esf 1.2 requirments

Best answers
hey whats all of the stuff i need to download so i can run esf 1.2 smoothly.
I know i need valves steam engine, esf 1.2, the manual, and the esf 1.2 patch. but is there anything else that i need? and do i need to download a windows server?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need half life and a cd key yes. Another thing that would work would be a high speed internet (dsl or cable)

When you have Half life, Steam, esf beta 1.2 and 1.2.1 all installed (not the dedicated server ones) you are able to create your own server. So you don't have to download any server stuff. Unless you wanted a dedicated one.

Also a decent computer would do. If you are going to play you'll need 1 a decent amount of memory, good ram, a good gfx card, and like 2.0 ghz or something. there is a minimal requirement around here somewhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
requirements

steam with halflife

internet connection

good enough computer to run halflife well

Best answers
Sicron said:
you need internet if u want to play this game...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...

...That was not funny...Go get a life and stop with the sarcastic answers

No you don't. You need an internet connection to DOWNLOAD it. You don't need an internet connection to play it

Best answers
from what can gather, a Pentium 3 700mhz, 512MB SD RAM, and at least a Geforce 2 will do. (to run the game at 800x600 with 16 bots) an internet connection that is at least 256k or greater would be fine ;) dont listen to those who do not give a direct answer to a simple question. but if you want to run a dedicated server you may need to get a connection that can do 512k or more.
and if you want more bots. a faster processor.
but theres no point really upgraded a graphics card. I managed to get esf running on a 3DFX voodoo Banshee. (Half Life was designed for it, but esf Lagged bad with it, but I managed to get it workin fine with alot on tinkering).
if you require any extra help, just PM me, I'm open to help anyone that asks for it ;)

Best answers
I have 256MB DDR. :) And I still sweep servers at that.

Over clocking by x-mas ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom