News from Steam site

Best answers
at 11 am PST, the Half-Life 2 Steam offers will be ready for purchase. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.
ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.

Also tomorrow, the Counter-Strike: Source beta will close. Valve would like to thank the thousands of gamers who participated in the beta and helped make it a success.

For more detailed information, please visit
tonight the game is avaible to buy from steam but the game code will be released when it is avaible in the shops.

Best answers
For those that don't know.......

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers

BRONZE -- $49.95

* Half-Life 2*
* Counter-Strike: Source
*To be made available upon product's release.

SILVER -- $59.95

* Half-Life 2*
* Half-Life 1: Source*
* Day of Defeat: Source*
* Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
*To be made available upon products' release.

GOLD -- $89.95

* Half-Life 2*
* Half-Life 1: Source*
* Day of Defeat: Source*
* Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
* Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
* 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
* Half-Life Collector's box
* Half-Life 2 hat
* Half-Life 2 postcard
* Half-Life 2 stickers
* Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
* Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

* To be made available upon products' release.
**1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just played CS: Source on my brother's pc, and man does it own ^_^
It's basically the same gameplay (which is good), but aiming has been improved IMO.
And, of course, way better graphics. Especially the model animations impressed me, very smooth. Don't have anything bad to say about the game yet :)
I'm definitely getting the Collector's Edition ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nabeshin said:
tonight the game is avaible to buy from steam but the game code will be released when it is avaible in the shops.
That's lame as hell. "You pay us now, and you'll get it as soon as it's done.",

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is done. You get it when it goes public.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
er no...because if it was done it would have gone gold. i think this is a desperate cry from a dying company, almost as if everyone is suddenly pulling funds from them cos they suck....

and now they want you, the gu....loyal fans to fund them!

good luck suckers ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You get CS: S and all the other games as soon as you pay, but you get HL2 once its released. Im gonna do it soon, im gonna get the bronze package i guess. Just gotta get some money.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my question is can you still download dod:source and hl1:source if you just get bronze?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think so, cause CS: S is the only one in the "Just Released" box. So i say no.

The other ones are in the "Coming Soon" box.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm telling you, guys: Don't give Valve a CENT until HL2 is released. You never know when they'll pull a BULL BEEP delay out of their ass, and you get stuck waiting another 6 months after they have your money.

You have HL2 pre-loaded? Good. But don't give them your money until it's done!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You think i would pay $50 for HL2? Bah....im buying it for CS: S. And if and when HL2 is released, i will play that. But i would rather paly CS: S then HL2.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why anyone would pay for something that u cant actualy have right away is beyond me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats the reason they threw in the CS: S perk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that doesnt make it any less dumb just means u get a lame second cop out game with ur game that u cant play until they say its ok

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like they haven't gotten enough money up front already on this game.

Does this mean I have to pay money for CS:S?

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
er no...because if it was done it would have gone gold. i think this is a desperate cry from a dying company, almost as if everyone is suddenly pulling funds from them cos they suck....

and now they want you, the gu....loyal fans to fund them!

good luck suckers ;)
Actually, HL2 is done, Vivendi has to say "Ok we like this lez make it gold", but due to a legal battle between them it might not go gold for a while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tsunami said:
Actually, HL2 is done, Vivendi has to say "Ok we like this lez make it gold", but due to a legal battle between them it might not go gold for a while.
Exactly, and I think that's exactly why Valve has made it possible to order it on Steam now, while on the same time enabling people to play CS Source.
They're raking in the cash now, and the longer VUG waits, the more orders will be placed on Steam.
IMO :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so then what happens if the legal battle never ends? or vivendi decide they dont want it to go gold? ever thought of that?

also, just IF valve are in financial trouble, and they file for bankruptcy, you realise that you will be the LAST people to get your money back IF you get it at all? the liquidation process means that companies like vivendi, sierra etc. will get all the money that valve have before any of you suckers do.

short term, never a borrower or a lender be sounds like a good phrase here, your basically lending valve your money on the premise that "one day" half life2 will be released. and ur a fool if you do it.

Best answers
I've seen this yesterday as soon as i turned steam on. Sadly, i'm dissapointed now. I fully agree with what Almighty_gir says at this moment. I'm just gonna buy it off of steam and see what happens. Heck, i'll wait to see who gets sued first (sarcasm)

btw- If there's a HL: Source... wouldn't it just be a remake with HL graphics or is it the same but with stuff implimented?

jeez i havent posted in ages...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
that doesnt make it any less dumb just means u get a lame second cop out game with ur game that u cant play until they say its ok

I'm with you Hibiki. I was going to preorder.......but I would only get CS: S Now? That....THAT is a ripoff. I'm sorry. But I'm a CS Hater by nature...I'll wait until it's released before I do anything....so HURRY UP WITH HL2!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom