Blood Colours

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a really simple suggestion but how about changing the blood colours so they match the characters?

Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks and Frieza's are all fine

Piccolo's is purple
Cell's is the same colour as headcrab blood (so you can just use that)
Buu didn't bleed so his should be transparent

Like I said, real simple.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats actually a really good suggestion two thumbs up!!

Although isn't frieza's blood purple too?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah its red, but youd expect purple...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually i'm not sure, when he was sliced by his own discs there was red blood but during the fight he had purple scratches on his body so i'd suggest dark red, but seeing as the default blood is dark red anyway I just left it as it is on the list.

Oh yeah and seeing as android 18 didn't bleed I think the same applies to her as buu (transparent/no blood, for 1.3)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Actually i'm not sure, when he was sliced by his own discs there was red blood but during the fight he had purple scratches on his body so i'd suggest dark red, but seeing as the default blood is dark red anyway I just left it as it is on the list.
Yeah thats what I was thinking, also when he bleeds from his mouth its the same colour as piccolo, I think the animators weren't sure either lol :confused:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
All this is is eye candy. It doesnt really improve on the gameplay in any way. So all you really have to do is wait to see if the team feels like adding that to the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but eye-candy as you call it, adds to the feel and overall atmosphere to the game. If visuals weren't important we'd still be playing space invaders.

Best answers
It isnt all that grand to put it in the game anyway. It adds to the realism. After all, would you like to see blood of aliens in AvP games to be red? Or human's blood to be blue? Its the same matter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I can't imagine it would take longer than 10 minutes to implement, the game engine recognises what blood decal to use depending on who was shot, so shooting a headcrab throws out pale yellow blood, while shooting a grunt causes red blood.

So if you just code it into ESF so that each character has an individual blood decal rather than having them all share one then all you need to do is change the one blood decal to four (red, pale yellow [currently existing] and purple and nothing) which take a few seconds in photoshop (I could even do it) then it's done.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they nead to make some other entity's to if they are going to make it happen, so you can put an self made namek in your map and let him bleed purple.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think there are any plans to make NPC's like random nameks, thats a different thread, but this one is about character blood, and it is not hard to apply a different colour filter to the existing decal to change it's colour, I just need for the team to change the system so that each character uses a different decal rather than all sharing the same one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't even have to make a special decal or graphic; it's just a matter of changing a byte that references a color from the Half-Life palette. There isn't an expansive range of colors to choose from, but there's more than just the red and yellow seen in Half-Life.
It's a quick and easy thing to do, I don't doubt it'll be implemented eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom