an important message

Best answers
don't know what about u guys, but esf community is falling apart here in israel.
most of the pros didn't like the 1.2 version, and the 1.2.1 version got more ppl to quit.
our community is falling apart, so all i'm asking is that u'll post a link to esf 1.1 (if u have one), or, if the esf-team see it, plz let us download the 1.1 version from your site.
personally, i think that the advanced melee system got people to concentrate on the arrow-clicking instead of the real skills of the game, so every time i enter a server, i find people just running into each other and playing like as*holes with the arrows (boring **** and useless).
1.2 was reasonable cuz simple melee had a fair damage, but in 1.2.1 i almost feel that u, esf-team, WANT us to noob-up or retire..

note: i understand that this quitting-thing didn't happen only in israel, but all over the world - lynx, for example (#1 player in the world in 1.1), which had incredible aim and skills, retired and some others which i happen to know...

hope i didn't spam or something, thx ahead 4 helping

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How will this help or hinder?
People quit cause of more than one reason. Juse cause a few people don't want to throw out thier skill, doesn't mean that others will adept. We loose people because they choose to leave. The people that choose to stay are the ones that deserve the attention.

Best answers
all i'm asking is a link to esf 1.1, cuz i'm sure that lots of people will enjoy playing this version, even those who didn't quit, since the difference between 1.2 and 1.1 is great.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please don't post direct links. Max won't like it.

Best answers
the link is not working... :\
nvm i'll find one myself

another question if i may...
is there any way to reach an esf developer? :|

Best answers
As well as many esf god's quited played, new good players arised with the 1.2... I still know lot's of them that still play as good or better as in 1.1, but just decided to stop!

Best answers
yeah well, my community has about 3 pros.. the rest are noobs
servers are not a fun place anymore.. maybe it's different back at your place dunno

i downloaded 1.1 but it seems that there's no way i can use it with steam
anyone help? :cry:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BioBrolly, the majority of the professional players (including myself) realize that ESF is going through a lot of big changes, bugs being a big reason why I have avoided downloading 1.2.1 myself. I know that PcJoe and Harsens are working hard to take what the Beta Testing team discovers, led by Groovy, into thier strategy of bux fixing and making the game a lot better overall.

The rumor is a patch, 1.2.2, is going to be coming out here very soon, and will fix a lot of the bugs that plague ESF right now. The pro's haven't left... they're waiting patiently for ESF to become more stable.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
⌐.⌐ of course the link doesn't work, so many people download from esf-world that bandwidth is taken up. but thats the only place i can find that has the beta 1.1 steam installer. i checked other places and i just cant find it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i agree with something in this thread why the hell does everyone think that secondary melee is noobish when all your doing in advanced melee is comparing buttons and spamming the combos?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i personaly like 1.2 melee nad the ability to swoop in all directions whit out targeting but there is still the 1.1 melee in there so the only thing wrong is the bugs ich are being taken care of by the team
so be patient the game rox now and when its finished itll be the bigest bomb :D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So this was just a long rant to say you don't like 1.2 or 1.2.1? First off 1.2.1 was an improvement to 1.2, you've obviously never tried it. The crashing is a pain but the feature fixes and the polish more than makes up for it.

Please don't post direct links if it is against policy.

Best answers
i have tried it.... i'm playing it for a while
all i know is that:
simple melee has only 6 damage now
more secret combos added for the characters (don't tell me that there aren't, i saw that by myself)
i don't give a damm about bugs because they don't ruin the gaming experience in general, but i hate the fact that the developers are encouraging people to use the advanced melee which makes the game incredibely slow, boring and noobish

edit: thx Hybrid, works just fine and fair speed

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry 1.2.1 dosent have more secret combos that 1.2 and that os 2
the game isnt slower but if youd like more action just spead up the melee arows whit the Cwar thatz was added (atleast i think it was)

Best answers
I hope 1.3 will still come out Im looking forward to seeing the new maps, sprite, models, and transformations and sound waves

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the current melee system, the only thing i dont like is the way you can have battles with a person and block every single blow perfectly.

its to easy to block.

but i guess thats gonna change when the implement combo´s that have nearly the same key´s as in the current combo´s

Best answers
can the developers at least make 1.1 compatible for steam? i don't suppose it's too much to ask :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom