Stockpiling Power

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread runs along a similar line to the much hated 'saving powerlevels' threads that the team get bombarded with (and deny)

However this ideas a bit different, instead of saving it, would it be possible to keep it between rounds? That way if the round ends or somebody changes the map, your powerlevel data is sent to the server and is stored there temporarily, then when the next map starts the server returns the data to the client and their PL is restored to its former glory. The data is then deleted from the server and clients computers until the next map change (where it is rebuilt) so it wouldn't be possible to carry it between servers. However if you disconnect or change servers it returns to default.

This would be good if people are playing a map and want to change because they're getting bored of it, but don't want to because they'll have to build up their power from scratch in the next round.

I think it should be a server option whether they want Powerlevel Stockpiling or not. I got the name from Worms2, where you can stockpile any collected weapons for later rounds, but not for later games. Same applies here.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This makes more sense then other similar threads on this topic. I for one don't like changing maps as I lose all the power that I spent so long saving. It does however have the same drawbacks as the other similar suggestions. A person could be playing for a number of hours across different maps and have a huge power level, when someone new joins they'll be quite disadvantaged. Not sure about this one it has pro's and con's

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything does, rocky. It reminds me of the SuperHero mod for CS. Yet another disadvantage I have found. With the Superhero mod you could change the xp for everyone. Give xp, restart etc. thats not so good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah and in that super hero mod if you recently join in you get killed before you leave your spawn point. Its really not fun for people who recently join the server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back on topic though, it's the same as when a person joins a server thats been playing longer and they start off with a comparitivley low PL, just a bit more extreme.

Either the 'balance powerlevel' (plcatchup) server option takes care of that, or they gain much more PL when fighting compared to the others until they're roughly on par with everyone else. I'm not suggesting them, they're already in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it takes longer to catch up to 10 million (for example) then it does to catch up to 5 million. People might get bored of being killed a number of times till they reach a level at which they can at least contest the higher powers.

Best answers
I like that idea, but it shouldn't be used in public servers, but if you created a server and wanted that option I guess it's ok, since if you're playing with your friends and want to keep your pl and change map (because you're bored of that map), I think it's reasonable... but in public servers it would be quite unfair!

Best answers
This will be needed especially in 1.3 where you build your char all the way to SSJ3 and if server changes map, you gotta start from scratch.
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: (5/5)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So imagine a ssj3 from three maps ago. Then imagine a newly connected Trunks. Everytime he hits Goku he'll do something like 2 damage. Sure he'll get to trans pretty quickly, but it'll take a really long time for him to catch up and be competition for Goku. I think leave it for LAN games and keep it out of public servers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if its a server option then it's down to the server (LAN or Online) whether they want it in or not, and if you don't like it, don't play on the server. DracoHeart has a point, once you've spent forever getting to SSJ3, you'll lose it all at the next map change.

I read the sticky and it says "powerlevels are something you'll always have to work for", but in my idea you're still working for it, you just get to keep your hard earned work for longer.

Best answers
only problem is if a heavy spammer joined that has alot of time on his hands stays on the server for hours upon ending killing everyone :p...but if you made it a server option that would fix that since most people would just use it for lan parties or private 1v1 servers........i like this idea seems it would be essential for 1.3 :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a solution to the heavy spammer thing, I admit that would be a temporary problem, but if the admin saw it as a problem then he could kick the spammer so that when they rejoin the server they'd be back to their default PL. With the powerlevel balancing flag on I don't think it would present too much of a problem.

No suggestion is perfect, so thanks for pointing out flaws I didn't think of, it helps to improve the suggestion when thinking of solutions to them.

Best answers
I just want 2 remind something 2 everyone. When you talk about server balance, u must remember its double sided. What i mean is that if u have 6000000 pl, and get killed while the rest of the server is weak, your pl would drop, for the ballance. therefore, getting to an extremely high pl with a server full of noobs would b hard. Also, if da team will add a new server cvar, lets say pl_limit or something, this could b a gd sollution... ;)

Best answers
maybe for an addition, if the server is a team server, then an additional option might be this:
Equal powerlevel inside teams.

Example:
you have these players
Goku 13.000.000
Vegeta 7.000.000
Gohan 3.000.000
Trunks 9.000.000

With the option on this will be the teams:
Goku and Gohan
Vegeta and Trunks

Ofcourse it will never be exactly right, but this option can get it as equal as possible.

This option only counts when the "save powerlevel after current round" is on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that works well too, but i'd like to see it as a flag for the original option (this thread) because if i'm in a team with a bunch on lamers who blow themselves up then they'll just be draining all the powerlevel i've earned and i'll never get to trans, whereas if it keeps individual powerlevels then you're responsible for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom