What was the first pc you owned?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time for something a little different from all these uber machines I think! :)

Let's see.. my first pc I shared with ryoko, and it was bought by our parents.

120mhz (think it was intel)
8mb sd ram
cyrus logic 1mb graphics card (I can smell the power!)
Cannot remember the hard drive size, was either 500mb or 1gb
Packard bell 14" monitor with side mounted speakers
Windows 95

Well I know it's not as bad as it could be - we didn't start using pcs till quite late compared to you lot I bet ;P
Used to love playing descent 1 on it - good times ^^

So lets hear your first pcs!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A crappy E-Machine that i don't even remember the specs for. It BARELY ran Combat Flight Simulator 1. And I'm not sure if I played HL1 on it. MAY have.....At least that ran ok.

Best answers
first PC ever
1988 - dad ex work laptop Toshiba satalite laptop computer (can't remember the model looks like the one from Aliens the computer that controled the sentry guns)
processor- unknown
512 KB of memory
20 MB of HD space
no battery just a power lead
where is it now: not working corupted keyboard.sys file

first Desktop PC

1997 Advent (can't remember model number)
P2 - 233
32 MBs of memory up to 96MBs by 1999
3.2 GB HD + 8GB by 1999
Dimond MM Stealth 2000 Graphics card 8MBs buoght a voodo 3dFX addon card 8MB for my birthday 1998
Where is it now: gathering dust in a corner of the house.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
my first ibm compatible pc was a intel 486 sx with 22 mhz .. pure power !_! ... had some console systems like atari2600 n stuff before that.. too much stuff to count lol .. allthough i cant remember every console/computer i owned... ^_^"

Bolteh2

B
my first ever was the same dj-ready has (22mhz 486)

in 1998 i got a intel celeron 300mhz with 162mb sdram.

in 2002 i got a p4 2gig 256ddr gf4ti4200.. still have that one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We had a 386 and a 486 before the pentiums came out. I remember going on the Prodigy BBs with a US Robotics modem and some bunk internet service called "Sprynet."

I have to give up props to my father. For some reason, he saw the whole big computer thing coming and he got me ahead of the game by getting me started on them so young. It also gave me a huge outlet, for things like writing, and made my life easier with homework and such.

Of course we've moved on. My current machine's specs are in my sig, if you want to know. But still, props go to my father for setting me up as a computer nerd for life.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first PC was the Texas Instruments TI-99/4a. It was basically a Keyboard that hooked up to your TV and had 320k of ram and a ROM slot. You could get a single density 5-1/4 floppy drive for it, but we elected not too, they were still very expensive then. It had a basic programming enviroment as it's OS. :)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehehe, while not as old as cuc's by any stretch of the imagination, I'm still up there compared to most. Mine was a 386. I can't remember if it was SX or DX, whichever was the earlier model was the one I had. I didn't even have a mouse since the entire thing ran on DOS. I'm not even sure if it was capable of running windows 3.1 or even earlier versions.

-Karrde-

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first computer I owned was a Packard Bell, with:

80486 DX2 50MHz processor
4MB of.. who knows what kind of RAM
A 2MB Cirrus Logic video card
500MB-something hard drive
2x cd-rom drive
SoundBlaster "Pro"
A 2.6k (2600 baud) Modem
Windows 3.11 for WorkGroups

It was good for it's time, served me well for a long time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, we had a big old Texas Instruments as well, it's probably still hidden somewhere in the basement.

The first PC I owned is the one I have now (specs are in the other thread), I've had it for about a year now. Used to share a PC with my brothers before I got this one.

We've also had a 386 with just some DOS games like Commander Keen :D

Best answers
First comp I had:
AMDK6 250
64 Ram
4 GB hard disc
A very crappy sound and graphic card, which i dont even remember.
I still have it, just don't use it xD I call it "Gramps" and I used it for around 4 years, now it lives in a box.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ugh...I don't even remember the clock speed. I remember it was a 386 processor (which we later upgraded to a Pentium 99 MHz), good old SVGA graphics, no sound card (until a bit later), which made playing Doom fun...nothing like using the PC speaker for sound effects XD

Let's see... 14.4 kbps modem, I believe, was later installed. Sorry I cannot provide accurate specs, but I was in kindergarten when we got that computer XD

Best answers
o man.. my first computer was before i started school.. and i'm 17 now... haha... i think i we got it before doom even came out.. and doom barely worked on it.. there were never any enemies on the first level of the game... i always saw one is the distance strolling up and down the stupid corridor.. how to get out.. i never knew..

Best answers
My first computer (which is still being used by my mother since its all she needs):
AMD K6-2
450Mghz
64mb of Ram, later upgraded to 364mb.
Crappy 8MB video card, later replaced with a 3DFX Voodoo5
Creative PCI 64bit sound card
12gig HD

Best answers
First PC I ever had was a Packard Bell. Something around 200Mhz, if I had to guess, it had an old rage pro in it. 64 megs of ram. It ran FF7 though... so thats all that matters.

Couple years later I got a brand-spanking new Gateway, cost my mom around 1500 bucks. It was around 97 or 98 (I have a terrible memory). Anyway, it was a blazing 500MHz Pentium 3, 128 megs of PC100 ram. Even had a TNT1, and could run Quake 3 on medium woo!

KyoKusanagi

K
Amstrad 286
12.5mhz clock speed
4mb ram
80mb hdd
101 keyboard
2 button mouse

loaded up windows 3.11 in about ... 3 minutes :p

Games:
Pharoahs Tomb
Prince Of Persia
Stunts
Wolfenstein 3D
Indy 500
World Leaderboard Golf

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
My grandpa still has a VERY old computer and still uses it for chess :/, Ill check the name later.

My first comp was a 386 =], playing wolfenstein and that flying game which those WW1 planes XD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom