Save The (Rain)Forest

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, I apologise for the stupid thread name

Secondly, I didn't know whether this was supposed to be in mapping or suggestions, as it's a suggestion for a currently existing map. Which means it'll probably get moved.

Many of you will have played the new map esf_giantforest, well I didn't play it until a few minutes ago, and something very strange happened, looking at one half of the map (trees, shrubs, etc) and my FPS was resting around 70fps according to netgraph, suddenly I turn and the framerate drops to 4.1, even though all I did was look at the other half of the map which is very similar to the first. I've never had this problem with anything on the half-life engine before so I really don't know what to make of it.

If you haven't worked it out, my suggestion is to look into it and fix it :yes:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This bug has been confirmed a little while ago. Zero is working on it.

(look in your hl directory, there will be tons of screenshots, after you play giant forest)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a known problem. Apparently, the map is broken. It wasnt supposed to make it into the patch, but it got in anyway.

EDIT: Bah...beat me to it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the map takes loads of screenshots when you look at one of the rocks in the map. It also does this with friezas telekinesis when your playing the map esf_city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom