Am i alone in this?

Best answers
Ive been playing for awhile off and on , and i personally think melee is way over used and somewhat un ballanced and i feel bad for the newbs because no one even trys to help them they just beat on them oh well :S

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are having trouble playing the game, i'd recommend you to read the manual.

As for gametweaking, we are trying to improve melee, so sit back and wait what the next beta's will bring.

Best answers
oh no im not i just feel bad for new players they just get pwnd i do however prefer blast attacks but ya i cant wait till next betas power struggles are very fun atleast to me lol

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the best way to learn is to see it for yourself you gain more skill when you fight better players so really theres not much to learn without hands on experience so dont feel to sorry for them and melee isnt overused you dont see the zfighters trying to rain down theyre enemies with a gallit gun or kamehameha wave 90 percent of the time theyre locked in melee

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New = inexperienced = unskilled. New players will be beaten by experienced players. That's the way of the world, and it is what everyone who is experienced wants. A system that can be mastered without even being played is one that offers no rewards for experience.

Best answers
You can't complain about over-use of melee. People -choose- to use it over beams, it's not the developers fault if people only choose to use 1 feature.

Here is a solution, create a server, title is "NO MELEE" or "BEAMS ONLY" and kick anyone who doesn't follow your rules.

Best answers
well nothing to do about it... good players always loved to toy with the newbs...
that is the way of the pro....
melee is the main combat in every fight... unless telepathical fights but thats not esf
if you dont like melee, don't use it, or not often... give the example!

Best answers
The problem with melee in 1.2 its the whole "queke a move " system , expirienced players mastered this , learning the 2 secret combos , combining them with regular combos and what not , so esf 1.2 is not noob freindly at all , hopefully in 1.3 they will find a way to remove the queke thing and make it flow and fast paced so it will be noob freindly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arachka said:
expirienced players mastered this , learning the 2 secret combos , combining them with regular combos and what not , so esf 1.2 is not noob freindly at all
So, 1.2 isn't noob friendly because experienced player have an advantage over newbies?
Call me stupid, but that doesn't sound completely logical o_O

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Games really shouldn't be very newbie friendly. If you can master everything in a day, there's no fun in it because you'll be done with it in a day.

-Karrde-

Best answers
its kinda the same as saying beams are over powered.....melee is just something you need to work on before you can fight back and win

Best answers
Navanax said:
So, 1.2 isn't noob friendly because experienced player have an advantage over newbies?
Call me stupid, but that doesn't sound completely logical o_O
no i just meant that its really hard for a noob to adjust himself to the mod , double swoops , double hits , tele hits , secret combos , and whatever , even after reading the manual its hard to perform all those things and dealing with more expirienced players in a server at the same time O_O

Best answers
melee is the basis for this game! The only thing over used in ESF are the beams actually... well that's just what I think

Retired
Best answers
I agree with karrde, games should have a hard learning curve. so it pays-off to spend time on a game. so you can master it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arachka said:
no i just meant that its really hard for a noob to adjust himself to the mod , double swoops , double hits , tele hits , secret combos , and whatever , even after reading the manual its hard to perform all those things and dealing with more expirienced players in a server at the same time O_O
Which is exactly why you need to practice, like Karrde said ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom