Problem with executable?

Best answers
Hey all been playing esf since 1.0, love it. Now ive come back after a short break :laff: and found a small problem, well big, wont let me play.... Far as i know i have all the necessary items i.e, esf1.2 full and the esf1.2.1 update but im getting this message :warning: HERE :warning: . Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx Pete.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Petey said:
Hey all been playing esf since 1.0, love it. Now ive come back after a short break :laff: and found a small problem, well big, wont let me play.... Far as i know i have all the necessary items i.e, esf1.2 full and the esf1.2.1 update but im getting this message :warning: HERE :warning: . Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx Pete.
Firstly, welcome to the ESF forums. :)

I'm afraid that the WON engine for Half-Life is dead. You will need to do the following:

- Download and install Steam.
- Run/play Half-Life at least once so that the necessary folders are created.
- Download and install ESF Beta 1.2 to your Steam Half-Life Folder.
- Download and install ESF Beta 1.2.1 patch to your Steam Half-Life Folder.
- Launch Earth's Special Forces from your Steam's "Play Games" menu.

Hope that helps, feel free to post back if you encounter any further problems. :)

Best answers
Thank you GrOOvy for your 1st piece of help but im at an ends again, or im being slightly dense. When i goto install steam it creates its own directory i.e, C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam , if this is the correct directory which follows to the updating steam status bar which when reaches 27% Steam.exe(main exception): ERROR: delete of steam.exefailed, Win32 Error 5 "Access is denied". either ive gone wrong or my computer has gremlins in it ;D . Again any or little help much appreciated.

Thanx Pete.

*Edit* No worrys all fine and steaming away ty for the help Groovy!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom