Descending Animation

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing as characters have animations and sounds when ascending, how about having them for descending too? The saiyans are fine, but for Frieza I think there should be something other than him shrinking with a strange noise, maybe have shockwaves travelling inwards to show his power being contained. 1.3 Piccolo should put his cape back on rather than it just appearing on his shoulders. Add ideas if you have them :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like your ideas and i think they should add a descend animation.
For the Saiyans there should be an Animation too, when you played Super Sonic Warriors with Trunks you know what i mean.
Its when he stands there and it looks like hes powering up but hes changing normal again.
Comprende ?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't see a point in the effort it would take to implement the sprites.

Once you transform, your not trying to descend, your trying to stay as a strong as possible.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not always Jayster, especially when you'll be able to go SSj3 and possibly 100% Frieza in 1.3 . Expect the most powerful transformations to have penalties of some kind, like heavy ki burn for SSj3. Besides, it'd be one of the little things people would notice and think of as a nice touch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm gonna go out on a limb here but was that post supposed to be in this thread?

Seriously though, I reckon this would add a bit of flair to ESF, it won't effect the gameplay much but I think it would look cool and better than the models just switching.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if they implement the transformation cinematics, it wouldn't hurt to add some descending animations either. I know that if you're Goku and you want to use spirit bomb you need to descend, thats another reason to descend.

Best answers
I think this idea is actually a pretty good idea, it would add a bit more realism to the game, and make it look better aesthetically (though I doubt the esf creators care about what people want aesthetically?).

Well if they didn't care Joe wouldn't be spending so long on new trasnformation animations and special effects. ~Boyster

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of people are flaming suggestions to improve the visuals, I for one think visuals are at least 40% of a games overall appeal, If stick figures were used in Legend of Zelda instead of the models it wouldn't have been as good a game as it was. I'm glad that Joe is spending so much time on the transformation animations and special effects, because the game already has the exciting fast paced action and gameplay. What it needs now is a few simple tweaks to get it really out there.

Best answers
a descending animation?

aka in other words - only means you'd get beamed more while transforming/deforming :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously it wouldn't be as long, and wouldn't have huge lightning and things that tells everyone where you are.

Best answers
All i want it that when sajan decends then the yellow hair would faid away to black it not hard to do and it wouldent lag to....
Besides... uou could move at the same time...

Best answers
No it is supposed to be for example, SSJ Goku decends back to normal, His hair should be abit of like *wind blowing* and the gold hair will fade off back to black. Instead of his hair being 100% statue, not even moving.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the yellow hair would faid away to black
Unfortunatley this has been said before but the team said it's not posible to change the colours on the models, you have to change the models themselves, however you could have like a quick flash between switching models for the saiyan descending animation.

Seeing as it's possible to animate the hair i'd like to see the normal hair stay upright for a second after descending then flop down to normal, it would make it seem smoother.

Best answers
Let's just say the saiyan's decending is fine right now.

Non-Saiyans :

Buu ( does not decend )
Cell ( does not decend )
Krillin ( does not decend )

Frieza : Inward energy thing sounds good to me. Just have him do a reverse of transforming heheh.
Piccolo : Should be able to accend but not decend, and only gain his first form back on respawn. (read why)

Hmm there isn't really that much to change here when you think about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dont think thats a bad idea at all.
well dunno just like it . for example lets se....
well like mentioned above for trunks this stance like in SSWarriors . then maybe a sprite or something like the SSJ aura fading away into the sky and maybe at the moment where it is at the head you change the model so it wont look that crazy than just changing the models dunno if you guys get what i mean . and also like some said : its sometimes better to not ascend for PL gain and stuff ^^

Best answers
theres only so much the steams hl old 5 year engine can do.
modeling the characters to have a descending animations means bigger files longer downloads and its not really worth it.

a small fps drop and ping fluxuations would also occur for people with crap comps. and this game is still in its beta stages so i doubt they will put a desending glowing animation of glory for a mere descend.

they got bigger things to worry about like ssj3 goku and perfect cell and frieza, also captain ginyu that is gonna be the best for taking peoples bodies over... haha...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone worries about size too much..... the bigger the better, ever heard of that?
a big game means alot to do. if everyone loks at it that way about size then why not take away all the accesories? dont need charging sprites, mp3 player, high textures,smoke, explosion effects.... those arnt nessesities to play the game....

VuLLs said:
a small fps drop and ping fluxuations would also occur for people with crap comps.
this game isnt ment to be played on a Crappy computer. I dont think Sierras in their office working on Half-Life 2 thinking "what about the people with slower computers, dont you think this is unfair to them?" If you have a crappy computer, I think its time to take it out back and put it down. Get a new one. If your comp cant play esf then its simply out dated.

The more the merrier. This game could end up 1 gig. many would complain but once played they would say its worth it.

Now the decend animation is a really good idea. always looked weird to me how they just appear as the decent model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raventrunks has got it right there... Whats a good game worth if it doesn't have all the extra's and tidbits that make it fun. As technology continues to change and become even better the people who have this technology shouldn't be disadvantaged because game developers are worrying about the people with slow computers. I say add all the special effects, add all the smoke, mirrors and anything else that will make this game stand out.

Best answers
Well i personally reckon descending animation is a great idea, though not to long, just a couple of secs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be very long, just 2 seconds or even less for the Saiyans.

modeling the characters to have a descending animations
You wouldn't need to change the model, just adding one, 2 second animation per character, it wouldn't take long to implement and it's not going to increase the file size by any more than 1 meg at most and it would make the game look and feel smoother.

Surely the fact that it's in beta stage means a better chance to add stuff (and suggest stuff to add) and make the game better?

And as for 'ping fluctuations' and 'fps drop', do you know what a sprite is? This is akin to firing an energy attack, and if a server lagged every time somebody used an energy attack I doubt people would play ESF.

If the team was so worried about that then I doubt Goku's trans would have rocks flying, lightning, sounds, shockwaves and awesome animation.

Just for the record, Half-Life's Multiplayer minimum requirements are:

Windows 95 (Todays Standard: XP or 2000)
Pentium 133 (Todays Standard: Pentium 4-AMD Athlon 3000+)
24mb RAM (Todays Standard: 512mb-1gb)
No Graphics Card (Todays Standard: Geforce 4-Radeon 9200)
2X Speed CD Rom (Todays Standard: 50X)
56k Modem (Todays Standard: 128k+)

So unless your computer was built 5 years ago you really won't have problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom