Game speeds

Best answers
Ok im sorry if this has been posted before and it probably already has.

I was reading the forum another day and i came across a post that was asking if you could change the swooping/running speed of the game but was replied about no command for the client side but mentioned a sever side command but the command wasn't said. I was wondering if this was true and if it was can i get the command for changing the speed when you are the host of the server.

Thanks alot =)

By the way i've got nothing against the 1.2 speed, i just like the fast speed of games even though they're meant to be slow xD

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can indirectly change the speeds by altering the acceleration of movement through the air... or something along those lines... I just can't think of the cvar. It's a regular half life cvar and it'll effect everything that is launched into the air, you can probably look it up in a regular half life cvarlist.

Best answers
So this cvar just changes movement in the air not the ground? I'll try to look it up in the cvar list. Thanks alot and tell me when you remember it.

Best answers
I just tried it and it didn't work. As far as i know i don't think the speed has changed or has it just changed a little so that i havn't noticed. Btw im already in the end when im tryin this out. Any suggestions?

Best answers
hey if you find it your self post back your speeds ill try a few my self with my server

Best answers
Are the speeds meant to change a lot if you use the sv_airaccelerate 10000 command is it just for changing it only a little?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try typing sv_airaccelerate
see what value it comes up with. if its 1000 or anything dont know the correct value.

try changing it to 500 if it aint working try 100. if you dont see any difference or the opposite outcome try making it 1500/2000 or w/e

try more than one setting. and if its not working at all set it back to its original value

Best answers
ya any setting i tryed didint do jack maybe its the wrong command to be changeing

Best answers
Too bad harSens isn't here to tell us. His server now has some changed stuff. The speed aswell...
It's pretty weird fighting at the original 1.1 speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom