playing esf without steam

Best answers
is there any way i can play esf with my friend if he doesnt have or want steam?

Best answers
hahah,

no u need steam for 1.2.1 of esf... and guess what u may not want steam but u will eventually have to get it... valve is shutting down all WON servers so say good bye to cs 1.0 through 1.5 users.

cs 1.5 will be hosted on steam too without being changed so do not worry. steam is taking over :p

Best answers
Do you need steam to play 1.2.?
I have big problem because i can't download the 1.2.1 full my modems to slow. ;/ :scared:

Best answers
heh modem... if ur on a 56k do the gamers community a favor and do not play online because u will just lag every one and most likely not be able to kill a single thing with your lag.

ya steam is needed for 1.2 through 1.3 and so on. 1.2.1 is good but if u do not want to crash to desktop use first person view.

Best answers
I need to get 1.2 but it to slow to download it will take me one whole week. :talk:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well esf worlds dl thing isnt completely up yet so it sucks at the moment id just google "esf beta 1.2" chances are youll find a site with that directly on it

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can play esf without steam, not online though just on LAN. Also if your using a modem it might be handy to use the Lite version of 1.2(saves ~100mb).

Best answers
Also, if you think that you might be disconnected before completion, you might want to think about getting GetRight, it's a download manager, I used it when I was on dialup, and it saved a lot of greif, it allows you to resume files.

And if you have or use Firefox, I believe that supports resuming files as well.

Best answers
Me said:
You can play esf without steam, not online though just on LAN. Also if your using a modem it might be handy to use the Lite version of 1.2(saves ~100mb).

How can you esf in LAN because when I double click the esf-shortcut it starts the steam??? Do I have to register in steam to play in LAN without steam??? I'm getting desperade because this game so very good but I can't get it to work. :cry: :cry:

Best answers
i did like this: install 1.1 and then i put the esf folder from 1.2 zipfile into halflife( where the esf folder should be ) and it'll work... i don't need to play online anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom