Help With starting up ESF

Best answers
Heya.. I just wanted to know where I'm suppose to put the files after I download em for ESF.. like, the download I get from the files section, I don't know at file I need to extract it into.. can someone let me know? i've tried other stuff, but all I get is the ESF in my steam game list, and when I click it I just get the browe games list.. Can someone help?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you registered a valid halflife cdkey?

Best answers
Yup. I beleve where I'm putting the ESF WinRAR download file might be in the wrong folder.. For you, where did you extract the ESF data to? what folder and where is it?

Best answers
Wait.. Should the valve folder be in the sierra folder? that might be the problem! *goes to switch around some folders*

Best answers
Dangit, I just can't get it to work.. I got all the right downloads.. I just can't get the downloads into the right folders.. someone PLEASE tell me the right folder to extract the exe file into?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ugg stop, first of all there is an "edit" button for a reason, don't double.. in this case triple post it's against the forum aup rules stickies w.e welcome to the forums.

First uninstall everything

install steam
install half life into steam
install esf beta 1.2. into half life which is in steam
install esf 1.2.1 into your e-mail/half life/esf

Best answers
Thanks, and sorry about the more-than-one-post thing.. though unlike other forums I been to, that right after I post the reply, I dont get any 'edit' buttons anywhere..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't mention it. Just read the AUP and all the stickies. they will help you. Cuz that can get you a warning, just so you know. The will probably be lenient with you because you are new. Again welcome

Best answers
Uhm.. I'm trying to install the ESF 1.2 beta in the half-life folder that I copied and moved into steam, but it won't go in.. I just get a window that says that "ESF is not in the specified area". What should I do?

An exact quote of what it says is.. "ESF could not be found on selected destination. Please choose again." Someone please help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom