I NEED STEAM HELP!!!

Best answers
i recently got a new comp cos old 1 crashed and lost all files, and i used to have esf and half life and all on it, i tried downloading steam installer onto comp but it sed sumthing like " file size meant to be recieved= 756900, file size recevied =154200" what do i do??? :warning:

Retired
Best answers
redownload it at a later time, you clearly didn't get the whole 'package'. so you just retry it.

Best answers
well im a lil kid i dont know to much about computer...and i dont spend as much time as my older bro :)

Best answers
if your computer has trouble processing packets... try a windows update from your internet explorer... in the menu bar go to tools, windows update. scan for updates and do the critical updates first.

some of the updates should fix your packet reading.
so you will not have to redownload files due to packet corruption.

hope this helps.

Best answers
i have all the new update, windows xp sp2 and all and i tried redownloading 1 day later what should i do now?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd recommend taking this to the Steam forums, for this probably something that have dealth with in more detail.

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/

You might even come across it reading, or you could just register and post this problem...

Best answers
hmm then its your firewall... if a download takes to long your firewall will stop processing packets... so keep downloading the file from the same site to eventually get it. thats what i had to do on my friends comp... it kept pausing the file and getting like not the full mb. so i redownload and it went faster to catch up where it stoped at then resumed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness could you not post spam like that again please?

SSJ5 gohan - that simply means you didn't finish downloading the file -it could have happened because your connection timed out, or the server timed out.
Best bet is to redownload.

Best answers
I had the same trouble ssj5 Gohan, but instead of downloading it i just ran it and it installed it :D. hope that works for ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom