Advanced Melee

Best answers
This might been suggested and if so id like to bring it back to light..

[Air Fights]

1. Swoop without turbo (No aura, less ki drain, less speed)
2. Swoop with turbo (with aura, current swoop)

3. This also might have been suggested... Able to use turbo in adv. melee
[More ki drain, more speed (arrows would also appear faster),more dmg]

[Real ground fights]

1. If flight is not on, players would ground swoop or could run at opponents.
a. Sprinting at opponents (less ki drain, less speed)
b. Swoop without turbo (on ground)
c. Swoop with turbo (on ground)

If you would give these a speed rating it would be like: a=1 (slowest) b=2 c=3 (the fastest way)

These (a,b,c) would be swoops only on ground..if opponents go in air you really have to toggle (default "f") the flight mode.

Would also be nice to see if you see dust appear when someone presses flight mode..for example in ground fights and if the other player sees that he tries to get in air (seeing the winds,dust beneath him) and also toggles flight then it should look like the Trunks and Goten Fight in tournement..

Hope y'all understand what i try to explain and suggest..

Also I'd like to suggest once again the second type of teleport.

1. with those lines (seen most in the show) with less ki drain than current teleport.
2. after image (same speed, as teleport "1", current teleport, takes more energy than previous "1" teleport, also fooling the opponents.

Hope this aint to much work to make it for 1.3..if it's a good suggestion...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you gotta be patient it sounds like an ok idea but some things arent necessary for example the dust that would happen when you toggle fly would just make the game run just a little bit slower and people like me with sucky computers cant handle way to much

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested something similar to the swooping idea. In my idea though, the slower speed had an aura the same as it is now and the faster speed had a trail.

I like the aura in advanced melee idea, but I think it would be to much work for something that wouldn't make advanced melee a lot more enjoyable.

As for the dust idea, i like it. They could use the same effect that happens when you charge up ki above the ground (except without rocks flying up). Btw darkowns, you would have to have a pretty crappy comp to even be affected by the effect.

I don't like the ground idea though. Whats the point of it?

I also don't like the teleport idea. The after image we have now is fine. It doesn't really fool anyone as it is now, atleast not to the point where there should be two seperate teleports.

Best answers
I don't like the ground idea though. Whats the point of it?

I also don't like the teleport idea. The after image we have now is fine. It doesn't really fool anyone as it is now, atleast not to the point where there should be two seperate teleports.
The point of ground fights is mostly variation of fights...for example ground fights should drain less energy than air fights..

Wouldnt you like to have a real ground fight instead of million times fighting in the air?

And as for the teleport like i suggested there would be 2 types of teleport...
It's not like the current one should be replaced.. in the show afterimage isnt that very much used...and i think its natural that it would consume more energy than a normal type of teleport..

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Although the after image isn't used much I think its a great way to fool opponents. The bots are expecially good at this, I know people can't play like the bots but if you teleport at the last second the after image is very handy, used effectively and you even have enough time to power up before they come back.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The point of ground fights is mostly variation of fights...for example ground fights should drain less energy than air fights..

Wouldnt you like to have a real ground fight instead of million times fighting in the air?

And as for the teleport like i suggested there would be 2 types of teleport...
It's not like the current one should be replaced.. in the show afterimage isnt that very much used...and i think its natural that it would consume more energy than a normal type of teleport..
Air fights don't drain any energy at all right now...

And like I said, the teleport after image doesn't fool oppenents since the diamond above the head dissapears once you teleport. That, and the fact that you hear a sound once you teleport. Making a seperate teleport would be pointless, people would always use the one that costs less ki.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes airfights do drain alot of energy and fast especially during secondary melee prepunch sequences, throwing, teleporting, and swooping.

the after image is there for more realism most people have learned to ignore the images by now

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I meant advanced melee doesn't take up any ki.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people plz remember there is more than one type of melee one sucks (advanced) and one is ridiculously better(secondary)

but anyway the advanced melee doesnt really need to, the swooping and teleporting will run you out pretty quick and you have to be careful with the prepunch to or you could be counter punched if you run to low on ki

Best answers
Hybrid said:
Air fights don't drain any energy at all right now...

And like I said, the teleport after image doesn't fool oppenents since the diamond above the head dissapears once you teleport. That, and the fact that you hear a sound once you teleport. Making a seperate teleport would be pointless, people would always use the one that costs less ki.
Well I do think that air fights should drain some ki...and that ground fights should drain less ki.. IF this cant or wont be implented (Drain of Ki in airfights) then the flight toggle also shouldnt drain ki..

Remember the fight with Goku and Frieza...after some toying with eachother Frieza asked Goku what he prefered...
Goku chose the ground since Frieza was better in the air...(Piccolo told this to Gohan and Krillin since he knew it) My point is that players would require different skills in air and/or ground.

As for the after-image...yeah the diamond isnt there plus the sound of teleport is able to hear...but still you will fool enemy's with it...
Your reaction time once you found out that is an image drains still a little time. And thuse and advantage for the teleporter...

Anyway so you disagree that there should not be:

1: Real Ground Fights (less ki drain than air fights)..
2: Second type of Teleport...
3: Air Fights should drain some ki

I personally think that it would make the game more dbz like...

Best answers
Wow I love it when this happens. I suggest something a long time ago. Then someone brings up the SAME suggestion, and get all praised and junk =\.

Best answers
Fighting on the ground would be pointless. You are "beam-bait" if you stay there because you get all the splash damage. No one would do it. If they DO do it it's because they're a noob and havn't figured out how to swoop yet.

...even if you didn't get beams, you would get swooped on by anyone flying around.

multiple teleports? I agree with Hybrid. Why waste ki on a duplicate image?. Noone would try to fool anyone, Unless it spammed the radar with about 3 images and created another 3 hallucinations onscreen with the 2nd teleport.

DARKOWNS ----> How can you pay out on advanced melee when you don't even know the combos? don't dis advanced melee just cos you don't know how to use it. Theres more to it then button bashing, besides; your comment is off topic. Its not a suggestion, it's a criticism

Best answers
Fighting on the ground would be pointless. You are "beam-bait" if you stay there because you get all the splash damage. No one would do it. If they DO do it it's because they're a noob and havn't figured out how to swoop yet.
It wouldnt be pointless :(...when you are in advanced melee on ground or air...you are invunerable for other attacks right? And in my suggestion you would be able to swoop on the ground aswell..

Wow I love it when this happens. I suggest something a long time ago. Then someone brings up the SAME suggestion, and get all praised and junk =\.
Personally i dont really care if i came up with the idea and would receive the credits...i would only care if those nice things (like this suggestion for example) would get in the game... IF you suggested this a long time ago then ppl might reconsider this idea again ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think he meant when you get out but that happens in the air too anyway all i would do is seek my revenge on his nuts

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DARKOWNS ----> How can you pay out on advanced melee when you don't even know the combos? don't dis advanced melee just cos you don't know how to use it. Theres more to it then button bashing, besides; your comment is off topic. Its not a suggestion, it's a criticism
In way of damage basic melee is far superior to advanced melee, In advanced melee you leave yourself open to counter attacks with hidden combos, as well as the chance of missing an ordinary random arrow, Basic melee isn't pretty, but its a quick efficient means of hitting your oponent and running away damage free.
Ground fights would be cool because you could set up little tournaments and stuff with specific rules (Not made by server just fun stuff to do with friends or whatever) and either way there's always some person with a fully charged beam ready to hit another person after advanced melee, whether on the ground or in the air, face it, its what people do.

Best answers
True..i totally agree...many ppl would see esf as an insane killing game....
But when playing with friends or on a lan...ppl try to play very much like the show...
and new things that might seem pointless would make the game then very cool and very addicted..

Even in public servers i stand sometimes with enemy's watching what 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 battles would bring...and after the fight it would be my turn :) against the other spectators who stands just waiting on cliffs..:)

It would be true that the team might have too much work on it...but the results will definetly pay off..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
phar4oh said:
I don't like the sound of that. What does adv. melee has other than button smashing anyway? The only 'strategy' (that I have seen) is "use hard kicks/punches". Wow.
If you would give an example of something other than button smashing....
Thanx

On-topic:
1) I don't understand the 'sprint' and the toggle fly thing in adv melee.

2) IMO instant disappearing is more confusing than slow disappearing. The 1.0 effect was better for gameplay and 1.2 effect was better for eyecandy. The lines are the best because it's confusing and pretty. So just switch it.

3) I think that if there should be any use of the toggle fly key it should be like this:
If both players have fly mode on - then the fight will go up(like Trunks Vs. Goten).
If both players have fly mode off - then the fight will go down.
If only one player has fly mode on - then the fight won't go up or down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom