What's your favorite stragety?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
< < > > Some newbs might find these useful :].

Mine is probally after sayan (w/ goku, other character i dont know) you can charge a kamehamehha (or whatever its called) and while its fully charged, start teleporting while its charged (go behind them) and blast them away.
You might commit suicide but tis fun :D

Best answers
Hmmm...I just realised that I don't really have a strategy...but if I had to mention something I'd say getting Vegeta to SSJ, creating a kiblob then shooting a big bang into it, that's teh pwnage, makes it huge.

Best answers
my strategy after playing hardcore for 2-3 days, is with gohan, with or without turning into a super saiyan.. what I do is launch hellofalot lil' ki balls at the enemy usually strafing it.. then when I see the advantage I get closer with teleport and/or swooping, and release hell with melee.. anyway, I am only playing against bots still and it works against them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots are more easily fooled than humans.. It's a lot more entertaining to see someone walk into your trap =) I usually charge up some kind of a powerful beam, then I go down to the ground and wait for a couple of melee users.. And once they come down to smack me, I hold jump and fire the beam, sending me to a distance before I release the space button and kill the fool(s) down by my beam =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[My Strategy]
Melee most of the time, using teleport to confuse the others while you pummel your target before zooming over to another victim, tossing him into another enemy. Then tossing generic balls/beams @ an enemy stuck to the ground. The enemy will then be weakend and easily defeated after melee-pummeling the other victim who was tossed.

Overall just a good combination of teleporting, melee, and generic attacks. Also, make your intentions appear hidden to people so you arent easily predictable.

[Typical "n00b" Strategy]
Begin charging the "best" beam and fire it. When the beam is swatted away quickly shout out "WTF?!" or "OMG!!" always ending with the word "hacker" or "cheater"

Make several other attempts and if all of them fail, continue using the above phrases. After a few minutes of being verbally dominated by the other players in the server, proceed to kill yourself 100 times then complain how much everyone sucks and how lame everything is before leaving the server.

Best answers
well first of all my fav strategy is melle only...if u can get up to somebody try to do the weak combo of light punches and while in special melle press and hold for a hard kick up or down depending if your high up hold down and if your low down its an up kick,i use this on bots though so it works...u'll do the combo of punches and then the hard kick which will send them flying off u call it soul reaver, its easy to use if ur getting pumpled and u can send an attack back, and if u miss alot on the bot come back if u make the hard kick they cant comback and also theres no forceback

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My strategy...Kill everyone who isn't me.

Best answers
Charge into a wall and blow myself up while proclaiming im on fire.....got kinda bored with 1.2.1 so im gonna wait for 1.3 to rekindle my interest in esf

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have many strategies, making me one of the most difficult people in ESF to study moves.

1) Back-forward attack = when someone is chasing you, swoop backward away from them for a few seconds then swoop right at them to hit them for basic melee. Easy to do and very effective.

2) Short swoop = Also very simple. Rather than swooping all around to attack someone and side-swooping for turns, you do a quick swoop to attack them. If they move out of the way, stop, turn around, and swoop right back at them. This does more than 1 thing. It helps me keep an eye on them at all times, it makes me harder to catch, and I use a lot less ki while they waste a lot from side-swooping.

3) Tumble attack = hard to do but can be a sure-kill when done right. Either throw or hit someone to the ground so they start rolling, then proceed to telepot in and out (or short-swoop) to hit them over and over until they die. They cant do anything about it. Timing has to be perfect though...as well as angle since there's a chance you could hit them straight up.

4) Drift = Drifting is when you turn off folying mode in mid-swoop so you start falling down and away. This helps because you go the same speed as when you were turbo, so you can give chase to someone without losing a lot of ki. also, it works like the back-forward attack. The average player usually gives chase for a head-on attack. Just drift down and then swoop up at the right time to smack them in the face. Its hard to master but when you get it right it comes very handy against anyone.

Best answers
Well my tactics has changed.. it is now (with gohan) to get 'em good and beat the **** out of them.. I usually charge them.. simple, uses ki but not very effective.. head on combat, very nice.. but what I do is try to get my last hit a HARD HIT downwards, usually getting the fella down on the ground.. now quickly swap to generic beam (3 if I'm right) and hold down right mouse button, charge a little and release it.. doing all this a bit close to the ground.. this way I punch him onto the ground and give him a beam for lunch :)

the second is when I'm doing a head to head swooping stuff I stop, give him this beam.. this not only breaks his swoop but temporarily blinds him giving me a chance to swoop to him or teleport to an advantage point giving him a beam or getting him with melle.. works pretty well :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
I have many strategies, making me one of the most difficult people in ESF to study moves.

1) Back-forward attack = when someone is chasing you, swoop backward away from them for a few seconds then swoop right at them to hit them for basic melee. Easy to do and very effective.

2) Short swoop = Also very simple. Rather than swooping all around to attack someone and side-swooping for turns, you do a quick swoop to attack them. If they move out of the way, stop, turn around, and swoop right back at them. This does more than 1 thing. It helps me keep an eye on them at all times, it makes me harder to catch, and I use a lot less ki while they waste a lot from side-swooping.

3) Tumble attack = hard to do but can be a sure-kill when done right. Either throw or hit someone to the ground so they start rolling, then proceed to telepot in and out (or short-swoop) to hit them over and over until they die. They cant do anything about it. Timing has to be perfect though...as well as angle since there's a chance you could hit them straight up.

4) Drift = Drifting is when you turn off folying mode in mid-swoop so you start falling down and away. This helps because you go the same speed as when you were turbo, so you can give chase to someone without losing a lot of ki. also, it works like the back-forward attack. The average player usually gives chase for a head-on attack. Just drift down and then swoop up at the right time to smack them in the face. Its hard to master but when you get it right it comes very handy against anyone.

You're actually pretty easy to study. You move very predictably and i usually get bored fighting you.

1) To counter this, swoop forward a bit, swoop upwards when they swoop forwards, and try to land a hit. This is probably the simplest counter to do.
2) I dont remember this ever being effective in battle, but im sure it has some uses. To counter this, swoop away a bit and glide. This'll make the person a lot easier to hit as you can now see them.
3) I like this combo, but teleporting is highly ineffective in this situation. Chances are you'll teleport past them, giving them time to recover. Just swoop and hit, move back a bit, and swoop forward again.
4) Drifting (i call it gliding but w/e) is one technique everyone should learn. Saves quite a lot of ki, and can be used both offensively and defensively. I dont really like the whole fly away until the last minute and swoop forward to land a hit. If you ever see someone swooping backwards, stop chasing them. Let them go to you.

Best answers
Lol you probably won't believe me on this one, but I found a way of guarenteed melee...

Generic beam [right mouse click] fire, the smoke it creates blocks your opponents view on you, in that time you teleport in front of them and swoop their ass. You got to be fast.

Try it, takes a bit of practice, but it does work. I'll try to get some screenies... I usually play as Trunks, but it would work with anyone...

And my other fav is just knocking them around as either Goku or Veggie with swooping. Hit them twice, once straight and once directed towards the floor at an angle, then just follow them and keep doing the same thing.

Once they're on the floor you can hit them twice [3 or 4 times if they keep rolling].

Have fun. =]

P.S. and the 'smack down', where you stand still on the ground and wait for someone to swoop you, then in n instant you jump and smack their ass into their ground with a swoopety swoop!

Oh I got so many =D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smoke thing wont work on me as i have my fx quality set to the lowest option.

Best answers
Then I'd just tele and swoop you. ;] Generic beam 2 is the most effective. I'm not fond of Trunks' BA.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Generic beam is only effective when used properly.

After you teled and "swooped me" id use a really old trick: tele above you and hit you down, followed by gen balls or ki blasts.

Best answers
well yeah.. Linex uses the strategy what I do, and it is effective.. I do use those generic balls (right mouse) quite effectivively, since I can hit them swooping enemies with it.. most of the times

Best answers
I dont really have a set strategy. I use my insticts (Sp?).

But im not really creative with my attacks. so i end up using almost the same things in combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom