Best Game Type?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to go with Fighting games. The fun factor never dies for me... and the speed and intensity it sometimes take with these games is what really does it. Fighters like Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Tekken 1-4, DOA 1, Mortal Kombat III, and Street Fighter 3rd Strike would be my first choices if I went to heaven... and God asked me what games I wanted.

FPS are a close second, yes indeed. Goldeneye 64, Perfect Dark, CS, TFC, Turok I-II, Battlefield 1942, and Half-Life are all games that had me extremely trigger happy.

Third... I'd say strategy games. Age of Empires and Sim City fairly cover it all when it comes to strategy games. Creating a society/civilization and watching it flurish is very fun to me.

Which game type is the best to you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a really really really tough choice for me, but ultimately i'll say I have to choose FPS games. Albeit, only by an extremely small margirin. Strategy and fighting games are an extremely close second though, basically a tie. Then hot on the heels of those three is platforming games.

I like the first three so much though, that their basically all tied for first, with platforming at a close second. But I had to make a choice for the purpose of the poll.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm.. I'm an 'eclectic gamer.' I like ALL sorts of games..
Platformers.. Lots of Mario/Sonic games..

RPGs in particular.. FF6, FF7, StarOcean2/3, Tales of Symphonia, Grandia 2, Legend of Legaia1/2, the old school ones like Terranigma, Chronotrigger.. Arc the Lad: Spirits of the Twilights..

FPS's.. (as long as they have some kind of futuristic weapons--straight out guns bore me)

SOME Puzzle games. Like Wetrix, Tetris..

Fighting games--Soul Calibur, Tekken Tag, Super Smash Bros is sort of a fighting game, Fighting Vipers I loved, VirtuaFighter 2, I loved.. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo..
I really like Adventure games, like the Monkey Island series..

MMORPGs, but I usually get bored of them fast.

RTS.. I really like Warcraft3's custom games, not the real game itself too much. Also liked Starcraft/BW..

All sorts of games.

Which kind of games do I hate? As I said before, crappy all-gun games. *coughcough, Counterstrike..coughcough*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love all sorts of games, especially sports and fighting.. but the best and most interesting are role playing games (role playing is like final fantasy right?)

well if it is then yeah thats the one... because theres so much to do, its challenging and usually long as hell so its good. i dont really like games you can beat in a day.. but theyre still fun

Best answers
Depends on the day of the week :p my tastes change every time i turn on a pc or console. AWt the moment it has to be strat thoe. The new patch has re-kindled my love for warcraft :)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have to say RPG first, the deeper the story the more you get involved. I still play Zelda: OoT on my N64.
FPS second, as you said goldeneye and perfect dark, cs are all great games.
Third I'd say strategy, AoE was my first strategy and I'm a big fan of C&C games. I've always loved making armies and crushing my enemies. trouble with strategy games is, I suck at them :(.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fps games rule the roost for me :)

RTS games come a close second!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rpg's.

The overall scope of the games, the depth, character development and longitivity far exceeds 90% of the other genres.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love fighting games, even though I have not played Tekken or any of the *good* fighting games =(

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rpg. Neverwinter Nights (+ expansions). Baldurs Gate I & II. Diablo I & II. Elder scrolls:Morrowind (+ expansions). Rage of mages I & II. Magic and Mayhem.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If anything, my poll has proven that we're a RPG community. Which is something I am more than proud to be a part of.

Best answers
This is a tough one. I'd have to go with RPG, I find myself playing them more than anything else. I play FPS's more, but for fun factor, I go with Fighting games, can't go wrong with a Street Fighter tournament between the buddies. I like RTS's too, been having a blast with Rome: Total War.

Best answers
have to go with roleplaying. loved golden sun, runescape and morrowind, playing trough FFX now
second place goes to 3rd person shooters or fighting.
for fighting theres only one of the games i have here i didnt like, capcom vs SNK 2, really hurts my fingers playing it for half an hour, or even less

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RPG then FPS, Deus Ex combines both into an uncontrollably orgasmic gaming experience.

Best answers
FPS and RPG are on a tie for me. I love RPG's but find myself playing games like Halo or Max Payne much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom