Bot Commanding

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't know whether this should be in bots or suggestions seeing as its a suggestion for the esf bots :p

Anyway I thought maybe have a basic command system like the Counter-Strike bots have, but adjusted for ESF. So you can order them about a bit.

Ideas for commands:

-Stay Together: All friendly bots come to you and fly in your general vicinity.
-Attack: All friendly bots become aggressive
-Spread Out: All bots keep a certain distance from each other.
-Defend: All friendly bots teleport, dodge and block more
-Return To Me: Like Stay Together, except they don't follow you afterwards, it just brings all friendly bots to one point.
-Collect The Dragonballs: Once CTDB has bot support (apparently 70% done) then all bots fly off and get a dragonball, then bring them back to you.
-Melee Only: Friendly bots only melee
-Energy Only: Friendly bots only use energy
-Freelance: Returns bots to normal.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking of requesting something like this.

You can kind of control them if you check out the advanced bot menu, bot not as precise as what you've suggested.

I think its a very very good idea. Maybe in later bot versions it'll be included.

Best answers
I'm quite bored with some of the servers... so making better bots would be really nice!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
nice suggestion.
Yeah,in the last time there is not much posts in the bot section.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come to think of it it's more like the command feature in Unreal Tournament, the text message comes up on screen for all to see (other players of the same team can read it), but the bots follow the command, then you can issue further commands from there. I think it would be nice to have some in-game control (bot menu aside) over the rest of your (bot) teammates, and maybe add a bit more tactical/strategic depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom