character balance

Best answers
heres a few suggestions that are my opinion, and not to be taken to heart and/or flamed by people that dislike change, for change is always a better thing in life...

im currently playing 1.2.1 patch and...

first off the lazer eye of piccolo and the lazer finger of frieza need to be redone... they are spam and becoming lame/annoying, make their cooldown to casting them longer so that they will no longer be imbalanced and overpowered.

buu and cell cannot/and should not use sensu beans, therefor, should have alternate "faster" ways of gaining health, cell using his tail to gain health like 5 digits of health per 15 seconds in a melee lock would be nice n kool to see/experience.

buu regeneration is currently 1 health per 5 ki points and is to slow, now i know he has candy effect but that can take some time to get, plus the range needs to be close to get them to be candy, which is hard considering most (smart) people teleport spam. (increase the range of candy beam perhaps)

is it me or is goku the only one that can charge a beam up and use teleport while in ssj form? kinda unfair for other users aka vegeta that cant move when he is summoning his bigger beams in ssj form. if not a teleport at least allow the other users to float move while summoning beams.

the disc for both frieza and krillian need to be redone alittle perhaps allowing them to angle and have a boomerang effect to kill teleporter/melee-ers,

in the frieza saga u see frieza use his disc as a homing device and there were 2 disc... not one. perhaps this could be implimented in future patches.

combos... hmm perhaps more and the damage redone to like 5 -25 damage instead of 3 and 1... takes to long to kill sensu bean users, heh.

i heard that more transformations are coming... but not ssj3 or 4... since this is dbz not gt or that new one that they just came out with that makes gohan the last surviver and goes ssj4... but i forgot the name of those sagas it was like some strange jap word... anywho, if not ssj3/4 then make a ssj2 the only diff is longer hair and more power level for the "perfect form".

for server users make a command to where u can set the ki and cf levels, so people can limit ki or make them and buddies automatically have transformation ability.

could limit teleports to 5-15 in a time based limit cooldown before they can cast again. this will alow "catching the opponent". now i dont care for this but im just stating it because i am getting tired of hearing people whine on mic about "i cant catch him" or typing "omfg your *** all u do is run away with teleport and fly kick me so i cant beam you waah waah"...

so for the purpose of a somewhat balance perhaps this could be put in.

well i've typed enough for now and know some of these suggestions are kick ass and some are not as good but what ever just my opinionated suggestions ;)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right about change, it is neccessary sometimes, but some of your ideas are unclear and/or incorrect.

Buu can't use sensu beans but Cell can and should. Goku handed Cell a sensu bean before his fight with Gohan so if we're going by accuracy then it should be included.

Candy attack is a pretty deadly move if you can use it properly, increasing the range only makes Buu an unfair character.

I'm pretty sure you can't charge teleport with any character. The reason why some characters are unable to move whilst using beams is to ensure fairness, A fully charged FF or BB is devastating so in order to balance it Vegeta is unable to move during these attacks whereas Goku's KHH is less powerful and therefore Goku is able to float.

Frieza's disc is somewhat controllable, again going on accuracy of the series he is able to do so whilst Krillin can't control his disc. Since discs are one-hit kill and unblockable making them more powerful/ easier to use will again unbalance it.

Goku can go ssj3 but there is no GT/movie content therefore no ssj4. Gohan never goes ssj4 in any official series and the rest of what you said is unclear.

Finally the teleport idea is bad, part of being a good fighter/gamer is being able to attack and defend. Teleporting is a very handy strategy to get out of a dangerous situation and if you're too crap to catch your oponent then go train with bots and learn.

Best answers
ya ya ya...

i know cell can use sensu bean but he is part robotic he should be able to use tail to gain health... would be kool feature to suck people.

buus candy beam does little damage and has low range in order to gain health faster he has to make you into candy but cannot do so at a medium range he has to be near point blank. its very hard when fighting good players that teleport bounce ya. the range should be increased for medium. his regeneration is 1 hp for every 5 ki used and takes to long.

vegeta's ssj attacks are no where near as powerful as goku's even half charged. plus the 3 on keyboard is the same. yet vegeta cant teleport using 3. get the idea?

frieza disc in the cartoon were heat seeking goku and there were 2. and in DBZ when krillian shoots off vegetas tail with disc he did control it he boomeranged that mother back behind vegeta in and cut his tail off turning him back into regular vegeta from the ape form.

and in dragon ball "x" there is a whole new saga where every one is dead but gohan. they wish vegeta and goku back with black dragon balls every now n thing to fuse together to make vegeto to kill some monsters. gohan goes times 4 in one of the episodes i got the movie on vcr.

and finally the teleport was not fully my liked idea, im just saying for catching purposes and putting the quality of beams back into the game. it would be nice to have like 5-15 teleports then when depleted it takes oh say 20 seconds to recharge to use 5 or so teleports. this makes the teleports used wisely. more skill required in the field of gameplay.

now does this clear things up for you rocky87?
does for me.

and i know how to play the game i am unstopible with frieza and trunks. mostly because i've made some cheap combo/strats up :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Cell is an organic android, thus allowing him to use sensu beans effectively.
2) Candy beam is extremely dangerous. Some people double hit you with simple melee, and begin candifying you before you are able to recover. Repeat this process, and you're screwed.
3) Buu doesnt need any improvements. He is overpowered as it is. He should be toned down if anything.
4) Goku being able to tele while charging beams is completely fair. He did it during the show, and so this is his special attribute.
5) Vegeta has 2 of the msot powerful attacks in the game. Did Vegeta move around while charging either the final flash or big bang attack? No. Leave it as it is.
6) Frieza's disc has the "boomerang effect".
7) Krillin never made the disc come back. Yajirobe cut Vegeta's tail off, causing him to revert back to his normal form.
8) Combos should never do that much damage. Thats just ridiculous.
9) Dragonball "x" is fan-fic garbage. Ssj3 will be in esf when 1.3 arrives.
10) The team shouldnt have to limit teleportation even further, just because you dont like people to tele all over the place.

Finally, you are not unstoppable with frieza nor with trunks. No one is unstoppable. Also, by reading your suggestions to "balance" esf, im guessing you're not too good of a player.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vegeta's ssj attacks are no where near as powerful as goku's even half charged. plus the 3 on keyboard is the same. yet vegeta cant teleport using 3. get the idea?
i'll make it more clear ok?
vegeta nead to be able to teleport when he uses the galltgun when he is ssj, he also neads less ki for the big bang attack and final flash.
the final flash also neads to be equal or stronger than the spiritbomb.
he also neads the right transformatie at first, the currend is the second time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill make it even more clear. Vegeta has never teleported while charging a signature attack. Final Flash is stronger than the spirit bomb. I dont know what his trans pl will be, but hopefully it will be less than it is now.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watch the attitude Nix.

Vulls you need to rethink your numbers more than anything else. 5 health regeneration in 15 seconds for Cell, for example. That number makes almost no sense. In an advanced melee situation you'd only regain, maybe 10 health, while you were getting pummeled.

As for the rest of it, it takes experience. You learn how to use things more effectively than they appear. Discs, lasers, candy beam, all take experience to get decent with. Finger laser secondary fire needs to get toned down, but piccolo? Nah. Piccolo suffers from lack of power level after transformation anyway, reducing his overall effectiveness.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You got it, Boyster.

Im just getting a little annoyed at people trying to make everything super easy, as well as the fact that people completely disregard the series. I mean, c'mon. Vegeta teleporting while charging a final flash and then bringing up Dragonball "x"?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@zeonix
did you ever learn to read, i said the gallitgun not the final flash.
the final flash just nead to consume less ki and stil be one of the strongest beams(exacly the strongest)
Im just getting a little annoyed at people trying to make everything super easy
he wasn't making it easy, he just want to make it more ballanced and fair.
Final Flash is stronger than the spirit bomb. I dont know what his trans pl will be, but hopefully it will be less than it is now.
do you exacly know how vegeta is in the series, he is the most advanced fighter ever but doesn't have the power to use it properly.
just look at the fight majin vegeta vs goku, they where equal but vegeta still was better than goku.
fatbuu didn't lived verry long if vegeta could go to ssj3.
so wy make him weaker when he is one of the most limited fighter in esf, just anwer that.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
1) Ssj3 will be in esf when 1.3 arrives.
... NO WAY!!! i thought it was only gonna be 1 new tranformation for all not 2 transformations for some!!!! cool...! o_O are you sure though?

Best answers
wow people dont know the dbz series as well as i do i suspose... sigh.

krillian disc is controlible in the cartoon especially in alot of the dbgt episodes where he cuts alot of androids up.

i doubt there will be a ssj3 form for esf as it is based on dbz not gt.

cell gaining 5 health per 15 seconds of a melee lock will gain him up to 25 health per successful lock. and the tail feature is just nice who cares its in beta stages of usage so what ever it will do will be fine i just wanna see it suck and make the sound.

in dragon ball gt vegeto (vegeta and goku fused) vegeto uses final flash and big bang attack while teleporting around a red demon thats in the dead dimension.

and dragon ball "x" (i call it x because i forgot the name its a long jap word) is not a fan flick i got a tape from a friend with 2 episodes on it, gohan goes ssj4 and if you'd look it up on google or what not you'd see it.

and i dont vegeta to teleport i just want em to be able to move while charging a beam. positioning is everything. k?

plus vegeta cant and never has gone ssj3 he skipped the level to go 4th where bulma makes him a machine to charge his power. also bebe took his body over and did the same.

as i stated at the beginning of the post do not flame suggestions, or u will be ignored and possibly reported/banned if u get out of hand.

- stick to suggestions, not flames k? -

Best answers
First of all....i'm new here....I just want to say a few things...I like the balancing as it is. IF a few things get changes thats fine by me....oh and a few corrections....

Niobe: Vegeta didn't beat goku....vegeta smacked him on the neck when goku wasn't looking whent they were fighting.....Vegeta has never beaten goku or ever will......

VuLLs: ssj3 is clearly in DBZ...not dbgt....goku fights fat buu and kid buu in ssj3 form....also in the underworld it wasn't vegeto...it was Gogeta and he didn't use final flash....it was obviously a new attack....looking more like a rainbow actually....

Best answers

krillian disc is controlible in the cartoon especially in alot of the dbgt episodes where he cuts alot of androids up.

i doubt there will be a ssj3 form for esf as it is based on dbz not gt.
I think that you should learn better than saying that you know dbz well, and making yourself look like a joke.
Goku did SSJ3 while fighting with buu, last time i checked that fight was in dbz.
Second, you say that krillin controlls his disc in GT, but later you say that esf isnt dbgt ;/

Everything you suggest is either from DBGT or from fanfic manga (that "x" thing you mention is fanfic, and it foesnt matter if you have it on tape.)
Vegteta did not teleport even when he was charging a gallit gut. The only person who tele'd during charging his signature attack was goku vs cell (as someone else mentioned).
Why dont we make FF consume 1% of your ki so ppl will start spamming it even more than they are now.
As for the Frieza lazer, (me being an refular freiza user) is not that difficult to avoid. Just dont stay still. It has almost no splash damage and one needs to have extremely good aim to hit you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as for the spamming of lasers the lasers although instant are extremely inaccurate against a moving target and i barely ever see anyone spamming these

cell and buu can use senzu beans cause its really hard to regenerate in the middle of a secondary melee battle

i agree that buus regeneration is to slow but most players dont use buu anyway

goku being able to teleport while charging beams is because he was the only one who teleport while charging to try and destroy cell in the cell saga and it makes it more fair seeing as you cant use instant transmission

the discs shouldnt be changed at all considering its allready a one hit kill and besides you can call back friezas disc anyway

i would love to see frieza with two discs but that would take alot of fps and it would be spammed alot

and i think they said goku can go ssj3

you do not need to limit pl and ki if you turn on the servers average pl thing the stronger one person is the faster your pl grows and if theyre really strong you can gain 100 thousand pl just by being killed by them

and people only complain about this because they know theyre not good enough to catch up to them and tries to blame it on something else other than theyre skill as a player so a teleport wait time should not be added

Best answers
rainbow? rofl u obviously talking about diff episode, im not talking about underworld im talking about like a diff realm.

and i just thought of something... vegeta should be allowed to go ape form in form 1. heck goku can use spirit bomb in form1...

nappa should be a character as well and uses the sabi men plant in ground and they come out. rofl...

and ya dbz on cartoon network is not dbz in jap version. their diff so if there is ssj3 in american dbz then wow... who care i just want the crash to desktop fixed more then anything... and the collect dragon balls fixed :p

gallitic gut? ... ok...

i dont care for teleport limits either i just stated it for catching purposes and beam usage. if like two players ran out then they would beam fight.

2 frieza disc that angle are not gonna fps lag... um wow...
and the disc could have a heat seeking feature but be destroyed if you melee the guy casting it... like basically he sitting duck if he casting disc anyways.

krillian should be able to recall disc because in the cartoon he catches his own disc when a guy flings it back at him.

buu is not godly and he needs an alternative means of gaining health then rengen that takes 5 mins to gain health. every one else has sensu bean. and most people are playing on riverside cuz its the only stable map that doesnt crash to desktop if every one is using first person view. no memory leaks.

as for goku going ssj3 i think vegeta should get ape form then >:)

Best answers
just thought of another suggestion...

vegeta on the evil team could have a m on the forehead. and have higher starting power level then the good vegeta... this is only for like when REAL TEAMS are set to on.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please use the edit button instead of posting twice.

The game is *not* supposed to be like the show, it's supposed to be balanced. Vegeta starts off decent and ends up with the two most powerful attacks.

You're also making totally irrational suggestions. Krillin should not be able to call back the disc because not only did he never do it on the show, but that would make him just like frieza. Frieza's discs shouldn't be heat seeking because that would be completely unbalanced and unfair compared to every other attack in the game. Buu can turn people into a cookie easily enough and get all of his health back. Sensu beans are designed to be cheap and even on a map with sensu beams Buu is still the most powerful character with the highest speed and the most health. SSj3 happened in the english and in the japanese versions of the anime. Teleportation already has a tiny delay and it's possible that in the future it wont teleport you quite as far but that's all that is going to happen to it.

Best answers
i dont care any more sonic guy, im droping the forums and going to go play just learned from this kool guy how to do some nice combos n catching moves :p but i still would like to see a big vegeta ape... :p

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VuLLs said:
now does this clear things up for you rocky87?
does for me.
No it doesn't clear anything. If anything you've just made more of an ass of yourself than we all thought wait...

i doubt there will be a ssj3 form for esf as it is based on dbz not gt
Now there you go you've outdone yourself. A complete contradiction there. mentioned before but it was worth saying again. Also i've spoken to my japanese friend who has the entire series in japanese and yes Goku did go ssj3 in dbz.

as for dragonball x it is a fan-fic the only official dragonball series are Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT all licensed by funimation. Dragonball AF, Dragonball X and any other lame imitation are not official and therefore have no relevance in a DBZ game.

Then how come whenever I have beam struggle with Goku and I'm Vegeta I always win and when its reversed I always lose?

Get your facts straight before you post, and save all of us from your stupidity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom