What is the full Halflife story?

Best answers
Hey i was thinking here the other day about the halflife story and i never understood it quite 100 %.. the gman is kinda mumbling in the end :p anyway, would someone tell me what the full story is, all of it.. It would be nice :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, someone bought the "Counter-Strike Retail" game...

Just buy Half-Life... I was going to explain to you the storyline till I got half-way done through typing the beginning part and I realized how long its going to take to type down the Half-Life plot. Unless someone can sum it all up in a few sentences... Too lazy to think

Best answers
Let's see...

The sample which was used in the experiment came from Xen. When Gordon pushed it into the beam, it caused a "resonance cascade" which caused a portal to open between Xen and Earth, causing all the nasty critters to be teleported into Black Mesa.

The military which were sent into Black Mesa had orders to kill everyone associated with the project, most importantly Gordon.

Gordon managed to survive the horrors and many dangers that lurked inside Black Mesa, but meanwhile, unbeknownst to him, he was being watched by the G-Man.

Eventually, Gordon reached the Lambda Complex, where he was teleported to Xen to take out the alien leader, Nihilanth. Gordon was succesful, and the G-Man saw an opportunity to make himself known to him.

The G-Man says to Gordon that "The borderworld, Xen, is in our control, for the time being." Who he refers to with "our" is uncertain. He then continues "I have recommended your services to my, eh, employers. They agree you have limitless potential." Most likely the "our" from aforementioned quote refers to the G-Man and his "employers" whoever they are.

The G-Man then offers Gordon a job under his supervision. However, since Gordon knows more about the resonance cascade incident, Black Mesa, and Xen than any person should, the G-Man threatens to kill Gordon if he doesn't accept. Naturally, Gordon accepts the G-Man's offer and is put into stasis for an indeterminate amount of time to be put back into action whenever the G-Man sees fit.

Best answers
Oh okay thx :) i played halflife like 3-5 times all the way through, but its long ago and i never got the gman last part :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I saw a flash somewhere which was like: Half-life in 30 seconds.
You can search for it, but it wouldnt change the outcome of this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can download an avi of Half-Life done in under an hour, start to finish. I think the best time was 45 minutes but it exploited a lot of glitches so quite a few storyline elements vanished. You still get to see the final bosses death and the full ending though.

My advise to you would be get Half-Life 2 Silver, Gold or Collectors, and play through the much improved Half-Life: Source.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I want to do that, because I never finished the original. I got most of the way through but never did the whole thing.

I think G-Man gave Gordon a little too much cred. WIthout the suit he'd have been toast. Hehe.

Best answers
Even with the suit though, he must have had some courage. Most (real) people would've been running screaming from just the head crabs (like the scientists did), let alone those bipedal things that shot electricity, or any of the later enemies, such as the military.

Best answers
ZariusZer0 said:
Even with the suit though, he must have had some courage. Most (real) people would've been running screaming from just the head crabs (like the scientists did), let alone those bipedal things that shot electricity, or any of the later enemies, such as the military.
the suit was designed to keep him comfortable if anything were to happen to him i never actually played the whole thing through mainly because i just got bored so hopefully half life 2 will be different...

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you finish he talks about the wonders of yourself and the suit. Its not like he thought you could have done it on your own.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
When you finish he talks about the wonders of yourself and the suit. Its not like he thought you could have done it on your own.
no he doesnt play through it again and listen to what he says

he says that hes surprised gordon made it that far even with the suit and that gordon has limitless potental and should go work for him

the suit has nothing to do with it which is why the gman says that he can keep the suit cause he earned it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The suit didn't do a whole lot, it was mainly the man inside it. Although the suit has the flashlight, the HUD and saved Gordon from the resonance cascade which ruined lower Black Mesa and killed several scientists, everything else was pure Gordon. Besides the suits were mass-produced, nothing special, when you go and get the suit in Half-Life you can see theres two other suit tubes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And they were all destroyed, too. So I guess that would make his more special, wouldn't it? Either way, I didn't mean his suit did all the work; I meant that the suit saved his ass from the cascade and from various injuries.

It is pretty cool that he got to keep the suit. I have to say for all my pro-Doom ranting, I like Gordon. I don't like HL1 that much but Gordon...got to give respect.

That, and he looks just like my dad. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom