A bug playing ESF 1.1 with STEAM/HALF-LIFE 2... HELP!!! O_o

Best answers
Hi, I have some issues well actually 2 of'em when I play ESF 1.1 with Half-Life 2..

Here goes:

1) Bots won't work cos I'm using EVM (Evolution Mod)... Is there a way to activate them WITHOUT focking up the metamod that supports the amxmod that supports the EVM itself? I feel pretty "lonely" in here if u know what I mean... If so, pls pls pls oh GOD ALMIGHTY PLS tell me how!!!
THX! ;)

2) When I play with steam/half-life 2 ,or WHATEVER they call it these days, I get a bug for the keys... yap. Some dude is bichin about it and wants to use arrow keys to strafe instead of turning... page down to charge KI and other incredibly dumass ways to play a game... --_-- Anyway we go to the options and the keyboard tab and nothing appears. Just a little yellow/orange box and that's it! I could've SWORN that, one day, I saw a text or a cfg or scr file that HAD THOSE COMMANDS WRITTEN AND ALL THE KEYS BINDED!!! But I cant find the damn thing anymore... tried with every mod... and nothing... weird huh?

If ANYONE can help me with ANY of these issues, I'll be eternaly grateful.
And please hurry up 'cos I'M GOIN' CRAAAZYYYY!!!! :shocked: o_O :cry: :p

Thx ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first of all, welcome to the ESF Community.

These forums are ment to discuss things about ESF, the mod you are using isnt a part of esf nor is it supported by it. I think you have the best chance of solving youre EVM problems by entering their forums and try asking your question again.

as for having problems with your controls.
you can look into your ESF folder located in youre steamfolder
steam/steamapps/email/halflife/ESF (<-- not 100% sure)
locate an file called config.cfg, this file contains all about user preferences/settings. you can make a copy of that file, edit it to your friends preference, and switch between config´s if he is wanting to play.

make sure you make a copy. so you can place back the original file if you want to play yourself again.

hopes this helps you.

you can also try a 1.1 patch that was made to take out this problem.
cant seem to find it after searching for 10 minute´s but someone sure will post a link to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andy011 said:
Hi, I have some issues well actually 2 of'em when I play ESF 1.1 with Half-Life 2..

Here goes:

1) Bots won't work cos I'm using EVM (Evolution Mod)... Is there a way to activate them WITHOUT focking up the metamod that supports the amxmod that supports the EVM itself? I feel pretty "lonely" in here if u know what I mean... If so, pls pls pls oh GOD ALMIGHTY PLS tell me how!!!
THX! ;)

2) When I play with steam/half-life 2 ,or WHATEVER they call it these days, I get a bug for the keys... yap. Some dude is bichin about it and wants to use arrow keys to strafe instead of turning... page down to charge KI and other incredibly dumass ways to play a game... --_-- Anyway we go to the options and the keyboard tab and nothing appears. Just a little yellow/orange box and that's it! I could've SWORN that, one day, I saw a text or a cfg or scr file that HAD THOSE COMMANDS WRITTEN AND ALL THE KEYS BINDED!!! But I cant find the damn thing anymore... tried with every mod... and nothing... weird huh?

If ANYONE can help me with ANY of these issues, I'll be eternaly grateful.
And please hurry up 'cos I'M GOIN' CRAAAZYYYY!!!! :shocked: o_O :cry: :p

Thx ;)
I didn't read the thread yet, BUT...Know what's awesome?

I know how to fix the control bugs. But unfortunately, I also play "incredibly dumass" ways with the arrow keys. So I think I'm just not going to tell you just yet.

Your best bet is to reinstall everything from scratch. That will fix every problem for certain.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No such thing as half-life 2 out dewd.

Its steam, and its an outbandwidth to WON. Steam runs half-life. You install esf 1.1 to half-life. BEFORE YOU INSTALL EVM, edit your controols. Now feel free to do so. Then, after you installed EVM, go to the shortcut, right click, click properties, look in properties and add the following line:
+locaninfo mm_gamedll "dlls/esf_bot.dll"
Be shure to add a space between the last thing and the thing your adding.
Code:
C:\Steam\SteamApps\email\half-life\ +game esf
becomes
Code:
C:\Steam\SteamApps\email\half-life\ +game esf +locaninfo mm_gamedll "dlls/esf_bot.dll"
And BTW: Most people use that "DUMBASS way" of key binding. I perfer to keep my controols around the numpad. Strafeing is much better than useing that turn way.

Best answers
Sorry u guys for that "dumass way" dumass part I didn't really mean it ;)

thx a lot SaiyanPride (u gave me an idea) and KilledWithStyle u really really helped me out ;)

THX A LOT !!!! WOOOHOOO! W00T :D :D :D :D :D :D

Best answers
errr... i'd like to take that back unfortunately SAIYAN DID help me ... in a way... killedwithstyle are u sure it's not - rather than + in the command for the bots? IM GOIN CRAZY AGAIN!!! :p :p :p :p :p

Best answers
what are the benefits of playing with the arrow keys? i've always played with the wasd... someone fill me in?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
solutions to all thoes problems

use 1.2.1

Best answers
HIBIKI HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU U HAVE TO ACTUALLY H-E-L-P SOMEBODY NOT PUT USELESS AND RETARDED COMMENTS!!! EVM WON'T WORK WITH 1.2.1 OKAY??? OR R U RETARDED ENOUGH TO MIS-UNDERSTAND THAT??? GO BACK TO YOUR G-A-Y ANIME SERIES AND FOCK OFF!!! AND JUMIN, THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO DISCUSS ARROW-KEYS, OKAY??? JESUS CHRIST U SHOULD BOTH GET YOUR BRAINS EXAMINED!!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that uhh, wasnt very nice... ⌐.⌐ especially seeing as hibiki is a moderator...

but anywho.. if you are having trouble with 1.1 www.esf-world.com there is a 1.1 steam installer. do that and your troubles are D-O-N-E DONE!

Best answers
eeehhh... hehehe... well he didn't help me anyway at nothing!
I MEAN SORRY MAN I WAS GOIN INSANE BUT IT'S THE TRUTH!
I NEED EVM WITH BOTS!
I 'm not stupid enough to not know there are no bots when u use evm bcos... *sigh*.... on liblist.gam u have the addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll! I tried to enter the PLUGINS.INI file and add esf_bot.dll file there... guess what? an ERROR after an ERROR after an ERROR... should I go on? ...after an ERROR...

If u carefully read, NOT JUST READ THE THREAD TITLE, but read what has been written 'till now, killedwithstyle said the extra command in the shortcut was
+locaninfo mm_gamedll "dlls/esf_bot.dll" It didn't work and I was like: WTF??? And then I asked for help....again.... and then HIBIKO tells me to install a different version!
I mean HAVE WE MET? NO? Then how come he knows if I don't or do like better basic instead of advanced melee? HM??? how come he knows if I don't or do like evolving like crazy? HE DOESN'T!!! HE ACTS LIKE A DESPERATE SAILSMAN ONLY WITH WEBSITES!!! A person once asked for help and he was like "OH VISIT THIS THREAD" too damn lazy to type! COPY PASTE WOW!! GREAT HELP!!! CTRL+C AND THEN CTRL+V OH THX U R THE GOD!!! AND WOW!! WHAT'S THIS??? WHAT IS THIS??? HE TYPED UP TO ABOUT 5 WORDS!!! WOW I'M SHOCKED!! :shocked:

I had to help that poor basterd wanting some HELP AROUND HERE! AND IT FELT GOOD TO ACTUALLY HELP!! AND TO REALLY DRIVE ME OUTTA MY MIND I HAVE A SCAMMER WHO ASKS ME ABOUT HOW DO U USE ARROW KEYS OR SOMETHING I MEAN WTF!!!! :p :p :p
WOULDN'T U BE IN THE MOOD TO KICK EVERYONE'S ARSES? HUH? OF COURSE U WOULD! ;(

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, countless AUP violations. One, DO NOT flame the moderation staff, administration, or team members. We react far better to reasonable discussion. Two, do NOT evade the swear filter. We filter words we feel are innapropriate for reason. That reason is not so someone can find a way around that. Don't care if you're going out of your gourd with this problem, you should have the decency not to take it out on forum members. Warning for the above violations of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).

Furthermore, we do NOT support EVM here. This is ESF, not EVM. If you have probs with EVM, you should deal with it on their forums. This thread can point you in the right direction.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=37175

The current ESF bots will not work for EVM as they are designed to work with the current ESF only. Bots can't really be backwards compatible due to the basics of their programming. Ask on the EVM forums and they will tell you which version of I think Ki bot you need.

Bottom line for your general probs. Delete everything ESF and reinstall using the ESF 1.1 installer on Steam. Probs should be fixed. If you insist on using HL the old way to play with bots only (as WON is dead) then delete all of HL. Reinstall clean, then install the latest HL client update, then install ESF 1.1 on that. If you get client DLL problems, then you are using the wrong fmod.dll. You should be able to find it somewhere on the forums, and it will be on ESF world. Ppl on EVM should also know which you need.

With that said, the thread is closed for numerous problems. Just remember, we're ESF, not EVM, so please do not come here with EVM related problems.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom