ctbd: wish replacement for frendship

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey every1 , been my first post in a while ,

each time a play a ctbd , i see no purpose in having another wish point ,i was thinknig it could maybe be replace with some of the following ideas i came up with (or 1)

team powerboost , depending on the amount of players on your team , u could divide 1mil pl wish into smaller amounts for your team m8s. let's say u have ten playes on your team , 1mill could be spilt bewtween 10 playes , getting 100,000 pl bost , (i reckon there could be a set limit for this on how many times ucould do it , or let the host configure it in the server optionsxample : power bost - 1 mil 2 mil or 2 mil , that would be sharded evenly amoung the team)

wish for speed - (put limits on)

a player could wish for extra speed , let's say about an increase of about 10 or 20 would be fair , this should have set limits in the game or server options

i have a couple more i am thinking of , which i may post later if ican think of it (the way i am thinking about a replacement wish for frendship is stragey and fairness)

critz , coments ?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does the friendship wish actually do? I never figured it out. I like the team wish idea. It definetly encourages more team work which I think is the right direction for ESF. Speed sounds good too, maybe make that a 4th wish.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
friendship to me seems to do nothing , on the tab stas , it's just gives u an extra wish point , so at the end of around someone could say "we beat u in wish points" which would sound idiotic , wish points are also added for just doing a wish for power , but it seems pointless to wish for nothing that would benifiet u

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you gotta think, CTDB is SUPPOST to be like Capture the flag, so the "we beat you in wish points" doesnt seem as idiotic if you think of it like "We beat you in flag captures." in a Capture the flag game. Yes i know no one plays for captures for ctdb, but its in experimental. It will eventually be played like that.

On Topic: I like the Team power boost idea. For better teamwork.

Though i think speed boost should be a significant increase but temporary, like imortality.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly why you can say that "we beat you in wishes" its hard to accomplish in a real game and map.

that knt_Arena or whatever is a cheat map for the balls, thats not one to count.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same with the b3_cellgames map, but the whole point of CTDB is to get first to 10 wish points (default) so you only have to get five wishes if you wish for friendship each time to win the match, Taco Man is right tho, it is insanely hard to collect the points, especially on games with more than 4 people, so you'd probably wish for the wish point to double the fruits of your labour when you do. Wishing for speed has been suggested before but I like the idea of splitting the 1mil amongst the team.

Best answers
Good idea that of the split pl for the team! Never could really understand either what friendship does!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose when this game is out of beta stages and people are having all out clan wars and such the wishes are going to be important, so then they should keep it, but how about renaming it. I mean Friendship doesn't (to me) sound like you're getting an extra wish point. I can't actually think of a new name but you get what I'm saying right?

Best answers
If I knew what friendship actually was, then I would have an opinion on if it should be renamed or not!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe you could set ctdb in a timer. like 4/5 minutes to accomplish the mission.

otherwise this mode wont ever be played the way it was ment to.

another gamemode could be having a bunch of namekians scattered in the good teams base.
the good team will have to defend the namekians while the evil team has to kill them. only way they could be killed is if the were meleed by the evil team.

using this defend the " " mode would really serve using gohans shield.

bleh this idea can use some more thought

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
5 minutes isn't long enough to collect all the dragonballs (at least in big games) But I get what you're saying. Dunno if the timer is neccessary but.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I knew what friendship actually was, then I would have an opinion on if it should be renamed or not!
Friendship is one of the wishes you can have when you collect all the dragonballs, when you make any wish you get one wish point (of which you need ten to win the round) but friendship gives you two. So you only have to collect the balls 5 times if you wish for friendship each time, so your team will win the round faster.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Friendship is one of the wishes you can have when you collect all the dragonballs, when you make any wish you get one wish point (of which you need ten to win the round) but friendship gives you two. So you only have to collect the balls 5 times if you wish for friendship each time, so your team will win the round faster.
it just sounds pointless to me , why don't u just win the round by killing your opponents (that's what i mainly consider esf to be made up of , killing people with ki or melee , getting stronger) and no , i'm not sayying wishing for strength is unfair , i'm just sayying there could be another wish to replace friend ship , since i see no point in it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well CTDB is sort of ESF's version of Capture The Flag, when you get X amount of captures (wishes) you win. I'm all for adding another kind of wish, but not removing friendship. Heres some ideas.

Saviour: Your team gets a super bot with 'best' difficulty for 120 seconds or so.

Rage: Everyone on the team gets a 60 seconds of an automatic super form, the auras turn red and everyone on the wishing teams speed and PL doubles.

Fighting Spirit: Infinite KI when HP drops below 5.

Knowledge Of The Kai's: Wisher can use spirit bomb until death.

Divine Support: Some gold beams fire out of Shenron's model and shoot randomly at the opposing team, 2 beams per enemy. Beams have same strength as a fully charged Final Flash (one hit, one kill, large explosions)

Ascension: All members of the wishing team automatically ascend to their highest form for 60 seconds.

Dende's Healing: Wishing teams health slowly recovers for 120 seconds.

Guardian Angel: Player will survive one fatal attack if unblocked via automatically swatting it away like in a blockstruggle.

Group Strength: 1mil PL is divided equally amongst the team

Speed: Your speed increases by 20 (but returns to default on death)

Group Speed: 20 speed is divided equally amongst the team, on death the dying players speed resets to default.

Group Immortality: Everyone on the wishing team is immune to damage for 30 seconds.

Strength
Friendship
Immortality

That's all i've got so far, please add more.

I'm not saying include all the wishes, that would be crazy, but maybe have it like in Budokai where you get three random options to choose from out of all the above, and you pick one out of those 3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saviour wouldn't work if the server is full. I don't really like that one.

I like rage, but if its a large team game wouldn't it be a bit much?

Fighting spirit is good needs limits.

Knowledge of the kai's is pretty good.

Divine Support is a very good one.

Ascension is nice as well, but I think make it only for the wisher. as if the whole team has it they would just own the other team.

Dende's healing sounds good.

Guardian angel sounds good but its pretty weak in comparison to other more useful wishes.

Group strength/speed/group speed all mentioned before and all very good ideas.

Group Immortalit again I think a bit overpowered.

I got a few to add.

Resurrection Next time you die you get 'wished' back. OR Wipes deaths off your score. (pick one, i like both)

Lose Power Wishes the opposing team to lose 1 million off their powerlevels (divided by the number of team members) Its the opposite of wishing for power.

Death Targets the top player of the opposing team and kills him.

What do you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like ressurection, once the player is killed they just get back up again with full health and ki, but it only happens once per wish.

Lose Power and Death are both unwishable in the show (except for Evil Shenron/Blackstar Balls) and I don't think it would be very fair to just lower their power, or to have something that kills their best player instantly. I assume it would also generate a lot of negative feedback from the victims, something along the lines of "OMFG you suxXing cheap wh0r3!!1"

Rejuvination Whole teams HP+KI are fully restored (like Porunga's final wish in DBZ) and team members PL's are rounded up to the nearest 100'000.

E.M.P (couldn't think of a better name) Disables enemy scouters for 3 minutes

Telepathy Wishing team sees all opposing teams team-messages. (really just for fun)

Mass Senzu Everyone on the team gets a senzu bean to use at their discretion. This is like Rejuvination except you get to choose when you want the instant heal, but you don't get the PL boost.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
on death the dying players speed resets to 0
That would be dumb.
Rocky your ideas are good. Yours 2 ravendust.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last edited by Ravendust : Today at 06:05 PM. Reason: Said '0' when I meant 'default'
Today, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravendust
on death the dying players speed resets to 0
That would be dumb
It's a close thing, but I edited the post to change '0' to 'default' 10 minutes before you quoted me and posted that. I meant default, I saw it and changed it then you posted that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it took me some time to read all that thread... sry. Anyways
Quote:
"team members PL's are rounded up to the nearest 100'000."

what do you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom