Hidden Combos.

Best answers
I HATE them.

Why? Because on numerous occasions, i have lost to people simply because they know the combos. I had higher pl, higher health, and he still won, becuase all the arrows show up random, only one has to connect, and he can chain them one after the other over and over and over.

Imo, one of three things should happen:

1. Make combos public.
This wouldnt solve the problem, but it would at least level the playing field to simply a matter of skill.

2. Make the majority of the arrows have to connect.
They already show up mostly as all randoms, so it's quite impossible to block them all. Its pretty much garaunteed to hit.

3. Make it so you have to build up a special meter. (like tony hawk)
That way the move cant be whored as much. everytime i fought this guy it was the same damn combo.

I personally have other things to do than play this game obsessivly just to figure out the combos. On top of that, it would just put someone else in the very same position that i hated.

Imo, this is a bigger annoyance than beam spam. In my ideal next version, there would be several combos that are public knowldge, and 2 that are hidden special finisher moves. the finisher could only connect if the majority hit, and the oppenent is under say 20 hp.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are only 2 combos in-game right now...so I'm not sure why it's such a big deal. Not only that, but the team released two videos displaying what they look like AND if you watch them closely enough you can figure out how to do them.

So I hardly call them secret.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i try'd that, looking at the video.
it' doesn't work, it just doesn't.
i like the special meter, it lowers the melee spammers a lot that way.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The clips show what directions you need to input to pull off the combos o_O.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Leaving the combos private, and having people have to figure them out really makes this game one-sided when in terms of advanced meleeing. The idea of a special meter would actually balance out the combos, and the spamming of them. And yes, it is true that 60% of the time, pretty much every arrow appears as a random, and it becomes almost impossible to even counter the combo, because unless you know the combos, and also know which one they are using, you can counter it, but for the people that don't know them, they get screwed over every time. And looking for the combos in those videos was alittle difficult, considering the quality of the videos. So basically the combos should be made public, a special meter be implemented to prevent spamming of the combos, and pretty much make it so it's harder to perform the combo, unlike how it is now.

Best answers
Evil_Trunks said:
There are only 2 combos in-game right now...so I'm not sure why it's such a big deal. Not only that, but the team released two videos displaying what they look like AND if you watch them closely enough you can figure out how to do them.

So I hardly call them secret.

As i said in my first post, figuring out the combos doesn't solve the problem. The problem is the mass whorage these hidden combos present, much moreso than beams. They offset the playing field, essentially making these combos more of an exploit that players can depend on to win fights.

I am in no way against the inclusion of combos, but somethign needs to be done to prevent them from becoming an easily whored crutch.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the combos do take the skill out of the game almost constantly if i have to block them half the time i just have to block the same combos its just ridiculous and not only that most just do ONLY the combos not even trying to actually fight

Best answers
all u need is experience..
i mean the combos are easy to pull when u know them
and even easyer to block

its very easy to win against combo hores
u just know what will be thier next move............

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and it's also easy to spam, esf is already becomming an meleespam game so wy make it worser.

Best answers
shay said:
and even easyer to block

That's all provided that you know the combos in the first place.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally Posted by shay
and even easyer to block

exactly and eventually youll see paterns in the melee and if you make your own server and put bots on with really good melee then let them own you a bit and look at what they are doing...

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't wanna sound like a noob but what are you all talking about? What video? and what special combo's. Can someone post a link to this video or explain it please?

Best answers
your suggestions are sad... and the videos do help just hit pause with winamp and write down the movements. i've gotten both combos from the vids. and chain combos are only effective if u struggle, so dont it ends the first combo fast and allows u to get out of it.

to chain combo all u need to do is the first combo and hold mouse1 and make sure none of your attacks go out of the default yellow normal fast attacks. if they go in red then u will power punch the enemy and end your chance for a chain combo.

if your a big noob just use frieza and lazer finger spam, u get them in a melee lock and hit left or right and allow it to get red then if it connects u will punch them making them fly back thus allowing u to gain ki for more teleport spam and swoops also if u hit 4 really quick and mouse2 u can spam lazer at them while they fly back and kill em pretty easily :p

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your suggestions are sad
so are you...

if your a big noob just use frieza and lazer finger spam
Who the hell are you to call anyone a noob, that was offencive.Im a loyal freiza user and if you get lasered your quite obviously the noob that cant teleport. And also its one of freizas 2 sig attacks in his first form what the hell do you expect us to use...?

(rox on freeza, ill show you all in 1.3)

And the combos arn't that hard to figure out, I found them out the hard way...

Best answers
king vegeta,

i wasnt talking about regular combos i was talking about chain link combos where u do like 5 combos in one melee lock.

plus frieza is for noobs because u can teleport charge ki lazer finger spam teleport in bounce opponent back then lazer finger spam some more then melee combo fling back and lazer finger spam some more. it is not hard to teleport away from the finger but it forces enemy to lose ki by teleporting more then he would vs oh say um a diff character.

very easy to go near 50-0 with frieza compared to the other classes. he is for noobs and intermediates big time.

his first form attacks are sad he doesnt have anything good nor does he have anything in form2. death bomb is like spirit bomb but charges faster (woopty doo). and his disc is nice but misses 24-7 vs smart players (woopty doo). giving him a fast firing finger is his only DEFENSE and was ment for DEFENSE, but people are using it as an OFFENSE... all because their to noob to use melee. quite sad.

Best answers
VuLLs, had you actually taken the time to completely read this thread, you would have seen this:

Shogi said:
As i said in my first post, figuring out the combos doesn't solve the problem. The problem is the mass whorage these hidden combos present, much moreso than beams. They offset the playing field, essentially making these combos more of an exploit that players can depend on to win fights.
So please, take the time to read, and stay on topic, or get out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that was just pointless

but one thing that was kinda important and i think is just ridiculously boring is: lets say i just shot off a kamehameha wave at full power all of a sudden some dude charges me from behind and locks me into advanced melee he does three combos on me i block them all but then we get out i have no energy and he charges me again doin the same thing normally id be able to kick him around no problem just teleport out of the way and charge but with no energy left your forced to go through until he has to powerup again i dont mind this im pretty much im an expert in this game at getting out of sticky situations but i just find this really boring and pointless

Best answers
ya frieza lazer spam forces you to teleport more then you would usually vs a diff char. thus u run out of ki and then they get u in a advance melee lock and do 5 combos on you. then they do it again and again and when they need ki they just double prepunch u into a wall and while your flying back they charge ki go turbo and shoot more lazers or ki blobs at ya. the only thing u can do is teleport all over the place charge ki and swoop around making them bored and eventually leaving the server because they cant catch you and your not trying to catch them just avoid :p rofl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh secret?err actually the combos were the first thing i found out.
as a lot of guys said watching the movies helps adn well if im right you can also find them somehow on the net or ask a u´buddy in msn or something like this . they are really not that hard.
or hust try to analyse the combos when someone is spamming with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom