Energy Jumping

Best answers
I'm not sure about the correct term but, seeing how deadly the ki attacks are, I wanted to point this out.
ESF is obviously a game, not an animé, so I'm not expecting it to be to the tac realistic in terms of the show. However, I think beam jumping (that's the word!) is highly unrealistic. I don't like how opponents can charge up a super high blast, face the ground and just shoot it while the space bar is the only thing left between pushing off it and being blown to bits. I'm not sure who else agrees with me, but I really hope beam jumping is removed in ESF 1.3 because it's really annoying to chase and fight against.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wont ever be removed. at least i dont think. Beam jumping was used in the show and has saved my butt in esf many many times. yeah its spammed. if you dont like the fact that its spammed just go to another server. or make your own. and if people spam it kick them. it's main intentional use was to escape to safety when low on ki or in a tight situation etc etc. I don't think many people will agree with you on your idea of it being removed me being one of them.

Best answers
I understand, but can the radius of a beam jumped blast be toned down then? And can you give me an instance as to when it was used during the show?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was used in the 21st Tenkaichi (spelling?) Budokai for non-japanese people the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament. I think the fight was Goku vs. Jackie Chun (a.k.a Master Roshi) In order for Goku to not land outside the ring he used the KHH wave to propel himself back into the ring.
On-topic: I think beam jumping is a great technique, especially if you've got a beam charged and you're being swooped on. On servers that I play on its not really spammed that much and the resulting explosion is great to ward off the attacker. I definetly hope this technique remains is ESF as its great for defence and the resulting counter-attack.

Best answers
how does beam jumping work? i've done it, but only when i'm aiming at the ground and pressing the space bar, but i've seen people beam jump in mid air with the beam nt hitting anything but air and moving sideways... how do you move sideways??? i've only been able to move straight up..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's being slowed down. You wont just be able to tap turbo and blast across the level within seconds anymore.

Best answers
Just use a generic beam so hurt as much. Oh when do BJ(Beam Jump) in mid air they hit the sides of the map. Also you can use BJ on walls. To move sides ways just move the mouse. Cool thing about this is that while BJing if somebody hits the beam they die.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you can hit the 'walls' of the map and BJ from there. I'm not sure what you mean by moving sideways.
But while you're in a BJ can you be hit? I don't think so, which means even if it gets slowed down you'll still be able to use it as a defensive retreat tactic.

Best answers
This topic has been discussed over and over again... It's certain that this feature needs some tweaks, so it isn't so spammable but, certainly,the team is working hard to improve it!

Best answers
I think this is a more suitable suggestion...

How about if beam jumping can only be done with Generic Beams (weapon 3)?
A full powered SSJ Kamehameha beam jump is enough to do quite lethal damage, like a small Spirit Bomb (Maybe I'm exagerating, but you get the idea).

Nyquist said:
This topic has been discussed over and over again... It's certain that this feature needs some tweaks, so it isn't so spammable but, certainly,the team is working hard to improve it!
You're right of course. I'll drop the issue now.

Rocky87 said:
But while you're in a BJ can you be hit? I don't think so, which means even if it gets slowed down you'll still be able to use it as a defensive retreat tactic.
You can be hit during a beam jump. A well placed basic melee attack will knock 'em senseless.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is just one thing i dont like what 1.1 still has, when you fall you just stop falling but you still fall in 1.1 .
wy dont they make it good again, i alway's play a game beamjump that way^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's being slowed down which is good, I also finding highly irritating.

It was also used by Goku in the fight against Frieza on Namek, he used a genbeam to push himself out of the way of Frieza's.

Best answers
It's undeniable that the beam jump was used in the series... but not as a form of attack! And that's why it is so spammable!

Best answers
the beamjump is handy because when someone hits it they die...
and you cant get hit when you are in BJ......
but off topic (sorry) i have a question...... in other maps there are DB but i dont know how to get those maps..... like the map APE_CITY someone said that that is a good map with the dragonballs on good places but i dont know how to get the map:'(
please tell me how to get maps with dragonballs....

Best answers
"and you cant get hit when you are in BJ......"

yes you can...i don't know what makes you think you can't.

beam jumping is part of the game and will be used in whatever way necessary the user sees fit to use it as. again this is a game not anime...it was used as an escape in the anime but can be used as whatever you feel like in the game.

Best answers
niobe said:
there is just one thing i dont like what 1.1 still has, when you fall you just stop falling but you still fall in 1.1 .
liked the falling while firing a beam too... but it just isnt realistic... well nothing in the series nor the game is but i mean true to the show....

you can get hit while BJing yes... only by beams i think tough... at least ive never been able to melee someone whos BJing...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
slowed down??? what the heck? first you make a teleporting delay, and now your slowing down beam jumping. how the hell am i supposed to get away from a gigantic blast if i can't get away in time. if your going to slow down beam jumping them make the blast radius of all beams that much smaller so we dont get hit by it. this bothers me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beam jumping has been done many times. for example, Goku used it to run away from one of Frieza's big attacks.

Best answers
incase you never noticed, any and everytime a beam is fired close range in DBZ it has a pushing effect.

not to mention that in the show, the beams are under complete control of the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom