Excel Saga

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg, I just started watching this the other day, and my god is it hilarious.

To give a quick rundown of what it's about, here is the animenfo descritption:

"Excel Saga covers the grounds of one Excel, a hyper and enthusiastic girl that is employed by the super-secret organization "Across" that's aimed to take over the world. She will do anything for her beloved Ipalazzo, Across's leader."

The insane antecs of Excel just get funnier and funnier with every episode, and all the paradies of other anime is hilarious. I was wondering if anyone else has seen/is watching this anime, and what they thought of it.

All I know is if it keeps going the way it is now, it'll turn out to be the funniest anime i've ever seen. I highly recommend you go see this now, especially if you've seen a lot of anime, it's way funnier if you have.

Best answers
Hash said:
Omg, I just started watching this the other day, and my god is it hilarious.

To give a quick rundown of what it's about, here is the animenfo descritption:

"Excel Saga covers the grounds of one Excel, a hyper and enthusiastic girl that is employed by the super-secret organization "Across" that's aimed to take over the world. She will do anything for her beloved Ipalazzo, Across's leader."

The insane antecs of Excel just get funnier and funnier with every episode, and all the paradies of other anime is hilarious. I was wondering if anyone else has seen/is watching this anime, and what they thought of it.

All I know is if it keeps going the way it is now, it'll turn out to be the funniest anime i've ever seen. I highly recommend you go see this now, especially if you've seen a lot of anime, it's way funnier if you have.
Ahmen too that hash but the first 5 minutes. if you like this and love episode 26 then it nothing to the spin off "puni puni poemy" OVA "the ADV commentary track worth it alone

Best answers
i remember when ryoko told me to watch this anime

i hate it

way too random with no direction

Best answers
Damned hilarious anime. No story whatsoever, but the humor more than makes up for it. I love Hyatt, constantly dying and getting back up like nothing happened.

Puni Puni Poemi was fun too, but not as great as its predecessor. Fun to see Nabeshin again once more though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm totally with Brim on this, Random does not automatically equal funny. I saw the first 10 or so episodes on TV before I stopped watching as I realized the story wasn't going anywhere, and it certainly wasn't getting funnier. Some of the cleverly thoughtout spoofs were pretty good (Episode 2 or 3 in the jungle, Nabeshin and Excel's bowling training parodying Gohan and Piccolo's...) but the rest was just Excel talking really fast in a high pitched voice with random events happening in the background or, occasionally, the foreground. All the time. Hyatt died a lot, never saw that coming past the fourth ep. The same stuff seemed to happen on a regular basis, with no story holding it together.

If you liked this you'll love Bobobo, if you hate this then you'll still love Bobobo.

Best answers
I didn't find it funny. Cromartie High has way better random humor. And it has Freddy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i picked up the whole series a few months back in a box set for...

wait for it

20$

now this is 20$ for the real american dvd box set at best buy

yeah right next to the 120$ trigun set

screwed... up...

but i got excel saga so i win in the end

as for the show i liked it the first time i saw it and i continue to like it :p

wackyness for the win!

Best answers
This anime have some Sick humor, especialy 26th episode (it's called "too much" for a reason). Overal - it is a good Anime if you watch 1 or 2 episodes per day.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found it funny, but too much randomness. Watching more than a DVD in a month gave me a headache.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's like the SIENFELD of Anime!!

I've only seen a couple episodes, but I love it, mainly because I'm probably as crazy as it itself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hilarious, and full of funny anime references

And I loved those little yellow bear guys.

"AHHHH YOU MAKE-A ME BLEEEED"

IMO, comedy has to be seen in your own language, or it doesn't have the same effect. Although Excel's dubbed voice can be EXTREMELY irritating.

KyoKusanagi

K
I disagree - i barely remember a word of Japanese but i found it to be far less irritating and more funny in the original Japanese with english subtitles.

Best answers
Arthos said:
It's like the SIENFELD of Anime!!
Negatory.

It is funny in its own right, though. I liked it.

Good in moderation!

EDIT: P.S. What TV channel was this on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom