Australian ESF COmmunity, Admin Needed

Best answers
I am starting an Australian ESF community and need experienced web designers and programers to help me get started. I require anyone with knowledge of graphics / visual interpretation, Javascript, CGI Scripting ( C or Perl ) and anyone who might have a positive comment to add to make up a great community

The basis of the community comes about the fact that there is little knowledge of ESF in australia and not many servers, apart from oz forces and the occasional private server. My idea is to gain a group of selected users to host 4 player private games for members of the Aus ESF Community. Eventually plans will be conducted to gain sponsorship and host several proper servers.

For anyone who would like to join the community's developement team and have the required skillz or something better that i have not yet mentioned then please email me [email protected]

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, we don't allow personal ads on the forums. Advertising is only allowed in signatures.

-Karrde-

Best answers
AUP said:
Advertising

The only place you are allowed to advertise is in your signature, and you must adhere to the above signature rules. (Signatures and Avatars policy) ESF is paid for by it's creators with no reimbursement, and they quite enjoy making this mod for all of you, it is not fair for you to place a free advertising burden on their bandwidth. The sole exception to this rule is fan sites, you may advertise any ESF related site on this message board. If you lie, and advertise off site to something not ESF, you will be warned. Any violations of this rule will be treated as spam, with no exceptions.
Re-opened
10 characters

Best answers
umn, quoting ur quote, what do u think my community idea is doing, can u put my email address back there please. I'm helping to spread esf to a larger community. Down inaustralia it aint that popular so we don have many dedicated servers. I'm making a community web site to conquer this problem. I'm not advertising anyone to go away from esf for soemthing else, i'm asking people for help to get me started on my project, I've already got support from the esf-world team so this is legit, i'm not mucking around here. God could you people be so dense. I thought u want people to play ur mod. Its quite hard when there are no servers in australia, and australia's quite a large country if u bothered to check ur atlas once in a while.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MoZZa said:
umn, quoting ur quote, what do u think my community idea is doing, can u put my email address back there please. I'm helping to spread esf to a larger community. Down inaustralia it aint that popular so we don have many dedicated servers. I'm making a community web site to conquer this problem. I'm not advertising anyone to go away from esf for soemthing else, i'm asking people for help to get me started on my project, I've already got support from the esf-world team so this is legit, i'm not mucking around here. God could you people be so dense. I thought u want people to play ur mod. Its quite hard when there are no servers in australia, and australia's quite a large country if u bothered to check ur atlas once in a while.
A dev team member overturned a moderators desicion, in case you bothered to read his post . . . Your thread is reopened, and you can use the edit button to put the email back yourself. There is no way that harSens could know your email address after it was altered by Karrde.

Best answers
It would be good to see a community site for ESF down in australia. I know there is quite a large group who do play and like ESF.

As for servers there are the Ozforces ones which use to be good but with the crashing problems you dont see as many players there.

Theres a few other new ones that seem to be comming up so we will have to wait and see.

Best answers
hey mondy, what the hell is up with the oz forces servers, one minute they are up the next they are down, and how cum my server rearly crashes as much as oz forces does. The only difference i can see is unix vs windows and for onces windows is preforming better lol

Best answers
Thats just it the linux server crashes alot more then the windows one. We are just waiting on the patch.

Best answers
Windows isn't stuck with this bug, OzForces use linux.

Waiting for this patch to fix this problem is becoming almost as bad as waiting for 1.2.1 to come out in the first place. I dunno why you would even bother with an ESF community at the moment Mozza, ours has died due to poor development.

Best answers
yeah ozforces is good without all the random crashing, it's turning into exetel on NS :p. There are lots of people i know in aus that love ESF and i play with them on LAN a lot but fail to play online due to lack of a good server (some of them are on 56k :O ). Good on ya MoZZa, i'd help but, um, i cant

Best answers
would be great to have the servers back to 1.2 but i guess we have to just wait and cross out fingers that the 1.2.2 patch works

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm totally up for a decent Australian server, The OZforces servers are always down when I go to play (they're checked in favourites and are always not responding) The only time I can get a fix of ESF is when someone has a private server running which is generally not there the next time I go to play. I can't create my own internet server because my online IP address is invalid. (it starts with 192) ESF is very popular down under and I know that myself and a lot of my friends will be very happy if this server gets put up.

Best answers
TonkBar said:
Windows isn't stuck with this bug, OzForces use linux.

Waiting for this patch to fix this problem is becoming almost as bad as waiting for 1.2.1 to come out in the first place. I dunno why you would even bother with an ESF community at the moment Mozza, ours has died due to poor development.
No offense, poor developement didn't kill the oz forces community. Server uptime killed it, People could live with the crash knowing they could prevent it. Example not using ki blobs. But the servers became heavily inactive.

My community will be using windows based servers, hey what do u know, not as buggy, greater uptime.

Also there is no great different between the linux and windows version. The only difference is how they are ocmpiled. Linux is very strict on memory access and its security is whats causing esf to malfunction. Windows is more lenient and the problem is solved. greater access to resources means the computer will slow but at least u keep your players happy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just so you know, Ki blobs don't crash servers. you could have a million ki blobs and the only problem you would have are really low frames. thats about it. wait about 30ish minutes those blobs will go away.

as for on topic. if im not mistaken KWS's server is a linux server... i haven't seen it randomly crash yet. only see it crash due to entmod. other then that its fine.

Best answers
umm i think that kiblob thing was kinda an example....but ne ways
yea i look forward to and aussie community and servers.....its not easy playing wit 200+ ping and ppl that dontspeak the same language(no offence)

too bad i got nothing to offer the endevour but my credit card...and ull only get about a buck fifty at that LOL!!!!!! hahah jk.......

Best answers
MoZZa; I shall take great pleasure in correcting you. :)

The OzForces servers are hardly ever down, they were down periodically due to the attempted install of AMX, but they went straight back up again. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the proper IP address's, as far as I know, only one has changed recently.

OzForces.com| Public # 1 ESF - 203.17.15.215:27040
OzForces.com| Public # 2 ESF 1.2.1 - 203.17.15.217:27020

These are both up and running. (1/10/04 1:11pm GMT) Both servers are 1.2.1 and both will crash quite nicely on a regular basis until this new patch comes out.

Fire Pheonix said:
Just so you know, Ki blobs don't crash servers. you could have a million ki blobs and the only problem you would have are really low frames. thats about it. wait about 30ish minutes those blobs will go away.
Then what is it? If no one is in the servers, they don't crash, if someone enters, fires a kiblob and leaves, 5-10 minutes later the server is down, we don't have a 30min waiting period to see them actually disapear. :)

Best answers
Hey im all for a larger aussie esf community :)
in fact, there are also 2 permanent servers from gamespace, which is hosted by my isp netspace

Gamespace.net.au ESF #1 - 203.34.186.16:27020
Gamespace.net.au ESF #2 - 203.34.186.16:27025

If people dont start using these its entirely possible gamespace will shut them down! Give these a try alongside OzForces :laff:

Best answers
Effigy said:
Hey im all for a larger aussie esf community :)
in fact, there are also 2 permanent servers from gamespace, which is hosted by my isp netspace

Gamespace.net.au ESF #1 - 203.34.186.16:27020
Gamespace.net.au ESF #2 - 203.34.186.16:27025

If people dont start using these its entirely possible gamespace will shut them down! Give these a try alongside OzForces :laff:
you sure thier there i couldnt find them on the ip's

Best answers
I'm all up for an Aussie server. The OzForces one kinda drives me nuts sometimes. I can't really program well but I'd be happy to help in whatever way you'd like me too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom