New Melee System?

Best answers
Will there be a new melee system? Because I hear a lot of people say they dont like the melee system or something and that it should really be changed. I want to know why so many people dislike the way the melee system works, I kinda think it gets boring a after awhile myself but I dont know why everyone hates it. Say why YOU like or dislike the melee system so that the ESF team can fix it for 1.3.

Best answers
I think they already have something planned for a new style of melee, personally I think advanced melee is allot more skilled than 1.1 style....but lets not start a flame war over this because its just my opinion....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im sorry i dont mean to flame on this but how in the heck would advanced melee be alot more skilled than basic melee all your doing is pressing buttons in accordance with arrows i can see how that might improve your reaction time a little bit but thats really it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tapping more than one button in succession responding to a visual cue

OR

Holding one button and aiming at the enemy.

Hmm...skill?

I don't think they're adding anything mechanics wise...if they are it hasn't been mentioned much on the forum.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No turning this into a basic melee vs advanced melee flame fest. I've got my eye on this thread.

-Karrde-

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like both. Both require different skills. While Advanced needs fast reactions to the arrows that appear, it can be very slow and two people who are professional at advanced melee will get boring because nobody will hit anybody. Simple melee doesn't require good hand-eye coordination but it does require fast reactions, to evade your opponent and hit them back.

Best answers
i like both the advanced and the basic melee, the only thing is i dont like the random arrows, it kinda takes away from the "u have to know what u are doing." people are good at it tho, mixing up the arrows to confuse others which is probably the point, and i give them credit cause they gotta anticiapte the next arrow and ppl can do that, but its annoying when a ssj fights a normal guy and all he sees it random arrows... not to put down advanced melee tho i love em both

Best answers
OK PEOPLE LISTEN IM ASKING NOT IF YOU LIKE BASIC OR ADVANCED MELEE IM SAYING WILL IT BE CHANGED?! Im hearing a lot of people say they hate both types of melee and that it should be like you stay in combat (thats cool) but each character has there own types of moves, some have their advantages and disadvantages which makes the game more realistic and therefore it make the game a hell a lot more fun, for EXAMPLE: Trunks has a super sword slash melee attack and Goku counters with a special combo with certain buttons like the up arrow is punch and the down arrow is kick and the left arrow is like a power back kick but slower and right arrow is a power punch but slower and when you add all that stuff together it makes an awsome combos like Goku ends up doing like 20 kicks all random like front kick back kick side kick drop kick tornado kick steping stool kick ect. AND there should also be a blocking system like you make Q block and when you hold Q down you enter the blocking system and say you hold Q down and you enter blocking you use the arrow keys to block like High, Middle, or Low or Behind you. Basically it recieves it's influence from a console controller!

Best answers
Ultimate Trunks said:
OK PEOPLE LISTEN IM ASKING NOT IF YOU LIKE BASIC OR ADVANCED MELEE IM SAYING WILL IT BE CHANGED?! Im hearing a lot of people say they hate both types of melee and that it should be like you stay in combat (thats cool) but each character has there own types of moves, some have their advantages and disadvantages which makes the game more realistic and therefore it make the game a hell a lot more fun, for EXAMPLE: Trunks has a super sword slash melee attack and Goku counters with a special combo with certain buttons like the up arrow is punch and the down arrow is kick and the left arrow is like a power back kick but slower and right arrow is a power punch but slower and when you add all that stuff together it makes an awsome combos like Goku ends up doing like 20 kicks all random like front kick back kick side kick drop kick tornado kick steping stool kick ect. AND there should also be a blocking system like you make Q block and when you hold Q down you enter the blocking system and say you hold Q down and you enter blocking you use the arrow keys to block like High, Middle, or Low or Behind you. Basically it recieves it's influence from a console controller!
I completely agree with this member. Although im new to the forums im pretty familiar with ESF and its fighting system. Enabling The fighting system to be fast pace and more controllable will make it feel more like DBZ. When i fight i actually wanna see switches off offence and defence.I dont like seeing a SSJ Goku and Krillin taking turns swinging at each other. This will knock up a lot of points in my rating for this game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i do want to see a better blocking system where the block is good for both advanced and basic melee and not just for block struggles its pretty useless other than struggles

Best answers
A good way to improve the system is to add a blocking system. (im talking about regular blocking you know when you put your arms up, and block). Like it could be the counter to randoms, but your block can be broken by Strong hits only, or something along those lines, but once your block is broken your subjected to more hits. Well kind of like it is now except damnit I can't really explain it now. I'll think of some omre stuff later.

Best answers
Ultimate Trunks said:
THAT EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING lol guys read this carefully all the things you just said is right here. I really think this is how the new melee system should be. If it was like this Im sure a lot more people would play this game I guarentee it.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basic Melee is being changed. Check a thread in the suggestion forum. (its pretty recent and its been said by Sonic Boyster.)

Best answers
Im just saying this is the way melee should be in ESF. When you Picture Dragon BallZ you picture the kind of fighting I posted, not first you attack me then I attack you melee.

Best answers
like zomg advanced melee r0x0r j00!!!.... -cough- <_<...............>_>....<_<

I agree though, the blocking system is lame, but is quite true to DBZ

Best answers
ugh..... just ugh. ppl consider something else besides the obvious two (basic and advance) Honestly if the controls were to convert a bit more like a console controller it would be alot better.

Best answers
lol that would be interesting for it to be on a console controller R1-L1 switch moves..the double tap thing would be weird so maybe you could add a toggle thing or something of the sort for controller users but other than that you could make it pretty easy to use on a ps2 controller

Best answers
I think in adv melee right after you Dodge something you should be able to retaliate, even in the middel of there attacks.

<, ^, >, ^

I dodge <, and then do a hit, and he dodges it, then i block *yes block), then he dodges my punch, but you would have to be quick to relataliate like that though. like you will have like .1 sec to hit back. It would work like; When being attacked your dodging, now right after you a dodge a arrow hold punch or kick, and hit a arrow real fast, and you will do an attack and throw them off. There arrow inputs will continue to go as inputted, but except that you can input an attack when while they are attacking, and break up there input, if you hit them. Also causing them to be stunned. Now if adv melee worked like this I would love it even more.

Best answers
I still think this way is the best

Im hearing a lot of people say they hate both types of melee and that it should be like you stay in combat (thats cool) but each character has there own types of moves, some have their advantages and disadvantages which makes the game more realistic and therefore it makes the game a hell a lot more fun, for EXAMPLE: Trunks has a super sword slash melee attack and Goku counters with a special combo with certain buttons like the up arrow is punch, and the down arrow is kick, and the left arrow is like a power back kick (but slower), and right arrow is a power punch (but slower) and when you add all that stuff together it makes an awsome combos like Goku ends up doing like 20 kicks all random like front kick, back kick, side kick, drop kick, tornado kick, round house kick, ect. AND there should also be a blocking system like you make Q block and when you hold Q down you enter the blocking system. Say you hold Q down and you enter blocking you use the arrow keys to block like High, Middle, or Low or Behind you. I dont like the fact that you take turns hitting each other (like the game body shots) Basically it recieves it's influence from a console controller!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom