Bug help? not working right

Best answers
Okay, I installed ESF a few days ago. When I play there is normally a bug that springs up that brings the game to a screeching halt, or there is a bug that brings me back to the desktop. I do get to play though, and this game is Uber Awesome. Also, in advanced melee, I cannot normally see my model when I am the one attacking. Whenever I am at the recieving end, the map zooms out way back and does a big glitchy overview of the map, still like it would be ingame, and all I can see are little arrows. The struggle meter doesnt work right, and I sometimes have the .dll problem, even though I have 1.2.1 installed. This is a good game, how do I fix all of these problems???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :no:

Best answers
that's alot of problems.. maybe update your drivers, and if that doesn't work, reinstall

Best answers
hmm... the crash to desktop is for every one. its a memory leak in the code. as for .dll and screen corruption... try updating your radeon or nvidia video card drivers at www.ati.com or www.nvidia.com

also if your going to reinstall... uninstall 1.2.1, 1.2 and delete the folders in half life from my computer, also start menu run regedit and delete any thing in there thats esf related.

reboot reinstall reboot load half life first then esf and do not turn on 24 bit texturing. try always using first person view then fighting in third. this will allow u to play longer before the crash to desktop crap :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also dont run the game in software - it sounds like you are.

Try opengl or d3d instead.

Best answers
Oh, and this is a new computer. I have a geforce 3 but don't know what drivers to get. What is Software mode? I don't know what you mean

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
basically in your video options there should be a render option - set it to opengl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom