anyone find any good MMORGP's out there?

Best answers
just post em here so others can try em out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GUNBOUND! Thats the only one i play ATM. Others say that
Ragnarok online is pretty good, i havn't played it though.

And if ur into disney, you can go play toon town XD.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.darkeden.com/en/

Dark Eden. Diablo 2 esque, pretty simple, a good fun time waster, and it's free. It's a lot of fun if you stick with it long enough to get a bit strong. Wandering around with other players killing NPC monsters is fun, master lairs are just nuts, race war is fun, PKing the other race can be a lot of fun. Or if you get bored, you can go wander into the other race's n00b areas and actually try to help some of their new players get exp and money :p

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ragnarok Online
Final Fantasy XI (subscription needed)
Priston Tale (ditto)
Fung Wan Online (ditto)

Bolteh2

B
crazykorean10 said:
WOW(world of warcraft) comming out this november
dude.. europe beta has just started.. and they have yet to do the open beta... we wont see wow untill 2005 at least

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gunbound isn't a MMORPG, Enix. -_-;

City of Heroes is good, but gets boring FAST.

Ragnarok Online is fun for awhile, but so many people have their computers (botting) play for them, that it's pointless.

Anarchy Online.. I haven't played since the expansion, but I played the original, and it was laggy, full of bugs, terrible AI, and a boring universe. Maybe it's changed.

EVE Online.. a very impressive MMORPG, that's way too in-depth and detailed for the average gamer. If you like sci-fi, and you like reading, you'd probably really enjoy this game. This game shows the true 'loneliness' of space--not that there aren't many people playing it, but space is gigantic and your chances of running into people is rather low, even if you join organizations.

World of Warcraft.. Meh, I played in the beta. It's okay.. It's laggy, also full of bugs, but it's still in the Beta stage, so they might get them worked out. Although it seems like "just another MMORPG/EQ clone."

Guild Wars is an upcoming MMORPG that looks pretty good--skill based fighting, instead of level based characters, with an emphasis on team tactics. (This is made by ArenaNet, and some of the lead developers formerly worked for Blizzard, 2 making WC3 and 2 making Diablo2, I believe.)

Dark Age of Camelot/Asheron's Call.. I wouldn't really try these in a million years. Everybody I've ever talked to about these says they're garbage EQ clones.

Pristontale is a.. interesting.. attempt to make a MMORPG that's like a combination of Diablo2, and Ragnarok Online. It was very laggy when I played, and believe it or not, the playerbase is TOO international. MANY people have absolutely -no- knowledge of English, which makes finding groups/etc sort of difficult.

Horizons.. I tried this game a few months ago. Good graphics, VERY interesting story, but sort of laggy, and it ran with bad FPS (Even though I'm on a dual GHz p4, and a 9800XT.. People say that ATI cards don't run well on this game,) also the game is nearly dead, playerwise. The company who made it filed for bankruptcy (I wonder why..) but the game is still being hosted. The world is almost empty, and there are only about 200 people on each server.

Final Fantasy XI. An interesting game, with a semi-interesting 'story.'
This game emphasizes group-play over anything else, and even if you want to be a craftsman, you have to hunt anyway in order to get enough gil to make things/crystals to produce things. There's not much to do in this game besides hunt/do quests, and the Japanese population in the game isn't overly friendly to people who don't speak Japanese, which makes grouping at higher levels more and more difficult. (as it's been out longer in Japan.) Also, FFXI gets very boring when you get tired of seeing the same enemies over and over, with different names and stats, instead of making more monsters.

Anyway.. Hope this helped somebody.

Bolteh2

B
well.. wow beta is more stable than eq/lineage retail... really (stresstested, hoping to get in europe beta)

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Dark Age of Camelot. I wouldn't really try these in a million years. Everybody I've ever talked to about these says they're garbage EQ clones.
Actully, DAoC is the best MMO I have ever played yet, played it for over two years and then ran out of time to play it.

RYL, FFXI and RO are the three im playing now. I plan to go back to DAoC when Catacombs comes out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhh theres this really old one called the real life mmorpg that is really sweet

Best answers
Oh I remember that real life one...think I still have an account going in it, don't know I don't really spend much time in it

I too often find MMORPGs too repetitive and boring after a few weeks, I just don't have the attention span for them

Best answers
Hehe I play FFXI, and (not MMORPG) Gunbound. FFXI is very addictive but costs $$$$. The europe release is in the shops now. I think its £7 a month or something. If you have alot of time and can speak some japanese this is definatly the game for you.

Saying that, I have also played Lineage II which is farily good, BUT you can PK so I warn you... stay away from people who LOOK like n00bs, they will suddenly whip out "teh ub3r g0d b0wz" and kick your behind with it.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Gunbound isn't a MMORPG, Enix. -_-;

EVE Online.. a very impressive MMORPG, that's way too in-depth and detailed for the average gamer. If you like sci-fi, and you like reading, you'd probably really enjoy this game. This game shows the true 'loneliness' of space--not that there aren't many people playing it, but space is gigantic and your chances of running into people is rather low, even if you join organizations.
Thats the one i prefer as well ;D

Best answers
MU online. Quite simple to understand, has some inner tricks, but get boring after a month or 2.
Im correctly playing it, its fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom