PL Saving

Best answers
Ok, don't think of me as a n00b now, but here is an idea for how too work this one out, if I might....

Only use the PL saving on LAN servers, or some of you who wants it soo bad, can try to make an addon too get it into the game... so, nuf said...

Of curse the PL should be balanced, so an new player would get a boost in PL when he joins...

and Please don't flame me now... know that this will never happen but the team soo someone else could try too do it...

Have more thoughts on this subject thu...

only posted this cuz don't got the Net at home...
//Kieron

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Power Level Saving:
ESF was not designed for such a thing and it isnt ment to have such a feature. Suggesting this is a waste of time and energy because it isnt gonna happen.

If you believe that something has been already suggested, before posting Click Here

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He didn't actually explain what he meant about power level saving.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact is... something like power level saving would have to be worked into the hard code...

...something that the ESF team(who are not in favor of this idea) isn't going to let anyone, but them, mess with.

Best answers
Okay, what I mean is this, the server has the ability too save the settings of users with certain IP/MAC/CD-KEY identification and, saves the following information:

PL, Value
Character
Name/Nick
Team
Kills/Deaths

And the player who is joining, must use the same Identification, and must use the same character and name team, too get his or her old stats, this could be good for players who like too use high, and I mean high stats.

There is of course some problems with it, you can't change character at all during this, when you change, you start fresh, with the starting PL for that charater, and you can only have one charater saved at the server at a time.

If this could work, and both the server and the client should have a little cheakbox, for the saving of the stats.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if this could be a Server Script like AdminMod.

Best answers
That is what I meant, I am not for the idea of using BUU tho gain 3 mill and then change too krillin and speed kill everything, I hate it, someone I know does that... I myself uses Krillin the whole time, and still manageds too beat the jerk up..

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah I don't like it...This means I could join a server full of people who have pl's stored in the high millions and I'm with Gohan on 600,000.

Best answers
But, I it should only be used by the Lan servers, and if it could be used on the net it would have too be abel too filter out it..

Anyway, when joining a server where the others have playen on like 72 hours, there is gonna be some serious high PL's and maybe someone lost their connection... and everything should be stored on the server, noo use your own damned caracter that you always play with a PL of over 100,000,000,000,000,000 or something like that...

Best answers
Well on LAN servers ONLY wouldnt be a problem for me...Most ppl who play on a LAN arent the ones that want to be insane superior to there LAN members/friends/family or whatever..

So i am not against this suggestion..though i wouldnt expect that this idea get's in 1.3...might be 1.4 or 1.5 if the team would agree with this.. (i think)

Best answers
I regret to inform you but this has been said and has been closed. Also if someone saves up for long time and a newbie comes along he will crushed in seconds not that i like crushing newbies but its just not fair.

Best answers
But I only want it too work on LAN servers, so you can lets say, shut down the game for an hour or soo, and then continue fighting.

Hey, you could even make it soo, that all players have too be in before a specific time, lets say an half hour, and then the server closes all other player joins, soo the server is full. But hey, I know that ESF wasen't meant too do this, and I know that it will never happen unless it really really need's to be there...

Hey, there could even be a specifc amount of time the carachter could be saved on the server, lets say for 1 day or 1 hour... but this is something, too use on LAN only, don't ever wanna see it on Internet play...

Okay some argue why... lets say that you an another is playing a match and suddenly your power goes, wouln'd it be great, that you know, that all you have too do, is resat your computer, and join the game, you will not have lost your PL...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom