Okay, here we go.

Best answers
I just played online and I can pretty much state that this game.. is just in horrid condition, it's a truely nice effort though.

I like the models, the model animations are totally great, the models themselves are perfect.

I like the melee sequence, but it's extremely hard to pick up for someone who just jumped into the game ( like i just did. )

There are just too many things that need to be tweaked.

Melee is over spammed. ( for lack of a better gaming term. )

There are just some things that are just pointless in the game, while that's really not totally important.. it jsut takes away from the complete playability, and balance of the game.

There are things I like, and some things I don't like.. but as of right now I really can't say I want to play this game. I'm not being idiotic or stupid, I just want to let you guys know that I couldn't pick up this game and play it. I liked the DB series, and I love the half-life engine, but this isn't that great of a job combining the two.

If you are saying, "Well, you couldn't do a better job." No, I probably couldn't, I don't know much higher level programming.

All in all, I say good job.. but fix, Melee, some of the attacks, change how you double tap a movement button to move, ( sometimes i would try and side strafe out of someones melee range so i wouldnt get hit, but it was too slow if they are going forward. )

Best answers
I agree that the game isnt in the best condition, and some things in it have flaws, but I think you should play it for a bit longer before you judge it like that...oh and what things do you think are pointless?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't help but notice this is ure first post, this is a suggestion forum and despite complaining about how ESF has flaws, you haven't actually suggested a damn thing to make it better.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its really hard for new people to get used to the melee system. People were complaining that 1.0 and 1.1's melee was too wasy, and too simple, and it was. So the team decided to completly revamp the whole system, and it has become what you see it as now. Its 100% better than what it used to be. (a swoop and hit system)
Ive run into so many people who feel the way you do, simply because they cant get it.
ESF is also still in its beta stages, there are things that havent gotten fixed or implemented in yet. The melee system as you see it now, will only get more indepth. More things will be added in and different factors will be calculated in to bring about different results in melee.
Keep playing it though, youll eventually pick up on it like everyone else has. When 1.2 released everyone was a noob at it, and Im sure ouve seen how good some people are. Dont give up on it just yet.:]

Im moving this to ESF Chat though. Its not a suggestion, but rather your opinion about the mod itself.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first time I played esf, I felt the same way. You just have to get use to the game to like it I guess.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like MP said understand it's in its beta stages. It will have bugs, it will need tweaks. It will need a lot of work to complete this to their full satisfactory. But New People such as yourselves just have to play and practice.

My best suggestion to you (and everyone will tell you this as well) is read the manual a few times to get the understanding of it. And then go and practice on some bots. Then go out in the real world and fight players. It's what I did. and i think im a pretty decent fighter...

My sig has the manual in it. take a look.

Once you get better at this game you will think differently. I hated 1.2 and 1.2.1 but as time went on i started liking it more. Just give it a chance

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another ungrateful, self-righteous self-assumed mod expert. Welcome to the boards.

I have three suggestions:

1.) Learn to play before you decide the gameplay is a total loss
2.) if you had read the manual (which clearly you don't seem to have done, because your just another HL mod grabass and you think they're all point click and win), you would see that with knockback, with being slammed into the walls, and with block breaking, you can use all of the attacks to plentiful effect.
3.) Don't complain about the melee, as that is 90 percent of what happens in DBZ. There are a grand total of under like 12-15 kame's in the whole series...only three gallit guns...two or three BBA's...like, ONE final flash...what are they doing the rest of the time? Fighting.

And finally...if you think this game is a terrible job, don't play it. In fact, go try the others first, and then tell me how "horrible" this marriage of the half-life engine and the DBZ series is.

I'm sure everyone really appreciates you taking the time to come all the way over here and register on the board just to inform us how crappy the game is. I mean, clearly, we were lacking in understanding of what an awful job this half-assed mod really is. I mean, the way the forum has more members than ever, the way it was number one over and over again at modDB, the way we have a fairly larger than ever player base now...yeah, clearly this mod is terrible and needs a lot of work.

Thank you for showing me the light.

Best answers
one true thing that u said is that melee is hard for people who are new to this game, yes its hard... but it doesnt mean u will always suck at it, practice is needed.
I still aint too good at melee, but I learned that if I time myself right I can combine some basic melee with some ki blobs and I dont have to stay close to the opponent.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the way it was number one over and over again at modDB
That reminds we. Why did esf get taken out of moddb?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was taken out because a button was misplaced when the site was redesigned. Without the moddb button, we don't rack up hits on their site.

Saying there are "too many things to be tweaked" and that "there are some things that are pointless" and "there are some things I don't like" says a very large amount of nothing. The only thing you said that held any weight was "Melee is overspammed," and if you would proceed to the newbie section of the forums I think you'd find that argument occurs quite often for new people. Give it a bit more time, or just come back for 1.3, which should add some complexity and spiffy new features.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't pick up just any game and expect to know what you're doing. Did you make sure to read the manual first? The manual will tell you exactly what you need to do, and then all you need to do, is get comfortable doing it in the game. Even then you're not going to be that great, but practice makes perfect, that goes for every game.

Best answers
Anyway, i dont even think he's coming back here so i wont start ranting :]

(He thinks ESF is like CS where you jump arround shooting ppl):D

Best answers
Is this a constructive crit or a complaint ? On the one hand u say u like the models animations whatever , on the other hand u say too many things need to be tweaked , if u like the game , play it , dont like it dont play it , if your having a hard time playing it on the net practice on some strats against bots or something , i wish u gl in whatever u do, but to be honest im sick of all those " How lame 1.2 is "

Best answers
Whining is pointless... why do you do it?, btw It's called "suggestions" for a reason... read it and weep

Best answers
welcome aboard sera...as u can see there are a lotta 1.2 fanboys that like to flame anyone with an opinion other than "OMGZOR 1.2 IS THE BOMB YO!!" and not get in trouble for it...just ignore those ppl as they have one opinion and one opinion only...now...as for what uve said...there are tons of ppl that feel the same way u do...but do remember as many ppl have said...this isnt your typical hl mod...its not just point and shoot...there are so many things u have to think about and keep track of at once that its not easy at first....ull get it...just keep playing and eventually ull get the hang of it...

Best answers
This entire thread is one big Flame Magnet , What did u expect ? , Coming here like your the saviour of free speech or something , Live and let live , Most people are aware of all the flaws that 1.2 has , yes , its true , You dont have to say "OMGZOR 1.2 is the bomb yo !" but u can at least have the minimum amount of respect for the team and for the rest of the forum memebers

Best answers
im not trying to act like the savior of anything...if i came across like that it wasnt my intention...i was just letting him know to be careful of what he says...because there are certain ppl here that will jump him for not liking the game...and its not worth trying point out what is wrong with the game because either

1.) its been said b4 and wont be worked on (certain extra characters)
2.) its been said b4 and its being worked on
3.) you suggest something original and if one person doesnt like it it gets flamed to hell and closed..

Best answers
Or if you suggest the best Suggestion possible no one bothers looking at the thread. Because 1. A whole bunch of other noobs post suggestion threads, and mask yours by sending it down the Thread line because everyone, and there mother has a suggestion that has been suggested a million times over.

Best answers
Listen , you came across like somebody who belives he is above those crazy fanatic 1.2 fanboys , whatever that means , it seems like u wanted to join seraphim to your "Im not a crazy 1.2 fanboy and my opinion is different " club , Where u get free drinks and some happy meals once in a while , Having an opinion is acceptable by everyone , but when u try to make your opinion stand out , lets say Telling somebody who opens a thread about the ups and downs of 1.2 , telling him that he shouldnt listen to all those crazy 1.2 people , u make it sounds like You and many "other people " have your own opinions , and its good , and u can express them , but making every1 who likes 1.2 more then avarage are fanboys who like to flame , that's just unpleasent , im not trying to flame u or something , its just the way u came across to me

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
welcome aboard sera...as u can see there are a lotta 1.2 fanboys that like to flame anyone with an opinion other than "OMGZOR 1.2 IS THE BOMB YO!!" and not get in trouble for it...just ignore those ppl as they have one opinion and one opinion only...
Just because we don't agree with him doesn't mean we're fanboys. Don't turn this into that. We criticize him mostly because his post had no content. If I walked into your mod and said "Your mod isn't fun. It needs a lot of tweaks" and didn't explain anything you probably wouldn't appreciate my opinion either, but that wouldn't make you a fanboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom