how it should be! this isnt Unreal Tournament 2k4. Textures should lower in detail a bit and frames would be alot better. If not then have 2 textures and an option for hi res and low res.

If this isnt the main problem then theres just something wrong with coding or something, because the way i see it this game should not run slow with these little visual effects...

Now out daded computers would run slow and they would complain, but ppl need to get with the current times. Upgrade your computer.

Best answers
Now out daded computers would run slow and they would complain, but ppl need to get with the current times. Upgrade your computer.
Not everyone can have the money, so dont sound so definate :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
Why do you alla want it anyway? I dont assume that while playing you'll stand admiring the nice graphical effects.

So get over it.

(btw this should be in suggestions forum)
That's such a retarded and ignorant outlook. You have to design games with the future in mind, not the past. And just because you want a little detail or nice effect in a game doesn't mean you want it in, just so you can stare at it.

Should Kamehamehas be a crappy little moving blue Square? Oh, because if they look better, people will sit there looking at them all day! WEE!

(btw, you're not a moderator)

Best answers
That's such a retarded and ignorant outlook.
Look who's talkin.

You have to design games with the future in mind, not the past.
Thats precisely why this is on the hl1 engine.

And just because you want a little detail or nice effect in a game doesn't mean you want it in, just so you can stare at it.
So what's the other purpose? To eat fps?
(and thats not a little detail either)

Should Kamehamehas be a crappy little moving blue Square? Oh, because if they look better, people will sit there looking at them all day! WEE!
A simple exageration might look nice, but thats lame.

Conclusion: Don't be so arrogant.

Oh, and i forgot:
(btw, you're not a moderator)
Its doent take a moderator to realize this should be posted at the suggestions forum.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.......OK, time for me to step in.

1. Yes, suggestions.

2. Keep your little disagreement to yourselves. I don't wanna become a Nazi mod again and lash out at every infraction of the rules.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just like hybrid said, put it back in default off. Then the people with slow computers won't have it on, and it wont effect them, and those that want it on, can change it themselves. I thought it was a cool effect, just loved seeing that water surround the player as he was swooping towards you. Made the fights look really cool.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
Look who's talkin.
Thats precisely why this is on the hl1 engine.

So what's the other purpose? To eat fps?
(and thats not a little detail either)

A simple exageration might look nice, but thats lame.

Conclusion: Don't be so arrogant.

Oh, and i forgot:

Its doent take a moderator to realize this should be posted at the suggestions forum.
Look who is talking? You, which is why I made my post regarding your ignorant rant, and you've made another in response to my criticism. Wee.

Of course, the purpose of adding special effects isn't to "eat fps," as you so colorfully put it. The purpose of adding special effects is to make the gaming experience more immersive, more realistic to the show, and to impress people who watch others play a game, into drawing them into the game.

So you're saying, you oppose better graphics in any game because "some people's computers might not be able to handle it"? That's moronic.
Everybody knows the Half-Life engine has limitations, and nobody was questioning them.

It's a fact of life that computers get more sophistocated as more time goes on, and updating the graphics and functionality of games with them is also part of that process.

You're right, though. It doesn't take a moderator to realize this should be put in Suggestions, and though, it's not your responsibility or even your right to point it out, is it?

Look at your posts throughout this thread, they've been filled with ignorance.

"ITs goinf to lag up computers and mostly the servers will lag like hell.

This is hl, not doom3." Gross spelling errors aside, trying to create ESF under Doom3 would require a computer far beyond what anyone on this forum could handle. The Doom3 engine is only able to be run on many people's computers because it's levels are short, enclosed areas with walls constantly around you. ESF is a gigantic, wide-opened arena in which your video card's GPU is forced to constantly render--it never gets a break, which is why ESF, as opposed to Half-Life on which it is based, requires so high a video setup in comparison, in order to run well.

In any case, there's no reason not to add default off, optional additions to the game, for those whose computers support them.

Conclusion: Know what you're talking about before you decide to post incoherent material and grammar/spelling mistake ridden posts. They are your representation on this forum.

Bottom line--this addition is interesting and should be considered.

Best answers
First of all, there arent only americans in these forums. And no-one is obliged to learn english correctly. Your lack of serious points "forces" you to transfer the discussion from its original puropse to a "go learn some ****ing english you ignorant son of a *****" thread. As for the "ignorant rant" view of yours, i believe you observed that i actually did some constructive posts in here, backing them up with facts (exept for one i shall say), whilst someone else contributed 2 bashing posts.
As for the suggestions part, that was a simple observation.(since when are you a moderator to tell ppl what their responsibilities and their rights are).

So you're saying, you oppose better graphics in any game because "some people's computers might not be able to handle it"? That's moronic.
Keep your halusinations to yourself. I said that this is going to lag up most peoples computers, especially during online game.
I might not be an english proffesor, but last time i checked "lag up" doesn't mean "not being able to handle".

And dispose of the continious bashing shall you (anyways, since when bashing is considered as "constructive criticism" :rolleyes: ) . After all, They are your representation on this forum.

Bottom line--this addition is interesting and should be considered, but i dont like it and i oppose to the idea. It's my right.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know you both have different views on the matter, but this really isnt the place to discuss it the way you two are. Can we stop the arguement? It could go on forever and I really dont want to end up closing this thread.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Phatslugga, That effect was awsome. it was cl_dusttrails 0/1 Swooping low to the ground and dirt particles would fly on either side of you. and water would do the same. it was awsome. great for knowing if your already fighting someone and they are swooping at you. Not great for fps tho. they dropped mine. So if the server got to big what did i do? i just turned them off. big deal.

You want them on?: Cl_dusttrail 1

You want them off?: Cl_dusttrail 0

Best answers
The problem is that hardly anyone knows how to turn them of, and thats why i suppose it was removed in the first place, because ppl started whining bout it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom